Help After War

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You are a very aggressive nation/player"

On that note, I must agree and say, a nation your size shouldn't be so aggressive.
At your size, you should really try to avoid war as much as you can. Your only focus should be selling tech and growing. Start some wars when you have about 3 or 4k infra (minimum) and a bit more weight to bargain with.
Or, join a real AA that can actually teach you all the mechanics, equations and best tactics. I think all new nations deserve to start in an established alliance for the sake of learning. And its perfectly OK to admit you dont know it all. Ive played for years and I still have to use guides for certain things. I have to read the tech buying formula from 1-100 every time. I still have to use our growth guide in TE. 
Theres really ALOT of stuff to learn about this game. Took me at least a year to actually know WTF I was really doing.
Its OK to be a noob. As long as you embrace it, you too, will be embraced. :)

"You are a very aggressive nation/player"

On that note, I must agree and say, a nation your size shouldn't be so aggressive.
At your size, you should really try to avoid war as much as you can. Your only focus should be selling tech and growing. Start some wars when you have about 3 or 4k infra (minimum) and a bit more weight to bargain with.
Or, join a real AA that can actually teach you all the mechanics, equations and best tactics. I think all new nations deserve to start in an established alliance for the sake of learning. And its perfectly OK to admit you dont know it all. Ive played for years and I still have to use guides for certain things. I have to read the tech buying formula from 1-100 every time. I still have to use our growth guide in TE. 
Theres really ALOT of stuff to learn about this game. Took me at least a year to actually know WTF I was really doing.
Its OK to be a noob. As long as you embrace it, you too, will be embraced. :)

This.  This this this.  CyberNations has lots of ins and outs and subtleties that are just not apparent and so easy to miss that without learning from people who already know, you're gonna miss them.  Also, looking at how Pacifica's been manhandling you, I would say TE might be a good place to go to learn how to fight a war.  You won't be protecting anyone at this rate (looks to me like you need protection, mostly from yourself), and you won't be helping anyone after war financially unless you have money.  I've been here a year and while I've got a pretty good idea on a lot of things, there's simply too much to do it on your own.  Everyone's a noob at some point.

And you know what; why isn't there a way for people like this guy learning without being forced to choose between an array of Alliances they know nothing about? That in my mind, is a key reason why these people crop up now and then and one of the many factors which has cruelled the interest of those seeking to create a nation for themselves.

The current paradigm leads to many nations unwittingly ending up in terrible Alliances and expects far more of new nations than we really should. If more established alliances than my own are unwilling to tackle this problem, then it seems the onus  shall pass on to those that actually remember what it is like to be a new nation leader struggling to comprehend an environment so engulfed in historical BS that it can hardly see its way into the future.

Edited by RevolutionaryRebel

And you know what; why isn't there a way for people like this guy learning without being forced to choose between an array of Alliances they know nothing about? That in my mind, is a key the reason why these people crop up now and then and one of the many factors which has cruelled the interest of those seeking to create a nation for themselves.

The current paradigm leads to many nations unwittingly ending up in terrible Alliances and expects far more of new nations than we really should. If more established alliances than my own are unwilling to tackle this problem, then it seems the onus  shall pass on to those that actually remember what it is like to be a new nation leader struggling to comprehend an environment so engulfed in historical BS that it can hardly see its way into the future.

I see what you're saying here, but if someone does not learn how the game is played (and I don't think anyone would deny that this is a detailed process), how the game politics work, and how to effectively manage an alliance, how can anyone be expected to change it?  Planet Bob is Planet Bob, and the history and culture is part of what makes it appealing and fascinating even if the history and culture can best be described as schizophrenic.  Furthermore, if you don't know anything about the existing alliances whether they're ancient or relatively recent, how can anyone be expected to compete with them?  You have to factor in the social climate in the game too - being able to form a stable trade circle that confers the bonuses you need, setting up fair tech deals where the new player doesn't get completely screwed, making friends so you don't find yourself hopelessly outmatched in a war or permanently tethered in peace mode.  In the end CyberNations requires you to play the long game - building a substantial warchest, developing wonders and infra at the right pace.  This is a game but it is not a simple one.  There are alliances that welcome newcomers immediately and give them opportunities to get involved quickly, but if you want your feet wet in something other than your own blood it's probably wise to get with the program because railing against it just gets people nowhere.

This.  This this this.  CyberNations has lots of ins and outs and subtleties that are just not apparent and so easy to miss that without learning from people who already know, you're gonna miss them.  Also, looking at how Pacifica's been manhandling you, I would say TE might be a good place to go to learn how to fight a war.  You won't be protecting anyone at this rate (looks to me like you need protection, mostly from yourself), and you won't be helping anyone after war financially unless you have money.  I've been here a year and while I've got a pretty good idea on a lot of things, there's simply too much to do it on your own.  Everyone's a noob at some point.

In the end it all really boils down to the mandatory "CN-101: Learning how to keep your mouth shut and be patient." class at Cybernations University (Location: Headcrab Road 2, Ravenholm; Disclaimer: Next semester starts in February, All sign-ups are on a non-refundable basis, 100 technology tuition fee, classes might involve just reading the entire CN board).

I'm quite certain that, [b]if[/b] he would just be willing to admit his defeat and promises to first learn about CN a bit, that a neutral alliance would let him in and teach him about the game mechanics. He clearly has enough energy to do a lot of things, but it's somewhat misdirected. He might have done well if he started playing when planet bob was just conceived.