Commonwealth Cooperation?

Evangeline Anovilis

A message would be sent from Sendai to Tokyo and from there to Beijing, in the hope it reached the Imperial court. As it carried the seal of the Prime Ministers office, the postal service would make sure to deliver it, with utmost care for its safety and confidentiality.

To: The Office of HIH Yuan Jia I

From: Office of the Prime Minister of the Dai-Tōhoku Renpō

To his Imperial Majesty, Yuan Jia I,

As prime minister of Dai-Tōhoku and thus representative of over 30 million imperial subjects in Japan, I would like to send my regards and wishes for his Majesty's continued well-being. It is our humble request to the Emperor that maybe a meeting can be organised between the representatives of his two realms to discuss matters of economic and civil cooperation within the Commonwealth. We would think that by keeping our ties close, his Majesty's subjects in both of his realms may profit an all his lands below the Heavens will flourish.

With our most humble regards,

Omura Junichi,

Prime Minister of Dai-Tōhoku

To Prime Minister Omura:

You may have an audience with the Imperial Court in the Winter Palace at Qingyuan.  I will also instruct the Prime Minister of the Empire to be in attendance. Please come at your earliest convinience along with a draft of agenda items which you wish to discuss.

Warm Regards,

Wei Hai, Chancellor and Grand Secretary of the Empire

To the Grand Secretary of the Empire,

What we seek to adress in our audiance will be the items of economic cooperation within the Commonwealth, to preserve the large integrated economy of the Commonwealth and possibly rights of free movement within the Commonwealth for Commonwealth citizens. Of course, we will be open for any additional points on the agenda which the Imperial side wants to discuss with us.

Our delegation is going to be leaving Sendai for Qingyuan in three days. We thank you for this audience and hope a constructive dialogue will lead to greater prosperity and friendship throughout the commonwealth beneath the heavens.

With our most grateful regards,

Omura Junichi,

Prime Minister of Dai-Tōhoku

The three days would be used for preparations and a delegation, consisting out of Prime Minister Omura Junichi, his secretary Kato Ryosuke and Deputy Prime Minister Date Seiranko. The three would fly from Sendai to Guangzhou, and travel from there to Qingyuan. Unlike in the first meeting, this time Omura and Date would both wear suits, though Omura would still use his cane to walk around. Secretary Kato would mostly assist Omura and carry the paperwork.