So after 1.5years i'm back and don't know where to go..

King Jordan

Hey guys,

I played this game from 2009-2012 and have spur of the moment decided to come back just for fun. I wanted to see how changed it is now! But, the catch is I don't know where to go...

Here's the alliances I was in:

iFOK

April 2009-May 2010

November 2010-June 2011

Omniscient Empire of Green

protected by iFOK

May 2010-October 2010

VE

October 2010-November 2010

Non Grata

successor to iFOK

June 2011-November 2011

The Fifth Empire

protected by GOONS

November 2011-December 31 2011

Deinos

December 31 2011 - July or August 2012 (estimated)

And... now, 1.5 years later, i'm here again with no idea where to go.

If iFOK was still around, I would have jumped right on it... but sadly they're  gone...

So, recruit away I guess?

Join IRON. 

Despite the recent conflict and the publics dissatisfaction with our entry into the war, IRON is still the same amazing alliance its always been. 

A great, active and friendly comunity, the best guides in CN, and a proud, rich history. 

Free glowsticks while supplies last!

Depends on what you're looking for, quite simply:

- democratic or authoritary alliance?

- looking to be a common member, or want to try and make a career in some department?

- laid back, or highly militant environment?

- aggressive or more cautious group?

Find an answer to those questions, then we will be able to help you more rather than sponsoring our respective alliances :)

Anywhere is fine depending on the theme you like.  Things are a lot less active then they were when you left.  You might want to avoid some of the micros that have been making fools of themselves lately  IRON has become Planet Bobs least liked and respected alliance so you might want to avoid that train wreck as well.  Looking at your background I would have a look at some of your old alliances that are still around. 

Nonsense. Things happen, and IRON has always has a respectable reputation, sir.
We may have not made made the most popular decision, but all will be understood and accepted in due time. There's a reason IRON is ranked #2 and it isn't because we're dishonest thugs.
All in good time, sir.

Nonsense. Things happen, and IRON has always has a respectable reputation, sir.
We may have not made made the most popular decision, but all will be understood and accepted in due time. There's a reason IRON is ranked #2 and it isn't because we're dishonest thugs.
All in good time, sir.

just...don't. Trust everyone's advice and stay away. Never be happy with being #2 btw. ;)

Pick someone on this map that you would like to hit the lowest tiers of.  Then join any of the alliances fighting them and go nuts.  If after the war you dislike the aa, just switch. But instead of looking for who you will like based upon random recommendations, why not take the opportunity to have fun against someone you might dislike?

hah well this whole thing is one big ego stoke.

Looks like TPF is in the barrel after the last few declarations.

NpONSO%20warmap45.jpg

I would definitely prefer a democratic alliance, but I wouldn't necessarily deny an authoritarian alliance. I'd prefer to be a common member, as I'm really doing this for fun. I no longer feel the need to be a 60k strength nation who spends a large part of his day building up his nation and activity level. That's not to say that I won't be active, however. I'll definitely be posting on forums and will use IRC every so often (is that still used?). I want an alliance that is relatively laid back, but at the same time won't cop out when their ally is threatened. Also: despite wanting to be a common member, I wouldn't mind being a diplomat. That was always fun.

Even though I was a big supporter of the iFOK-PC merger, I (as of mid 2012) hate what NG has become. I really don't think i'll go back to them. And they're allied with the Orders now? Wow...

And, well, no thank you to IRON. But thank you for the offer(s)! ;)

EDIT; A lot of those alliances in that map I've never even heard of... I guess its a very different world now.

Edited by King Jordan

This is largely going to be a list of people saying "Pick me! Pick me!" or else "Do whatever you want" so...

To be a little more helpful, is there anything else in CN you want to do? Are you looking to sell tech or just ignore your nation for the most part? Any particular government structure preferences besides just democracy or nothing beyond that general preference? What kind of culture do you like? Laid back can be pretty diverse.

I'm feeling helpful, so if you have anything else you'd like, maybe I can help narrow down some options.

Otherwise, Ooh, ooh, pick me!

I would definitely prefer a democratic alliance, but I wouldn't necessarily deny an authoritarian alliance. I'd prefer to be a common member, as I'm really doing this for fun. I no longer feel the need to be a 60k strength nation who spends a large part of his day building up his nation and activity level. That's not to say that I won't be active, however. I'll definitely be posting on forums and will use IRC every so often (is that still used?). I want an alliance that is relatively laid back, but at the same time won't cop out when their ally is threatened. Also: despite wanting to be a common member, I wouldn't mind being a diplomat. That was always fun.
Even though I was a big supporter of the iFOK-PC merger, I (as of mid 2012) hate what NG has become. I really don't think i'll go back to them. And they're allied with the Orders now? Wow...

And, well, no thank you to IRON. But thank you for the offer(s)! ;)

EDIT; A lot of those alliances in that map I've never even heard of... I guess its a very different world now.

Yeah I know. The Orders deserve better.
But on a serious note, welcome back and good luck out there.

I don't mind selling tech, I figure I might as well contribute *somehow*. But I may wait a week or two, just so I can get in the groove of remembering to check this every day without screwing over tech partners unintentionally. As for governments, I've always favored the triumvirate and minister system. With elections, say, every quarter? I don't know if that helps..

As for culture, if you remember iFOK: ballsy, but not reckless; against the norm; tightly-knit, but not excessively small.

I'll look more closely at Sparta tomorrow (Sunday).. but i'm on my way to Manhattan right now. I don't necessarily have a negative perception, but neither a positive one.  

Hope you find an alliance that suits you. You could try and find out where those people are, whom you had fun with, the last time you were here. People tend to remain fun , regardless of which AA they are in. Unless they became gov. Then you get dour-faced mumblers.

Edited by Helbrecht

Hope you find an alliance that suits you. You could try and find out where those people are, whom you had fun with, the last time you were here. People tend to remain fun , regardless of which AA they are in. Unless they became gov. Then you get dour-faced mumblers.

I have no idea what you're talgrnn mbount hmrm.... :|

@Letterkenny: Kashmir interested me, but it might be hard for me to be in an alliance with a theme that I know nothing of.. I just looked up Led Zeppelin and was surprised to find out it was a band and not a solo artist :/
And you're affiliated with NSO, which.. well, I don't like very much.

@Delta1212: I have strong negative perceptions of the Orders, STA, Fark, and Doomhouse minus GOONS. I have positive perceptions of ODN, the Purple sphere, GOONS, VE, etc.

Edited by King Jordan

@Letterkenny: Kashmir interested me, but it might be hard for me to be in an alliance with a theme that I know nothing of.. I just looked up Led Zeppelin and was surprised to find out it was a band and not a solo artist :/
And you're affiliated with NSO, which.. well, I don't like very much.

@Delta1212: I have strong negative perceptions of the Orders, STA, Fark, and Doomhouse minus GOONS. I have positive perceptions of ODN, the Purple sphere, GOONS, VE, etc.

Well that's fair. Not everyone is a Zeppelin fan, but a lot of references and a bit of our philosophy may go over your head. 

ODN is my recommendation then, based purely on my opinion of the alliances you listed. Great guys.