Using sanctions as tools of war?

Steve Buscemi

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the sanction wars begin!

Seems like they embraced the Kaskus example.

yeah kaskus (or at least a member) has done this tactic against members of the revolutionary bloc, Die Linke from both LSF and SWF! i have screenshots to prove it

The nations came from TOP/DBDC/SPATR, to blame Kaskus for people who wanted to hit the top LSF nation is misguided.

If you notice the nations also sanctioned the LSF nation they're fighting.

Edited by Commander shepard

You realize that Methax was DBDC when he hit two NoR nations? He also has 0 days seniority and is pending. How about actually contact Umb gov to see if this was sanctioned by their gov. If it is, oh well. If it is not, oh well. Just amusing that you put so little effort into this Steve. I expected at least a little research effort on your part.

Let the sanction wars begin!

The nations came from TOP/DBDC/SPATR, to blame Kaskus for people who wanted to hit the top LSF nation is misguided.

If you notice the nations also sanctioned the LSF nation they're fighting.

we have been speaking with a kaskus diplo about this guy (BONES), even before he was in kaskus he was in spatr (kaskus MDOAP ally), now he is an approved member of kaskus, and the diplo seems to not know or acting purposely ignorant about the situation,

it's not misguided

we have been speaking with a kaskus diplo about this guy (BONES), even before he was in kaskus he was in spatr (kaskus MDOAP ally), now he is an approved member of kaskus, and the diplo seems to not know or acting purposely ignorant about the situation,
it's not misguided

And before that he was in TOP and DBDC and pretty much still is de-facto member of DBDC.
Bones is getting 36 votes in the senate, if I had to guess TOP accounts for a high enough percentage of that vote.
It is misguided to blame Kaskus for it because it probably would have happened anyway.

And before that he was in TOP and DBDC and pretty much still is de-facto member of DBDC.
Bones is getting 36 votes in the senate, if I had to guess TOP accounts for a high enough percentage of that vote.
It is misguided to blame Kaskus for it because it probably would have happened anyway.

Uhhh what? This Bones guy has never been in TOP nor do we vote for him.

You realize that Methax was DBDC when he hit two NoR nations? He also has 0 days seniority and is pending. How about actually contact Umb gov to see if this was sanctioned by their gov. If it is, oh well. If it is not, oh well. Just amusing that you put so little effort into this Steve. I expected at least a little research effort on your part.

You can see from his aid tab that he's been on Umb AA for at least 11.10 - 02.11. He most likely just jumped AAs for the sanction and to hit the NoR nations and is now back on Umb, though pending. Will be interesting to see if Umb will reaccept him.

Personally never was a huge friend of using sanctions as weapons of war. Might be because I've been in a sphere where most of the alliances have managed to live harmoniously enough.

You can see from his aid tab that he's been on Umb AA for at least 11.10 - 02.11. He most likely just jumped AAs for the sanction and to hit the NoR nations and is now back on Umb, though pending. Will be interesting to see if Umb will reaccept him.

Personally never was a huge friend of using sanctions as weapons of war. Might be because I've been in a sphere where most of the alliances have managed to live harmoniously enough.

Methax has been on the Umbrella AA since the first week of April prior to which he was on DBDC, which he switched back to briefly this week when declaring on NoR.

830942227.jpg

What next? Spies to our forums? Sending malwares to us? Hacking our accounts? IRL threats?

All that already seen and experienced in -08. Try something new k?

Yeah, we are already working on a virus that changes your government to communism and then deletes the "Edit my nation" button. 

Seriously get your head out of your .... . There is a difference between a game feature and the things you have listed. 

Personally, I am not a fan of sanctions and I doubt it was something planned by Umbrella. 

Edit: 

Is it fair to use nukes on non nuclear nations? Is tech raiding fair? No. So I'd like to see the alliances complaining about todays policies, to change theirs tomorrow. Will you stop tech raiding tomorrow, Buscemi?

Edited by NoMercy

Surprised it took d34th as the last post on page 1 to bring us up :P

It's a feature in the game, it's a "political feature" .. In the real world, sanctions are used to slow down war efforts by those "strong enough to enforce them" (not to be directly interpreted as a 'might makes right' statement - but as a recognition of the requirements to be able to achieve/hold/maintain/utilize said feature) - it's just been translated into the game. Unfortunately with restrictions to how many a senator can sanction though.

It gives a good reason to work out that battle for a senate seat, and brings back its importance and weight as a tool in relationships and political strength of an alliance.