IRON is the new ODN?

D34th

NoR would have been the easiest way to get to NG. I can assure you that hitting NG, while a bonus for many in the coalition, was not the purpose of this war. While everyone may have a different dog in this fight, our one and only goal was backing Polar against NSO. NSO put themselves in their current position with their own stupidity, and it's unfortunate that so many good alliances are being dragged to your defense.

I mean, if your analysis of the web is literally just "which circle has the least lines coming out of it", that makes perfect sense. Things are just a bit more complicated.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

npo%20plot.jpg

SO WHICH WAS IT?

Either way I have to report this as an official car crash thread.

Oh please. If it was kept on the DL for so long and obfuscated even from allies like IRON, where does Polar's CB come from? Keep your lines straight.

The fact of the matter is that everybody knew this war was coming sooner or later, and IRON decided to plot against their own allies at the behest of TOP. They got manipulated into abandoning a stalwart ally, and not only are they going to look awful to the entire planet for it, but now there's quite a bit less standing between TOP and getting to roll IRON. You're not fighting Polar's war of defense, you're fighting TOP's war of aggression, and that is obvious to everybody smart enough not to believe OWF propaganda. Spend less time making flow charts and more time critically thinking about the consequences of this war beyond "wooo lol fuck NSO!"

Oh please. If it was kept on the DL for so long and obfuscated even from allies like IRON, where does Polar's CB come from? Keep your lines straight.

The fact of the matter is that everybody knew this war was coming sooner or later, and IRON decided to plot against their own allies at the behest of TOP. They got manipulated into abandoning a stalwart ally, and not only are they going to look awful to the entire planet for it, but now there's quite a bit less standing between TOP and getting to roll IRON. You're not fighting Polar's war of defense, you're fighting TOP's war of aggression, and that is obvious to everybody smart enough not to believe OWF propaganda. Spend less time making flow charts and more time critically thinking about the consequences of this war beyond "wooo lol fuck NSO!"

I entirely acknowledge your frustration and anger.. was that a yes then? Might as well come clean on for the record.

I love how everyone is shedding their moraltears for NG while NG is on the crap end of EXACTLY the sort of foreign policy that is NG's signature. 

Everyone knew this war was coming, everyone picked their side months ago.  NG is just as liable as IRON to have cancelled the treaty, but that's not how all you dumbasses play your FAs, and every war someone gets burned.  I love, love, love watching it.

There's no moral tears.  Its this simple.  Both parties can be 'blamed' for the treaty still existing.  Sure.  But the problem isnt that the treaty exists. You could argue that its STUPID. But thats not the problem.  The problem is one party didnt HONOR the treaty or their commitment.

Could positions possibly have been reversed if this war had chained differently?  Yes.  But they aren't. 

Its a fact iron didnt honor their treaty.  Whether you think that shows them in bad taste or is a 'moral' problem or not i suppose is an individual question.

Ohh, and it doesnt much matter if you think NG are the scum of the earth or super amazing folks. IRON knowing full well who NG were/are signed said treaty with them.    NG's culture/personality is a reason to DROP a treaty.  Or to not sign one to begin with.  It is not justification for refusing to honor a MDP commitment.

Edited by OsRavan

Ohh, and it doesnt much matter if you think NG are the scum of the earth or super amazing folks. IRON knowing full well who NG were/are signed said treaty with them.    NG's culture/personality is a reason to DROP a treaty.  Or to not sign one to begin with.  It is not justification for refusing to honor a MDP commitment.

The responses to my posts through this thread and page show that this is something that none of them fathom. Too busy with the "lol NG shit the bed and can sleep in it" and "lol NSO shit the bed and can sleep in it" - you're wasting your breath like the rest of us here, Os.

Yeah uh, I hate to tell you but in my current state of low activity by the time I know something it is not really a secret anymore.  Do not let that stop you though, you keep on trucking like you have no idea what is going on around you.  And then I am sure the people in XX will agree and pretend they also have heard nothing.   Although I have not heard anything from them about chatting people up so maybe they are just going to ride it out and hope for the best or they are just being a bit more subtle about it.  However it plays out I will be here watching.  I expect that one to be an even bigger hot mess than this one.     

This reminds me of those times when you insisted that your claims were accurate because you were heavily involved in CN black ops, whatever that term actually meant. They were total nonsense then, and they are total nonsense now.

Yeah uh, I hate to tell you but in my current state of low activity by the time I know something it is not really a secret anymore.  Do not let that stop you though, you keep on trucking like you have no idea what is going on around you.  And then I am sure the people in XX will agree and pretend they also have heard nothing.   Although I have not heard anything from them about chatting people up so maybe they are just going to ride it out and hope for the best or they are just being a bit more subtle about it.  However it plays out I will be here watching.  I expect that one to be an even bigger hot mess than this one.     

Yeah TBB I'm saying this to you as an old friend, I really have no idea what you're talking about.

This reminds me of those times when you insisted that your claims were accurate because you were heavily involved in CN black ops, whatever that term actually meant. They were total nonsense then, and they are total nonsense now.

Yeah TBB I'm saying this to you as an old friend, I really have no idea what you're talking about.

I actually disagree and agree with The Big Bad here. He's saying that he isn't active anymore and doesn't really know about all the secrets and OPSEC shit anymore, but he knows that you are up to something and can keep XX quiet. That's what he's saying and I agree with him because I like him a lot more than I like you two.

Woah, woah, OsRavan, just hold it right there.  That kind of black-and-white, pragmatic, policy-based FP will literally do irreparable damage to the planet.

I knew you were a closet Justitian all along.  You just needed your DH dream to come crashing down to let it bubble up to the surface.

The responses to my posts through this thread and page show that this is something that none of them fathom. Too busy with the "lol NG shit the bed and can sleep in it" and "lol NSO shit the bed and can sleep in it" - you're wasting your breath like the rest of us here, Os.

Au contraire, my turtly Emperor, I fathom it more than anyone, and you ought to know since you loved it when I socked it to VE for the same crimes of policy that have caused this tragic reversal for NG.  But, yes, unless you've managed to discover a reason why IRON is so terrible for doing the same thing as you and you and you and you and you and especially NG, you're right: I am happy to watch the fallout again, and I am especially happy to watch it play out on NG this time.

I actually disagree and agree with The Big Bad here. He's saying that he isn't active anymore and doesn't really know about all the secrets and OPSEC shit anymore, but he knows that you are up to something and can keep XX quiet. That's what he's saying and I agree with him because I like him a lot more than I like you two.

Don't you have some war to orchestrate or something?

It's usually polite not to attack allies of allies especially if you don't want conflict with that ally. Of course, if you don't give a shit about that ally then go ahead and hit their allies.

At this point that's about dead like chivalry, but I remember Corny canceling on Sponge back pre-WotC for it. I'm sure there are tons more cases. TIO-Athens, iirc UMB and MK got into it over the MHA hit, RoK and Polar got into it over the \m/ hit iirc. My memory is bad now though.

That was me. It was the NpO/FIST war.

A swing and a miss.

I don't see that working out well for IRON either in the short, or long term after this thread. Lets hope MCRABT and others are wrong and your Council isn't as incompetent as the recent couple of months worth of actions has shown them to be.  :popcorn:

Also, the perception of Leadership quality tends to come with the capability of pulling your weight. FYI. It doesn't actually make you a leader by any means, nor have I seen Chim, or anyone else from MI6 proclaim to be one.

This is getting ridiculous.

I think maybe it was a joke, I can only assume it was given the popcorn eating.

There again maybe not, but probably not though.

This is suppossed to be one of Polar/TOP's (our) coalition leaders.

I'd be so happy if we did a bipolar and hit your alliance instead.

I'd love to peace out with NPO and TPF. Perhaps we can all join hands and hit your pathetic excuse of an alliance. 

I guess... of course... you'll know the answer already Auctor

If they did know of the plot..  it would have been shared with GLOF as intel by IRON

By extension then

Was GLOF involved with a plot against NpO?

No, we were not involved. GLoF is not allied to either NG or NSO in any case.

I'd love to peace out with NPO and TPF. Perhaps we can all join hands and hit your pathetic excuse of an alliance.

Or simply come alone and find out how deep the rabbit hole goes.

I'm actually a bit scared of the military prowess of MI6.

Edited by Commander shepard

Seriously... what motivation would it give him to even name names. Everyone will deny it so as to not rock the current boat. It does not mean it is not happening.

In other words, I've heard rumblings from other people claiming that others are talking about rolling these guys post-war. I've been there before, and I've believed the hype, but history speaks, and it's never been true before. 

You really have nothing going, and I'm not even sure what your motive is here, as it accomplishes nothing and only further makes you look out of touch.

Oh, is XX planning to roll TOP?

Vague insinuations of destruction in the future for the leading party by the losing party, a true staple of every coalition war.

I love how everyone is shedding their moraltears for NG while NG is on the crap end of EXACTLY the sort of foreign policy that is NG's signature. 

Everyone knew this war was coming, everyone picked their side months ago.  NG is just as liable as IRON to have cancelled the treaty, but that's not how all you dumbasses play your FAs, and every war someone gets burned.  I love, love, love watching it.

Everyone should have just listened to you when you told them to cancel all pointless treaties a year back.