Non Grata Declaration of War

NG defended an ally that was attacked as they were expected to.  And did so in a way that caused the least discomfort to their other treaty partners.  Don't see what the big deal is and why'd they'd be criticized for that in the least.  My hats off to NG.  I'd expect no less from you.  And of course best of luck to our allies in TOP.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm coming back for one reason only: to remind those who were unaware what kind of person Steve Buscemi really is. 

Many years ago, a certain alliance somehow found out about an internal discussion we were having.  That discussion was not terribly aggressive but out of context it seemed so.  As I was fixing it (by showing him the ENTIRE discussion), their leader admitted to me that a member of TOP showed him tailored screenshots of that discussion.  I launched an investigation--all signs pointed to Steve Buscemi.  He even appeared to be a part of them.  But there was not proof, so I let it go.

At the eve of war, with TOP at the head of the Coincidence Coalition--Steve Buscemi entered peace mode against orders.  No explanation was given.   But he was a quiet member, so I let it go.
When we were caught unaware and trapped by our enemies during the BiPolar war, Steve lashed out at Crymson, and jumped ship, and joined the other side.  I resolved not to let that go.

Want to talk about grudges?  Steve Buscemi was a traitor to us.  But TOP did not hold a personal grudge against Steve for one reason: those who knew held our tongues.  You were not worth the cost.

But we never forgot. 

And now no one else will, either.  Thanks for handing this opportunity to us. 

That is realpolitik.

Edited by Kiss Goodbye

I'm coming back for one reason only: to remind those who were unaware what kind of person Steve Buscemi really is. 

Many years ago, a certain alliance somehow found out about an internal discussion we were having.  That discussion was not terribly aggressive but out of context it seemed so.  As I was fixing it (by showing him the ENTIRE discussion), their leader admitted to me that a member of TOP showed him tailored screenshots of that discussion.  I launched an investigation--all signs pointed to Steve Buscemi.  He even appeared to be a part of them.  But there was not proof, so I let it go.

At the eve of war, with TOP at the head of the Coincidence Coalition--Steve Buscemi entered peace mode against orders.  No explanation was given.   But he was a quiet member, so I let it go.
When we were caught unaware and trapped by our enemies during the BiPolar war, Steve lashed out at Crymson, and jumped ship, and joined the other side.  I resolved not to let that go.

It was actually Unclebryan who jumped to the other side during Bipolar; Steve, however, was only one step below that, having knowingly quit TOP on the eve of that war to join the opposition. All the rest of what you've said about Steve is true; and you've forgotten that he also copied our warchest list before he left, gave it to his new alliance, and posted segments of it in public.

Edited by Crymson

Honorable move. o/ NG
Good luck and have fun!

I suppose there are maybe 2 types of shit in a DoW, the political stuff, and the kind of shit where you post a DoW but never fight the war.  I'll take the political shit a hundred times over the mealymouthed shit.

The most impressive kind is when you're afraid to post a DoW, wait until peace is coming, hit a couple nations just before said peace, then complain about lack of fighting because of the peace you were desperately rushing for to begin with got declared. Those are precious.

Want to talk about grudges?  Steve Buscemi was a traitor to us.  But TOP did not hold a personal grudge against Steve for one reason: those who knew held our tongues.  You were not worth the cost.

But we never forgot. 

That is realpolitik.

Maybe it's because most of this (+what Crymson said) sounds familiar, but I don't think this post is quite as devestating as you think it is. I mean, don't get me wrong, the stuff is bad, but self-interest is a powerful motivator of opinion and I don't think what you said is strong enough to override that. Anyone pro-Steve is probably going to stay that way and anyone anti-Steve was already there.

I have "Oh you asshole" stories about quite a lot of people that I never bother sharing because unless you're personally the aggrieved party, none of them are really bad enough for anyone to care. Some people will probably find it funny, in fact, depending on which side they're predisposed to liking initially.

Also hi, how've you been? Edited by Delta1212

But we never forgot. 

That is realpolitik.

Steve you lashed out at that nice guy Crymson? How could you? You are not my mate, your are no longer my fellow DJ.

The best thing about this post is that while trying to attack Steve for stabbing you in the back, you elaborate that rather than confront Steve you have been simply waiting for an opportunity to return the favour. In doing so you abandon your moral high ground and all you're really saying is that TOP is opportunistic and deceitful.

Everybody already knew that but thanks for the memo.

Steve you lashed out at that nice guy Crymson? How could you? You are not my mate, your are no longer my fellow DJ.

The best thing about this post is that while trying to attack Steve for stabbing you in the back, you elaborate that rather than confront Steve you have been simply waiting for an opportunity to return the favour. In doing so you abandon your moral high ground and all you're really saying is that TOP is opportunistic and deceitful.

Everybody already knew that but thanks for the memo.

Actually, he's simply voicing frustration at someone he believes to be of extremely low character. During my tenure in TOP there has only been a handful of members who have deserted our alliance pre-war (much less copied war chest info and gave it to ithers). As such, the ones who do are remembered and not forgotten by some.

Is it enough to start a war over? No. That's petty and stupid. Did many of us point the persons behavior on the OWF for many years or on our forums when they venture back? Yes.

Being call decietful by the likes of you is amusing. We are open about our intentions. If we don't like you, we let you know. I doubt many would challenge this. We are huge advocates of playing the political game. No one will challenge that notion aswell. Like Steve, many people believe you to be a piece of trash (I'm one of them) and we are upfront with our feelings, as you know. There is no deceitfulness here, regardless of the narrative you are trying to sell. Edited by Feanor Noldorin

And threw the alliance I started under the bus in the process, without consultation, and then left for greener pastures as soon as it became clear your schemes were too clever by half. They would've been far better fighting and losing a war than letting you rule.

I'm Princeps, BTW. And I have no idea why such a fine alliance would take you in after that, or why you're basically bragging about your incompetence on OWF.

Anyway, I won't hijack this thread further. Have fun, NG and TOP.

Oh shit. Hey Princeps.