New Polar Order recognition of war with TIO

EaTeMuP

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me Sparta would have been a lot more grateful if they had defended them 20 days ago, rather than trying to diplomatically avoid their commitment.

I am an inactive old fart... But even me have a strong feeling that Sparta didnt ask for assistance until recently. So not sure your cheap shot at Polaris holds.

I think no other front, displayed such respect between alliances as this one. Just look at the declaration of war threads. Sparta-NATO-TIO have been anything but honorable and cordial. No doubt that Polar will not be different. Edited by King Louis the II

The horse!@#$ that has become commonplace needs to end.  Pick a side, fight where necessary and forget all the e-lawyer crap that has become so prevalent.  R&R knew full well what was required and they allowed their bloc mate to carry on regardless.  There is indeed senseless aspects to this war and this particular front will be one of them, but everyone chose their side, adopted their position and did so willingly and even given vast amount of opportunity to change their mind carried on regardless.

As for NATO, I am sure they will be well attended, nobody gets a free swing past a certain point.  Diplomacy and good will only carries so far, when you throw it back then other choices have to be made.  They have now been made, R&R will make its choices in coming days and friends may indeed fight friends as a result.  These are the choices that face us when treaties are signed and when agreements are made.  Please don't condescend and pretend that you didn't want this outcome, you made every move towards it and none away from it and despite all concession do not turn away from your choices. 

Good luck to all involved, may resolution be swift.

Given the current "sides" I'm glad we're not part of either.

Please do not try and grab hold of the diplomatic high ground here, though: that's not a path I would suggest you to take. NpO did what it had to do, there's no shame to that: the road to this decision was not the result of TIO and NATO's actions only, though, as I'm sure your leadership is aware.

Have a good fight.

I think no other front, displayed such respect between alliances as this one. Just look at the declaration of war threads. Sparta-NATO-TIO have been anything but honorable and cordial. No doubt that Polar will not be different.

I'm not surprised. TIO & NATO have displayed greater decorum lately. Given the regular disparaging (right or wrong) of Sparta in certain quarters, that is notable.

This is just gross, in hindsight we should have just gone along with the Polar rolling instead of trying to stop it.

FFS NpO you could of at least had TOP hit us :(

Edit:  Although, to be fair, Polar did just jump on a grenade for Sparta, so that deserves some props.  

Caustic was right all along.  :(

Us was in the position it was in partially due to the threat against XX (Fark/Polar), forcing us to find support where they couldn't. A position that turned upside down when we had to read about XX (polars's) own solution on the OWF without as much as a heads up. And a position that was sealed when Sparta used an optional clause to hit an alliance tied to 2/3rds of the bloc.

The only choice there was, was made for Us.

Anyway, on behalf of the alliances we started out working against together and we mutually dislike, thanks.

To be fair, we hold not treaty with RnR and they exited XX as we were coming in. You should know that we wouldn't leak a major treaty signing that shifted entire blocs and lead us on the road to this war with everyone who might possibly be in our sphere. In addition, you didn't really expect a rejuvenated Polar to lay down and accept a rolling from the political masterminds of NSO and NG, did you? Moves were made, and you can't fault us for doing it when it has turned out to be an exceptional move. 

As for Sparta, I think they just like war. No hurt feelings there. 

It takes NpO this long to declare on TIO and yet they ignore NATO...
I mean I am indifferent to TIO, but man, way to let your allies burn...

Shoot 'em down TIO!

Sorry, we have quite a bit on our plate. Next time we'll be a little quicker for you. 

This is just gross, in hindsight we should have just gone along with the Polar rolling instead of trying to stop it.

FFS NpO you could of at least had TOP hit us :(

Edit:  Although, to be fair, Polar did just jump on a grenade for Sparta, so that deserves some props.  

Well, berbers, I can assure you this is being done without any malice. It's not being done to roll TIO, but to assist Sparta who has been facing tough odds alone, due to the connections of NATO and TIO. TOP is not a pawn of Polar, and they don't hold an alliance with Sparta. 

We're going to eat a few counters for this, so it really shouldn't be viewed as an overly aggressive action meant to hurt TIO. Just trying to assist one of our closest allies, who was dealt the toughest draw in our entire coalition. 

Like I said previously, good luck to all, and I hope for a swift resolution here, as there are about 50 alliances I'd rather fight.

We're going to eat a few counters for this, so it really shouldn't be viewed as an overly aggressive action meant to hurt TIO. Just trying to assist one of our closest allies, who was dealt the toughest draw in our entire coalition.

While I can understand what y'all are doing, let's not forget that Sparta was dealt this tough draw because they decided to oA on NPO. If they couldn't foresee it...

While I can understand what y'all are doing, let's not forget that Sparta was dealt this tough draw because they decided to oA on NPO. If they couldn't foresee it...

You talk like Sparta made that decision themselves  :P

To be fair, we hold not treaty with RnR and they exited XX as we were coming in. You should know that we wouldn't leak a major treaty signing that shifted entire blocs and lead us on the road to this war with everyone who might possibly be in our sphere. In addition, you didn't really expect a rejuvenated Polar to lay down and accept a rolling from the political masterminds of NSO and NG, did you? Moves were made, and you can't fault us for doing it when it has turned out to be an exceptional move. 

I was about to reply in a "are you for real" way, then realized you are not gov (and as far as I recall you weren't during Spring and Summer either). If that's the impression you got of the situation, though, you are either misinformed or trying to depict the situation as different from what it is.

NpO is doing its duty towards an ally, as expected. There's nothing wrong with that. It's what lead to that need that probably irked someone in Us, not putting the treaty into action. You will probably get more info in the next few days from your government, I guess. At worst you can get a biased version from an external xD

Caustic was right all along.  :(

See causing this to happen is worse than all the viceroys and forced disbandments of the past put together.  Obligatory NpO-TOP are worse than NPO discussion :P

Yeah, that is true. But, to be fair, Valhalla and GOONS are still fighting NPO without being countered. You never really know what draw you are going to get in a coalition war as each treaty partner tends to focus on one alliance. Sparta's disadvantage was that majority of their allies were already in the war and engaged, making them an easier target for those looking to make a minimalist effort in the war. 

I haven't heard Sparta complain about it, though, which is pretty rare.

Edit: Out of curiosity, does AO and GO really do much of anything at this point? I haven't heard a word from them in ages. Too bad.

I was about to reply in a "are you for real" way, then realized you are not gov (and as far as I recall you weren't during Spring and Summer either). If that's the impression you got of the situation, though, you are either misinformed or trying to depict the situation as different from what it is.

NpO is doing its duty towards an ally, as expected. There's nothing wrong with that. It's what lead to that need that probably irked someone in Us, not putting the treaty into action. You will probably get more info in the next few days from your government, I guess. At worst you can get a biased version from an external xD

I'm not sure really what there is to get wrong about that situation, government, or not. I've spent enough time around CN politics to understand how exactly it goes down without being there, and frankly, that's true for most of us at this point. Either way, I enjoy not being government, and there is the possibility I may be wrong. Either way, there's no reason to be too upset about this and we'll move past it in a few weeks/months. Polar knows who her true enemies are, and they aren't found here. 

Edited by Starfox101

TOP is not a pawn of Polar, and they don't hold an alliance with Sparta. 

Yeah but from all comments about treating your coalition partners like allies and all those oA's that benefited TOP, they could have at least thrown one your way to help out Sparta...

Just saying, TOP seems to be benefiting from this "everyone oA on to everything and our coalition is our main focus" thought more than everyone else.

It takes NpO this long to declare on TIO and yet they ignore NATO...
I mean I am indifferent to TIO, but man, way to let your allies burn...

Shoot 'em down TIO!

Always a big talker, how soon you forget.

For Sparta!!!!!!!

o/NpO

o/Sparta