Welcome to the Naughty Corner STA

duelking

Frankly, it's because we expended both our political capital and our nations by defending Polaris for years, and since we ended our treaty, we'd been told several times by NpO that even though you knew it was over, you'd still protect us when push came to shove. Then, when that day came, you were unwilling to spend a little political capital on STA when you were absolutely in a position to do so. 

Indeed, this is the ultimate betrayal...

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stand tall STA while the chaffe break upon your blades. It is not every day that a cripple in their dying act levee all their power against you. Like i said before, hatred creates strange bedfellows...

I don't think we believe that Polaris was plotting against STA actively. I think our disappointment is more along the lines that Polaris didn't do anything to stop the oA chain from happening. As I stated before, Polaris has absolutely no technical obligation to STA and thus what you're doing is superficially fine.

But there's a deeper history between our alliances. When Polaris was the pariah of the world, we stuck by you. When you were getting beaten in the noCB war, we declared on every alliance at war with you. Through multiple times in our history we risked total destruction to stand by you. We bleed with you, we fought for you, we suffer alongside you. We cancelled our treaty with you after that due to communication issues, but never once did we regret fighting for you. It was a privilege and honor to fight in the defense of an ally when the whole world hates you. As an aside, that's a commitment your new friend TOP will never give you.

After that kind of commitment, I would hope that your honor would bind you to perhaps not actively defend us but to at least prevent ridiculous oA chains from being formed against your old blood brother. I again hesitate to call it a debt or that you owe us, but more akin to a feeling of profound honor.

You have no literal obligation to us. And for that you can wash your hands clean of what has transpired. The fact that you are able to do so though saddens me deeply because it means that I completely misunderstood the psyche of your alliance. And for that I have no one to blame but myself.

STA stood by us in dark times. STA also abandoned us at a dark time in our history because the prospect of continuing to defend us against the aggression of our enemies was too "one-sided".

Other alliances who had suffered nearly as much in our defense as STA chose to standby us. People like CCC, UPN and USN defended us then and they came when we needed them now. We have an obligation to them, to reward them for their years of faith with a victory. That victory will not come from placing our interests ahead of our coalition partners. It will not come from carving out special protection for old friends who sided against us. It will only come by building a consensus with our coalition partners about what strategy to take and what tactics to use. That is what we are doing each and every day of this war and I do not intend to apologize for it.

Edited by Fallen Fool

STA also abandoned us at a dark time in our history because the prospect of continuing to defend us against the aggression of our enemies was too "one-sided".

Well, that's a lie and a half.

Why attempt to try and stop coverage for a member of its coalition?  Not only would it naturally not work, but it would undermine the people helping them in this war. I mean don't get me wrong, you're entitled to your opinion of course but trying to harm its own coalition via the action you suggest would be even lower than trying to put up some resistance into countering y'all.

This is pretty much what everyone is trying to state, and really not doing a good job at it.

If you commit to a coalition, you actually have to commit. You can't be part of a coalition and play both sides, or view the world in black and white. As WC said, you undermine the entire goal of your operation in doing so. STA has been one of the few alliances that has always stood by their allies, regardless of the consequences. STA's mentality simply does not lend itself to think in terms of coalition warfare, and that IS something to be commended; realistically you have to view the world as it is, and it ain't pretty. This war, and really the last few wars, proves that. It's a political jungle, and gorillas will eat your fucking face even if they have to swing across 4 big ass trees and cross a river to do it. The secret is to channel your inner Tarzan.

That last bit is a metaphor, I think. Not sure what it means, but Tarzan is pretty cool, and boy that Jane? Lawdy Ladwy, can she swing on a vine!

STA stood by us in dark times. STA also abandoned us at a dark time in our history because the prospect of continuing to defend us against the aggression of our enemies was too "one-sided".

Other alliances who had suffered nearly as much in our defense as STA chose to standby us. People like CCC, UPN and USN defended us then and they came when we needed them now. We have an obligation to them, to reward them for their years of faith with a victory. That victory will not come from placing our interests ahead of our coalition partners. It will not come from carving out special protection for old friends who sided against us. It will only come by building a consensus with our coalition partners about what strategy to take and what tactics to use. That is what we are doing each and every day of this war and I do not intend to apologize for it.

If you interpreted anything I said as asking you for an apology then I must've worded it poorly. 

I disagree vehemently that we abandoned you (if we were going to abandon you my friend, we would've done it far earlier) but the point is that NpO does not view itself as having any sort of obligation to STA, technical or honor bound. That is fine and you are more than entitled to feel that way. It's just not what I thought you guys felt. My bad.

And indeed you had other alliances that stood by you and who are allied to you now. You should stand by and protect them. Of course, we aren't threatening them at all. The only way your assertion of obligation even makes sense is if you view everything in a light of coalitions. It's obvious from this post that you do indeed think in those purely pragmatic terms, in which case STA is indeed a threat to you.

Which again, you're free to think and act like this. It's just not how STA rolls and we merely wanted to let the world know that we think this four alliance oA chain is ridiculous, deplorable, and dishonorable. If your honor tells you that to protect your allies you need to four oA chain onto us despite us not threatening your allies, then so be it. We're not complaining.

As it was an honor and privilege to burn for you, so it is for TPF. We knew exactly what our commitment would mean should they ever need our assistance through our treaty. So lest you think I'm somehow angry, whining, etc: not at all. This is how we roll, and it's nice to be back into a familiar position.

I can't say that I'm not happy, I'm a truly luck fellow, I managed to fight and nuke the most cowards and low-down alliances in each cyberverse eras and now I'm fighting against the nowadays scum alliance that is IRON, I have just to be thankful for being such lucky guy.

That's not much to be said about that after see the need of so many chains to IRON attack us, a much smaller alliance, may your children their 3rd generation glow green IRON.

Za'Sibir!  

Wise man say: "One of much smaller alliance shant excercise much bigger mouth"

I'm not really interested in arguing back and forth over what should or should not have happened. I have my opinions on the matter but they won't be aired here.

However, I am posting to call this steaming pile of shit you have pinched onto this thread for what it is. If you believe a word of that, Fallen, then you are a complete arse.

Excuse me, RV. You don't love me anymore. :(

Also, for what it's worth, welcome to the real front IRON. I still dislike this entire war and everything it stands for - but welcome, and have fun. :)

I had no idea you were still around until a few days ago. So, hello. Long time no see. How do you do?

Still, whatever dislike I may have had for you is due to actions long past and now mostly forgotten. RON's detestable actions are for more recent. They deserve whatever scorn they get.

Burn them, STA.

I am still wondering. With all the ghost declares and oA's used for both TPF & STA, what has your coalition accomplished with the crapbags that this war started over? I mean you've shown how hard you can roll out on 2 small outliers of the conflict with no coalition contact. What are you doing in the core of the conflict?

If I had to sign with NG or even NSO for the duration of the next war, I would in order put my boot on your neck IRON.

It's a political jungle, and gorillas will eat your fucking face even if they have to swing across 4 big ass trees and cross a river to do it. The secret is to channel your inner Tarzan.

The mental image I got was pretty rockin just then. A nice little summary of our dearly beloved planet bob I think.

Have fun on the front lines everyone.

I was still under the misapprehension that this war was about NSO. It is only now that the true genius of the plan to neutralise the STA threat has become apparent. Well played to the TOP/Polar-led coalition!

STA for some time has been withholding back on the tear collection.

When're withholding back that many tears expect people to come to collect them in force.

I am still wondering. With all the ghost declares and oA's used for both TPF & STA, what has your coalition accomplished with the crapbags that this war started over? I mean you've shown how hard you can roll out on 2 small outliers of the conflict with no coalition contact. What are you doing in the core of the conflict?

It's almost like no one has been publicly keeping track of the destruction from this war and posting it for everyone to see....oh wait they have been.  In case you missed, the core is getting far more smashed than the outliers.  QQ some more.

Wise man say: "One of much smaller alliance shant excercise much bigger mouth"

This is a smart thing to say. Its also always wise to remember that being big now doesn't guarantee it for later.   Might makes right gets everyone rolled in the end.

Best of luck to STA and IRON. 

Edited by Penlugue Solaris