GOONS DoLoDoW

Sardonic

It's alright, Chax. He was one of the clowns responsible for the final nail in the coffin and what drove me to leave in the first place. I'm well aware of my past, having been a crucial part of it, no less. But regardless of what people thought of that alliance then or now, that I and Chief were the only ones taken seriously while we were there ought to give you an idea of why I'm in the position I am today and why most of the former members are not.

Nice revision of history; I'm sure it had nothing to do with you hyperventilating in our government channel, confessing you'd set up the alliance under false pretenses, and then promptly ditched AA and surrendered. Furthermore, my greatest mistake was backing your leadership, play by play, instead of simply taking over as we discussed. (OOC: I had a little thing called a deployment to Afghanistan at that time, so I was kinda busy.) Remember, Caliph and the others resigned because of OUR policies, including our declaration on NPO (the incident that made you have your little panic attack, remember? "I was never a member of \m/, I lied, this was a terrible idea, the sky is falling, etc, etc.) So if I was the final nail in the coffin, it was because I supported you in my position as the moral voice of \m/ (And you were happy enough for me to fulfill that role before your little incident).

You showed a coward and betrayed our faith and special trust in you. That doesn't simply disappear with the passage of time. I'll continue to remind you, from time to time, whenever it provides entertaining or enlightening.

You may have position and prestige now; may it be a cold comfort to you. But you're aught but a sunshine patriot and a painted, paper tiger; given a strong wind and rain, you'll wash away and crumble with the best of them. In the coming nuclear zombie apocalypse wasteland, when it's just me, zombie Lamuella, and the irradiated critters running around, I look forward to telling that brain eating worthy "Lam, I told you Marx would show yellow. Now stop trying to gnaw on my leg."

Edit: OOC: You left because you got scared for your pixels/scared of the consequences of us bandwagoning against NPO on the side of GOONS; mostly because the GOONS made fun of you/us for declaring. The day you own up to your bad behavior and you apologize to the people you wronged, I'll drop it. Until then, I'll continue to remind you that you shit your pants and ran yellow on us the moment the pressure was on.

Edited by Margrave

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice revision of history; I'm sure it had nothing to do with you hyperventilating in our government channel, confessing you'd set up the alliance under false pretenses, and then promptly ditched AA and surrendered. Furthermore, my greatest mistake was backing your leadership, play by play, instead of simply taking over as we discussed. (OOC: I had a little thing called a deployment to Afghanistan at that time, so I was kinda busy.) Remember, Caliph and the others resigned because of OUR policies, including our declaration on NPO (the incident that made you have your little panic attack, remember? "I was never a member of \m/, I lied, this was a terrible idea, the sky is falling, etc, etc.) So if I was the final nail in the coffin, it was because I supported you in my position as the moral voice of \m/ (And you were happy enough for me to fulfill that role before your little incident).

You showed a coward and betrayed our faith and special trust in you. That doesn't simply disappear with the passage of time. I'll continue to remind you, from time to time, whenever it provides entertaining or enlightening.

You may have position and prestige now; may it be a cold comfort to you. But you're aught but a sunshine patriot and a painted, paper tiger; given a strong wind and rain, you'll wash away and crumble with the best of them. In the coming nuclear zombie apocalypse wasteland, when it's just me, zombie Lamuella, and the irradiated critters running around, I look forward to telling that brain eating worthy "Lam, I told you Marx would show yellow. Now stop trying to gnaw on my leg."

Edit: OOC: You left because you got scared for your pixels/scared of the consequences of us bandwagoning against NPO on the side of GOONS; mostly because the GOONS made fun of you/us for declaring. The day you own up to your bad behavior and you apologize to the people you wronged, I'll drop it. Until then, I'll continue to remind you that you shit your pants and ran yellow on us the moment the pressure was on.

I don't think you know what the term 'pixels' means if you think Marx had enough to be scared of losing them.

You talk a lot. And still no one cares. Go fight Kaskus and stop making terrible posts.

You talk a lot. And still no one cares. Go fight Kaskus and stop making terrible posts.

You cared enough to post, didn't you?

It's also interesting to note that none of you debate the veracity of the message; you just label the content as terrible. Well, I suppose I would stuff my fingers in my ears if someone told me one of my friends were cowards, but in this case, I hope I'd have the sense to come out of the rain.

But hey, why learn by advice when experience is such a great teacher, am I right?

On another note: 'Fraid no one in Kaskus or in SRA wants to play, so here I sit, bored and snickering at Marx's hollow grand-standing.

You cared enough to post, didn't you?

It's also interesting to note that none of you debate the veracity of the message; you just label the content as terrible. Well, I suppose I would stuff my fingers in my ears if someone told me one of my friends were cowards, but in this case, I hope I'd have the sense to come out of the rain.

But hey, why learn by advice when experience is such a great teacher, am I right?

On another note: 'Fraid no one in Kaskus or in SRA wants to play, so here I sit, bored and snickering at Marx's hollow grand-standing.

The reason no one cares is because your content has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Although I doubt anyone would care if it did have to do with the content at hand.

Yeah we basically judge Marx by what he has done for GOONS. Which is a hell of a lot, so I could care less about your previous grudges. Now go away and fight Kaskus.

Well, that's just like, your opinion man.

There ain't no Kaskus to fight, and Marx shouldn't dish out comments like the one I quoted him for if he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to get one thrown at him. Also, I don't like, work for you man, so I'll do what I want, please and thanks. Feel free to continue to make acrimonious comments about my irrelevence or my intelligence; I'll continue to hammer the point until I'm sufficiently bored or a Kaskus/TOP slot opens up.

Edited because I messed up the Dude's most famous quote. Pardon while I go flaggalate myself in shame.

Edited by Margrave

There ain't no Kaskus to fight, and Marx shouldn't dish out comments like the one I quoted him for if he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to get one thrown at him. Also, I don't like, work for you man, so I'll do what I want, please and thanks. Feel free to continue to make acrimonious comments about my irrelevence or my intelligence; I'll continue to hammer the point until I'm sufficiently bored or a Kaskus/TOP slot opens up.

Edited because I messed up the Dude's most famous quote. Pardon while I go flaggalate myself in shame.

You keep hammering away, I'll let you know when you actually hit the nail on the head.

Edited by Tick1

ironicat.gif

This is a pretty good post man, just not in the way you think.

You keep hammering away, I'll let you know when you actually hit the nail on the head.

Hey, look, some non-butthurt banter. Bravo.

I'm not feeling particularly smarmy at the moment, Tick, you caught me at a bad time. Don't worry, I'll edit in a quip here later and then lie vicariously that I always had a witty response in the first place.

Hey, look, some non-butthurt banter. Bravo.

I'm not feeling particularly smarmy at the moment, Tick, you caught me at a bad time. Don't worry, I'll edit in a quip here later and then lie vicariously that I always had a witty response in the first place.

Cool, you have a huge vocabulary of words like 'smarmy', 'vicariously' and quip. I'm sorry I don't feel like letting people know I edited 'actually' because I was in a rush and typed 'actual'. Also all my banter is always butt-hurt free, even in private.

Cool, you have a huge vocabulary of words like 'smarmy', 'vicariously' and quip. I'm sorry I don't feel like letting people know I edited 'actually' because I was in a rush and typed 'actual'. Also all my banter is always butt-hurt free, even in private.

Let me translate this for the people at home: "Hey, I'm trying to insinuate something negative about you based on your vocabulary. Now, I think you were insulting me, so I'm going to be defensive. Oh and yeah bro, I'm never butthurt. Totally."

Seriously, you're going to try and insult someone based on how good they write and spell? How foolish does that make you look?

Jesus Christ shut up and stop derailing the thread.

Reading comprehension, it's a useful tool. To wit:

Also, I don't like, work for you man, so I'll do what I want, please and thanks.

Besides, I'm waiting for Marx to step up to the plate and actually show some of that supposed toughness he magically grew when he ran away to GOONS. So far all that's happened is that he's trying to talk past me and you're white knighting for him.  Which is admirable, if completely misguided. Anyway, didn't the mother's of your nation ever teach your political leaders to say please and thank you? Really, international diplomacy has fallen farther and farther recently.

Reading comprehension, it's a useful tool. To wit:

Besides, I'm waiting for Marx to step up to the plate and actually show some of that supposed toughness he magically grew when he ran away to GOONS. So far all that's happened is that he's trying to talk past me and you're white knighting for him.  Which is admirable, if completely misguided. Anyway, didn't the mother's of your nation ever teach your political leaders to say please and thank you? Really, international diplomacy has fallen farther and farther recently.

Holy crap, not only will you not shut up but your nation is so terrible I can't even declare on you.

Holy crap, not only will you not shut up but your nation is so terrible I can't even declare on you.

I'm sure you've got a minion in my range. Also, what part of "I don't work for you" was not making it into your brain housing group? I'll talk where I want, as much as I want, for as long as I want, and there's really nothing you can do to stop me.

I mean, you could always ask nicely, but I doubt that's going to happen.

I'm sure you've got a minion in my range. Also, what part of "I don't work for you" was not making it into your brain housing group? I'll talk where I want, as much as I want, for as long as I want, and there's really nothing you can do to stop me.

I mean, you could always ask nicely, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Oh there's a few things I could do.

The in depth digression into Emperor Marx's personal history has served to derail the topic from the present conflict, and GOONS role within it. Likewise excessive analysis of a posters quality contributes little if nothing to discussion. Both strains of discourse should cease at this time- consider yourselves warned.