New Polar Order Declaration of War

Dajobo

I'm mostly just quoting this so you can't edit it out later. Hooooly shit.

Why? Pacifica is also my old alliance, and they should sit this out too. I would hope all of NSO's allies would agree with polar in light of your conduct, but if they intervene, then they have chosen to act against the interests of global stability.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Pacifica is also my old alliance, and they should sit this out too. I would hope all of NSO's allies would agree with polar in light of your conduct, but if they intervene, then they have chosen to act against the interests of global stability.

NSO members should also conscientiously object to this war too, Polar is definitely in the right for using 5 month old conversations of "roll Polar" (god how many CBs have we given VE?).

All Sith must abandon ship! Especially founders who can find wisdoms in the old Junkalunka The Great! Smite thee to those who have insulted him so!

NSO members should also conscientiously object to this war too, Polar is definitely in the right for using 5 month old conversations of "roll Polar" (god how many CBs have we given VE?).

All Sith must abandon ship! Especially founders who can find wisdoms in the old Junkalunka The Great! Smite thee to those who have insulted him so!

May the fail be with you.

The fact that there were never "orders" makes it even worse, actually. Do I really need to ask an NPL member to verify? I'd hate to have to talk to one not named Avakael or Turp, but I can if needed. There was mass peace mode usage over 35k NS or so.

The horror!  The horror!

I, with absolutely no respect, and little courtesy, ask you not to foul the souls of NPL with your dribble.

The fact that there were never "orders" makes it even worse, actually. Do I really need to ask an NPL member to verify? I'd hate to have to talk to one not named Avakael or Turp, but I can if needed. There was mass peace mode usage over 35k NS or so.

Or maybe it was the fact that we were dogpiled so badly - a couple dozen AAs were on us at once - anyone above 10k NS found themselves six armed and sent to sub10k NS within a couple of rounds? For a very long time we held the most defensive wars "award" because of it.

Going from pre-war stats, the percentage of people who went into peace mode in any give NS range was equal across the board; there was no mass upper peace mode usage. There was no mass peace mode usage period. What people witnessed wasn't active members hiding, it was active members being sent to a fraction of their original NS.

But GOONS survived. In fact, we actually were able to turn around the sub-10k NS war. Granted, that's super crap tier, and insignificant to almost everyone, but considering we were able to turn any of it around, especially to the point that our opponents had to coordinate another concentrated attempt at breaking us, is a miracle. As far as "NPL verifying," I'll point to the leaked logs that the coordinated strike was an attempt to help NPL.

When you say GOONS attempted to use mass peace mode tactics during that war - whether de jure or de facto- you are unequivocally wrong.

Now here's the funny thing: I'm not decrying peace mode tactics, or claiming GOONS has never used them. GOONS, in fact, used mass PM tactics during the Dave War.

Edited by Ameroca

I feel like Fark was a bit over the top, should have been NpO/TOP vs. NSO. Oh well. As much as I love NSO, this is a pretty "solid" CB, in the sense that we don't really get any better than this anymore. Good luck to my comrades on all sides, and enjoy the fun. 

*On a similar note, NpO and their allies have in this very announcement claimed that we are bungling idiots and a collection of the most dangerous minds on the planet. Do let me know when you've made up your mind.

And entertainingly enough, Magicninja is stretching so hard to try and make us look bad that he's arguing that NSO isn't competent enough to execute a war against us.

I feel like Fark was a bit over the top, should have been NpO/TOP vs. NSO. Oh well. As much as I love NSO, this is a pretty "solid" CB, in the sense that we don't really get any better than this anymore. Good luck to my comrades on all sides, and enjoy the fun. 

Yeah, you try telling those Farkers they can't hit NSO. <_<

don't pretend like we can do better.

Oh boy, global stability, is it? I keep trying to write a proper reply to this guy, but I constantly find myself deleting the word "idiot". I'm glad we've got proper allies like the NPO who will stick to their treaty ties.

The majority does not want global stability... if that were the case there'd be far more neutrals and treaty would be unneccessary.

Arguments like Tywin's get under my skin... Agreeing with or supporting a CB as little to do with honoring a treaty. If you don't like what your ally did to get you in war, deal with it after the green stuff stops flying. Some will make the point of following either the word or the spirit of a treaty and there is some merit to that, but in most cases one should be following the letter and dealing with the fallout after the shindig is over.

My 2c anyway.

Besides.. Sith are the bad guys.  :ph34r:

And entertainingly enough, Magicninja is stretching so hard to try and make us look bad that he's arguing that NSO isn't competent enough to execute a war against us.

To be fair, how competent can an alliance be if they let me into a gov position?

That's rhetorical, btw. :(

The majority does not want global stability... if that were the case there'd be far more neutrals and treaty would be unneccessary.

Arguments like Tywin's get under my skin... Agreeing with or supporting a CB as little to do with honoring a treaty. If you don't like what your ally did to get you in war, deal with it after the green stuff stops flying. Some will make the point of following either the word or the spirit of a treaty and there is some merit to that, but in most cases one should be following the letter and dealing with the fallout after the shindig is over.

My 2c anyway.

Besides.. Sith are the bad guys.  :ph34r:

I'm really glad to see you around making intelligent posts and stuff. You should get over into your embassy on our forums!

To be fair, how competent can an alliance be if they let me into a gov position?

That's rhetorical, btw. :(

I'm really glad to see you around making intelligent posts and stuff. You should get over into your embassy on our forums!

I'll get there.. still getting my bearings. You know I was terrible at visiting... natural-born hermit and all.

Or maybe it was the fact that we were dogpiled so badly - a couple dozen AAs were on us at once - anyone above 1

Which war are you talking about?  There are no DoW's against GOONS listed in the Grudge War wiki, none in the NPL-GOONS war, none in the Fark-NPO War.  If you're talking about the DH-NPO War, far from "a couple dozen" AAs declared war on you, just 13, and of those 6 were micros, and all of them were under attack from various DH Allies.  In the EQ War only 7 alliances declared war on you, though the all-for-one policy admittedly makes it impossible to know how many AAs had a nation here or there attack you, which is, again, a far cry from "surviving" a gazillion AAs.

EQ. We had far more AAs attacking us than ever made formal declarations. And at least one made denial after denial of attacking us on the OWF while engaging us inworld.

ETA: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/115873-eq-coalition-stages-another-intervention-because-we-care/?p=3110778

At that point I made that post, we were at 21, excluding joke alliances or rogues.

ETAx2: and here's the list of those 21 alliances: AI, NADC, RIA, NPO, LoSS, NPL, FAN, GO, Sengoku, MCXA, NATO, TTK, Legion, GOD, DB4D, Fark, RnR, Zulu, Sparta, CCC, CRAP

Edited by Ameroca

Poor imperialists imagine they may absorb another empire. Pure wishful thinking, but normal.

Actually plotting against your brothers? Forming an alliance to do it?

A step too far. And you had to have known it at the time.

May justice prevail.

Poor imperialists imagine they may absorb another empire. Pure wishful thinking, but normal.

Actually plotting against your brothers? Forming an alliance to do it?

A step too far. And you had to have known it at the time.

May justice prevail.

What..... What does this even mean?

*On a similar note, NpO and their allies have in this very announcement claimed that we are bungling idiots and a collection of the most dangerous minds on the planet. Do let me know when you've made up your mind.

I think Doctor Strangelove is perhaps one of the best illustrations of why these are not necessarily mutually exclusive concepts.