A Kaskus Declaration of War

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your stupidity is both astounding with how massive it is, especially considering that simply ONE of our allies is involved in this conflict. I will enjoy watching your alliance burn into flames once more, and I'll make sure that the flames burn harder than it was last time.

Yay a new front :P

I disagree.  This seems like a conflict completely unrelated to the global war currently blooming.

Not all their allies are occupied.

And they should not occupy themselves with this.  Shangri-La piled on last time, with a bit of "do something about it swagger".    Looks like Kaskus did, only they are not at 12k NS this time. Two evenly matched foes both asked for this, in their own way, and we should let them have what they asked for.  Two micros in the octagon. 

And they should not occupy themselves with this.  Shangri-La piled on last time, with a bit of "do something about it swagger".    Looks like Kaskus did, only they are not at 12k NS this time. Two evenly matched foes both asked for this, in their own way, and we should let them have what they asked for.  Two micros in the octagon.

Why don't you give them a hand if you're so concerned.

I disagree.  This seems like a conflict completely unrelated to the global war currently blooming.

I can't believe you linked 'do something about it swagger' to one of the most logical posts Hereno has already made.

By all means, go aid your Kaskus if SL's allies jumps in. The less people reinforcing stupid ideals the better.

I mean seriously, this is just really pushing the limits of what does and does not make sense.

This DoW starts with "might doesn't make right" but then proceeds to reinforce that might does in fact make right. Interesting...

Love Tom Waits.  I would say this is might getting even.  Or at least trying to.  Pretty even match-up.

Your stupidity is both astounding with how massive it is, especially considering that simply ONE of our allies is involved in this conflict. I will enjoy watching your alliance burn into flames once more, and I'll make sure that the flames burn harder than it was last time.

We're a half-hour into this thing and you're already shouting out to your allies?  You were all too eager to jump on them with NSO and NPO beside you.  Slap that man card on the table and show them again.

At least get them to that classic ankle-biting phase first.

Why don't you give them a hand if you're so concerned.

I'm not concerned -- two evenly matched micros, with honor at stake?  It would be an insult to both of them, I would think.  

Love Tom Waits.  I would say this is might getting even.  Or at least trying to.  Pretty even match-up.

We're a half-hour into this thing and you're already shouting out to your allies?  You were all too eager to jump on them with NSO and NPO beside you.  Slap that man card on the table and show them again.

At least get them to that classic ankle-biting phase first.

I'm not concerned -- two evenly matched micros, with honor at stake?  It would be an insult to both of them, I would think.

Oh shut up.

Nobody cares about ~honor~. Kaskus just needs to get stomped.

Kaskusalt-1.png

Declaration of War

During our last war, we felt as though we were unjustly treated by quite a few parties, many aid bombed NSO but chided our allies once they did the same. They tried to reinforce the age old adage, might makes right. Well no it does not. It is not right to attack a protectorate of an alliance that is at war. It is not right to aid bomb those at war and then taunt the unaided party with statements such as "Do something about it."

Well we couldn't at the time because we were at war with NSO and NPO. But now we can, and now we will. I am sorry your allies are occupied and can't show us why you do not need a WRC. Now you may understand how our protectorate felt.

Therefore, without further ado, Kaskus declares war upon ShangriLa for aiding NSO during our last conflict.

/s/

Black Orchid, President

CollegeKid13, Vice President

Unknown Smurf, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Lord Bitburg HMFICOS Head Mother Fucker In Charge of Shit

Baby Fark McGeezAx, Savior of Collegekid

KenoCore, Señor Hardcore

GantanX, Casualty King

Drizz - Lord of Bunny Reproduction

Oh crap, This DoW is for honorable reasons.  Quick, get the spin-o-meter going, quick!

Oh crap, This DoW is for honorable reasons.  Quick, get the spin-o-meter going, quick!

Speaking of the spin-o-meter, you've given us an excellent example of the STRAW MAN argument here (or "The Aunt Sally", as they say in those countries where they speak of "honour").  Simply put, you ascribe an argument to me that I didn't make, usually one that is indefensible, and argue against that, as if it were my point.

That DoW is not about honor.  It is completely about revenge, and seems to be a pretty valid CB: a while back, after Kaskus had been at war for a month or so, Shangri-La piled on top of them.  ("Piled-on" is a loaded term, but after all, Kaskus had some 12M in NS arrayed against them in NSO and NPO, and by the admission of NSO, NPO and Shangri-La, they weren't needed.  When you jump in on someone hopelessly outnumbered and you aren't needed, I think "piling on" is a fair assessment.  Notwithstanding that Kaskus brought the NSO NS upon themselves.)

Kaskus returns the favor now in a fair fight -- both alliances are similar size, with similar NS (which will be made more similar when Shangri-La fully militarizes).  It's easy to be tough when you're piling on -- but have you the stomach for a fair fight? Can you be as tough against an enemy that can fight back as you are against one that is outnumbered?  Who backs down from a fair fight when they think they are in the right and the only thing you're risking is infra? THAT is wear the honor comes in -- honor in the sense of pride, not an honorable reason for fighting (a rarity on Bob, particularly in grudge matches.)

Speaking of the spin-o-meter, you've given us an excellent example of the STRAW MAN argument here (or "The Aunt Sally", as they say in those countries where they speak of "honour").  Simply put, you ascribe an argument to me that I didn't make, usually one that is indefensible, and argue against that, as if it were my point.

That DoW is not about honor.  It is completely about revenge, and seems to be a pretty valid CB: a while back, after Kaskus had been at war for a month or so, Shangri-La piled on top of them.  ("Piled-on" is a loaded term, but after all, Kaskus had some 12M in NS arrayed against them in NSO and NPO, and by the admission of NSO, NPO and Shangri-La, they weren't needed.  When you jump in on someone hopelessly outnumbered and you aren't needed, I think "piling on" is a fair assessment.  Notwithstanding that Kaskus brought the NSO NS upon themselves.)

Kaskus returns the favor now in a fair fight -- both alliances are similar size, with similar NS (which will be made more similar when Shangri-La fully militarizes).  It's easy to be tough when you're piling on -- but have you the stomach for a fair fight? Can you be as tough against an enemy that can fight back as you are against one that is outnumbered?  Who backs down from a fair fight when they think they are in the right and the only thing you're risking is infra? THAT is wear the honor comes in -- honor in the sense of pride, not an honorable reason for fighting (a rarity on Bob, particularly in grudge matches.)

RIA has always stood by our allies, it's not a question of what's fair, we have given our word in writing (also known as a treaty) to defend Shangri-La should they come under attack, and that is exactly what we are doing.  Whether Kaskus's cause for war is just or unjust, evil or good, communist or fascist or ecoterrorist is irrelevant to us.  We come.

Also you are seriously discounting Kaskus' combat abilities, they are a formidable adversary, the 'giant killers', you are quite mistaken if you think this will be an easy romp for us or any alliance, Kaskus are demented guerrilla fighters who like nothing more than to face 10:1 odds.

Edited by Ogaden