TE Nation Boost

Just because you stay up for update doesn't mean it isn't killing the game. Blitzing at 1am is hurting the game, remove the midnight update and implement a capped war system with 12-24 hour cycles. Teamwork/coordination become more important than one good blitz, which is the real determining factor in wars right now anyways; wars are better if you don't anarchy the entire alliance the first night.

The whole point of increasing the barrier to larger nations is to artificially control the war ranges, closer nations are more competitive nations. The nation building gap is growing (again) and the barrier to new players is higher than ever. The solution is not more refine nation building guides but new complexity/hurdles in the system for the nation builders to optimize around. This is a cycle which needs to be repeated often. A hard cap in the warchest system prevents nations from 200+mil warchests and levels the playing field even more.

But, if you're not as concerned with growing the player base then let the differences between an experienced player and a rookie continue to grow and discourage them from playing further. Not even to bring up the damage gaming going on for the award that could use a good nerf/fixing.

Just because you stay up for update doesn't mean it isn't killing the game. Blitzing at 1am is hurting the game, remove the midnight update and implement a capped war system with 12-24 hour cycles. Teamwork/coordination become more important than one good blitz, which is the real determining factor in wars right now anyways; wars are better if you don't anarchy the entire alliance the first night.

The whole point of increasing the barrier to larger nations is to artificially control the war ranges, closer nations are more competitive nations. The nation building gap is growing (again) and the barrier to new players is higher than ever. The solution is not more refine nation building guides but new complexity/hurdles in the system for the nation builders to optimize around. This is a cycle which needs to be repeated often. A hard cap in the warchest system prevents nations from 200+mil warchests and levels the playing field even more.

But, if you're not as concerned with growing the player base then let the differences between an experienced player and a rookie continue to grow and discourage them from playing further. Not even to bring up the damage gaming going on for the award that could use a good nerf/fixing.

Honestly, the only thing I read from this post is :

"Still butthurt from your ONLY war of the round" 

Beside from that, Nations that donate to get outrageous warchest sizes such as 200M should have them. Its like the thought of a tech cap in SE, why should the system limit people that are spending their own money to have better nations. Everyone has the option to. But back to Warchest numbers here, I'm pretty sure 200M isn't hard to hit. I would have easily ran over that if I didn't go for casualties early, actually temp trade pre-SUN war or had the war against TFK, and I'm not nearly one of the best builders in TE. 

• 3 months later...

I think the idea of incentives for playing TE makes some sense and would definitely increase playing of TE, but IMO it wouldn't be quite as great to fill TE with lots of people who are only playing for the SE advantage and don't actually enjoy TE, either for them or for the people who do enjoy TE. Rewards based on play time would just lead to people logging in and collecting taxes every 10 days continually, rewards based on end-of-round nation size would lead to pretty much the same except even some people who like TE would want to avoid warring and some of them would get angry when attacked since it sets back their non-resetting SE nations. Rewards based on reaching a certain level of casualties or damage dealt makes more sense, although I'm still not sold on the idea of attracting tryhards aiming for a mechanical advantage it would at least cause them to try out TE, and some people might decide they like TE and stay on after achieving the minimum necessary for the reward.

Want more TE players? Remove the 1AM Eastern Update Time and make it a flat 12-24 hour cool down per attack. Put a hard cap on the amount of money a nation can have on hand at any given time and jack up the prices of infra beyond 3k so you stop getting such powerful nations and everyone is closer in range.

Consider those changes from a veteran player that quit once and plans on quitting again.

I like the idea of update changes. Update at a specific time gives a huge advantage to those living in certain places and/or with certain schedules (or who consider online games more important than sleep) over others, and even beyond that update attacks destabilize war a good deal. I'm not sure what a good system would be, a 12 hour cooldown sounds even worse than staying up to 1 am (would turn CN into Farmville with people waking up at 4 am so their blueberries don't die), a 24 hour cooldown would still be better but would still force people to get on at *exactly* the same time each day to avoid losing time.

I would say the ideal system would be... something where every player effectively has daily attacks regardless of where they live or what their schedule is (you log in and do one day of attacks, you log in at around the same time the next day- or at least within the same time range- and do another day of attacks). Perhaps this could be something like a 24 hour cooldown but with rounding, so that say time were sorted into slots of a certain number of hours, and if you attacked within one slot one day, the next day you could start attacking as early as the beginning of the same slot.

@ the warchest limit... speaking as someone who has always been utterly terrible at warchesting in TE and thus could only gain from a cap on the warchests of others, and also never gotten beyond 1.5k infra, I don't see much reason for those; as noted in TE everyone starts out on the same footing every 1-3 months and if you do badly it's because you're not good at TE, like I am (or because you warred a lot, which is another matter- if you said you wanted to cap warchests and make ramping-up or capped infra and tech to give people and incentive to spend their warchest on war, that would make sense, but it's still a very clunky mechanism for doing so).