""How soft your fields so green"

What is this, slander? Are you implying that the shining beacon of honor that is Valhalla, could ever do wrong against comrades and/or allies? they seem to be missing their knife though, but we will be sure to return it as soon as we find it.
Good show Val, good show.

In possibly related news, NG's been bitching about back pain.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, if they'd aligned elsewhere they'd have been guilty of the same, Rey.  You're only upset because they picked this side.

Being like the vast majority of alliances that have an ally that is acting in interests counter to your own.

Like holy shit that's FA101.

Either Choice Valhalla makes in this spot they get shit on by an ally. They were in a bad position and made a decision. One ally is pissed the other is happy. Oh look it's CN.

They honored an oA clause while their direct ally is being battered.

Not only that, but didn't chefjoe say something along the lines of NG being there just for protection? Something about not caring to fight for them?

Well not really, there's the M part of the treaty and the o part of the treaty. They have to honor the M (in this case they aren't), the o portion is completely at their choosing. Had the choice been between two binding treaties, then that would be a truly rough position requiring a hard decision.

This awesome little thing called a non-chaining clause makes your M an o.

This happens in every war. Somebody always has allies on both sides of the war. Most alliances honor the first MD treaty that is activated against alliances who dare to cross their allies, but you guys oA'd into this war allowing the dogs to be unleashed on us in the same night. We're feeling the love Valhalla.

WIC3.png

Valhalla declares war in support of her allies.

You're Welcome,
Levistus

this message posted from a secure peacemode location

Francoguard Thwarts attacks :P as you can see in the battle plan.... they get in and kicked back out.... party is over.

Edited by EddyH

Welcome to the party, Valhalla :)

This is very sad, that you would defend TOP and weaken IRON's position post war.

Wow, you screwed up at foreseeing how international politics would work after the last Global War, and are already working on screwing up at foreseeing how international politics will work after this one.

Please, stop the whinning. After years of macho posturing it doesn't fit your alliance.

Well not really, there's the M part of the treaty and the o part of the treaty. They have to honor the M (in this case they aren't), the o portion is completely at their choosing. Had the choice been between two binding treaties, then that would be a truly rough position requiring a hard decision.

Except the build-up to this war has been so complicated that matters aren't this simple.

We will likely be on opposite sides from Valhalla despite being allied, but I understand how did this happen having witnessed it. I would have preferred another outcome, sure, but it wasn't possible.
What is more important, Valhalla's intentions were clear to me from the beginning thanks to their leadership, so there's really little I can fault them for.

I'm interested to see NG condemning IRON as cowards but somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

Well I'm only a little old member so I wouldn't refer to me as NG herself. I normally wouldn't speak ill of "allies" but it's an insult to say Val are that anymore.