A Response From The United States of Viridia

Goldie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically Grant lead the Army of the Tennessee, the Army of the Potomac and later the combined Grand Army of the Republic.

If you're going to make history jokes, do it right.

[OOC]

I don't believe Grant was ever officially in charge of the Army of the Potomac. Meade was. Also, I believe GAR was the veterans organization created after the war.

Grant's rank was General of the Army of the United States, which is more or less what Goldie had.[/OOC]

Edited by Austrailia

General Robert E. Leet lights up the finest tobacco south of the Mushlim Doomhouse line and grins

I do see that y'all have stepped up to meet us for this final march! A well met foe with cheek to boot! Let there be no mistake however. There will be no surrender, for these sun soaked hills will be spattered and stained with the treasonous Viridia blood ten times over before I draw my last breath! Then, and only then, will this conflict cease. 

There'll be no victors here. Only a few brave and blessed men getting their last rites for their just crusade against the leeches of society.

[General Tamerlane "Stonewall" Jackson stands from his rocking chair and raises his snifter of brandy]

Yes, Yes.. 

It is indeeeeed the case that the Entente is forever. They have preserved themselves as any good slave will do with her master, staying on two knees and keeping a firm grip. Cunning lingo has kept your beloved Veridia alive and well through. Evidence of it's successes can be seen as pale white stains upon it's green silk camisole. However, sooner or later time will take her toll on your pretty face and you will find yourselves yet again facing the backhand and boot of an unsatisfied master. 

Edited by tamerlane

Onwards, US of V. Whip them with cornstalks.

[OOC]

I don't believe Grant was ever officially in charge of the Army of the Potomac. Meade was. Also, I believe GAR was the veterans organization created after the war.

Grant's rank was General of the Army of the United States, which is more or less what Goldie had.[/OOC]

[OOC] Correct. Meade retained the Army of the Potomac after Gettysburg, when Lincoln put Grant above all forces with the rank of Lieutenant General, a position only held officially by Washington prior to Grant (Winfield Scott had it in a brevet commission, but never awarded the full rank). But Grant didn't get the rank of General of the Army of the United States until after the war, in 1866 (also the year the GAR was established), a position created to give him what amounted to a military dictatorship over the South during the occupation[/OOC]

General Robert E. Leet lights up the finest tobacco south of the Mushlim Doomhouse line and grins

I do see that y'all have stepped up to meet us for this final march! A well met foe with cheek to boot! Let there be no mistake however. There will be no surrender, for these sun soaked hills will be spattered and stained with the treasonous Viridia blood ten times over before I draw my last breath! Then, and only then, will this conflict cease. 

There'll be no victors here. Only a few brave and blessed men getting their last rites for their just crusade against the leeches of society.

That is your folly. You see, even if the hills get soaked ten times over, at some point in the future you will draw your last breath. The Entente will still be here, however, and stronger than we were before.

I don't get it...  Does this mean i get to fight somebody?

I await your battle reports SWD...find something to kill and kill it.

And lol at anyone who takes this step and then expects Goldie to be merciful or overly reasonable. We have...spoken before and he is a fierce as they come. Good luck VE.

EDIT: Nothing to kill SWD? That sucks to hear.

Edited by Rampage3