• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the request of my Dark Comrade:

We at the DBDC consider ourselves students of war and try to gain experience from every battle we fight, no matter the odds.  Tonight is no different.  We have observed the fervent nature with which GOP has staunchly defended its principles, and the way a perceived challenge to its future presented itself and was met head on.  DBDC have very clearly (to most) laid out the rules by which we plan to conduct ourselves.

Our sovereignty is under attack by nations from the alliances of The Phoenix Federation and NATO.  We have very carefully examined the causes and motivations behind the wars and have determined that the cycle of aggression by these alliances will not be tolerated.

DBDC hereby recognizes a state of hostilities with the alliances of TPF and NATO.

dbdc_zps02e7f96c.jpg

Good man. The Dark Taliban wishes you well during these hostile times.

Never mind, I dug up the answer: No you have not.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=116057
http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Equilibrium_War

Unless the Wiki doesn't list your surrender, because I certainly don't see one linked.

I have no problem if DBDC wants to be a Real AllianceTM instead of a bunch of rogues, but the privilege comes with some responsibilities.  Enjoy being at war with the whole world.

There's a de facto armistice in place. I'm sure if any of those alliances really wanted to continue the war they could do as such without summoning their entire team of e-lawyers. 

You let TPF and NATO know the consequences, they decided to call your bluff.

Trouble is, you weren't bluffing.

Best of luck with this :)

I don't know what gave you the impression that we thought they were bluffing, but you were wrong.

No R&R? Man we get all the fun :/

Edit: lol no Fark or IRON dow's either? What you think us and TPF will activate NPO and let you cherry pick the war you want?

Try harder :/

Edited by berbers

You let TPF and NATO know the consequences, they decided to call your bluff.

Trouble is, you weren't bluffing.

Best of luck with this :)

No, they accepted nations we were at war with, we chose to not be dictated to. Like 99% of AA's would do.

I'm not sure when it started being ok to do this, but if that's how the planet is going to evolve, well I'm game :D

No, they accepted nations we were at war with, we chose to not be dictated to. Like 99% of AA's would do.

I'm not sure when it started being ok to do this, but if that's how the planet is going to evolve, well I'm game :D

I'm going to assume you are over-exaggerating since 99% implies that there are only 1.57 other alliances excluding NATO and TPF that would not be dictated too.

TPF, NATO and others had no business to do with MQ besides taking a cheap shot on them, what they missed last war. You give them a fight before they quit, in exchange you get your revenge. You could have gone away with it.

Attacking nations on DBDC AA wasn't a bright idea, i really don't get why you couldn't let them peace out and let them delete/head to another alliance, none of them declared on you before you attacked them. Now before a long waited great war your nice plans will be ruined because your top tier will be gone, i'm not sure it's really worth to attack some nations who were fighting neutrals.

Attacking nations on DBDC AA wasn't a bright idea, i really don't get why you couldn't let them peace out and let them delete/head to another alliance, none of them declared on you before you attacked them. Now before a long waited great war your nice plans will be ruined because your top tier will be gone, i'm not sure it's really worth to attack some nations who were fighting neutrals.

I don't begrudge DBDC doing its thing and throwing its (rather ample) weight around, as we have come to expect. But I would note for the record that NATO declared one war alongside its ally in TPF on a DBDC nation which had attacked two Fark nations. Furthermore, NATO had no nice plans to be ruined :) Edited by Sir Humphrey

TPF, NATO and others had no business to do with MQ besides taking a cheap shot on them, what they missed last war. You give them a fight before they quit, in exchange you get your revenge. You could have gone away with it.

We picked our targets, when they were fair game, that they decided to hop onto other AA's is their business. Even if they legitimately joined another alliance let's say DBDC in this case, they're on our lists. Any alliance out there knows things like this can be resolved with a civil conversation in which will be made clear why someone is on a target list and how they can get removed from said list.

Cuba however chose to use threats. We didn't respond to being threatened by DH and their allies and anyone that thinks we will be threatened by DBDC is delusional. DBDC can either start up a civil dialogue to resolve the issues, or act on their threats. Either way is fine by me.

Although one could make the argument that MQ and DBDC had no business to do with TDO other than taking a cheap shot on them as well.

Looks like everyone who is playing in the sandbox got dirty, it is just odd that some of them are surprised as well.

Although one could make the argument that MQ and DBDC had no business to do with TDO other than taking a cheap shot on them as well.

Looks like everyone who is playing in the sandbox got dirty, it is just odd that some of them are surprised as well.

Yeah, but MQ and DBDC have no prior grudge against TDO.

I suppose ignorance really is bliss.

We're just not particularly concerned with DBDC. Why would we put those folks at risk when our only quarrel with you is that you accepted nations we were currently in conflict with?

If you're in for a quad, you might as well be in for the whole pound.

Heh, everyone involved in this is dirty. MQ/DBDC for hitting TDO. GOP/R&R/TPF/NATO/Fark/whoever the fuck else, for hitting without any treaties to TDO. So, basically everyone involved has gone against convention. Those in the neutral coalition bitching about members of MQ being accepted into DBDC and not getting civil discourse can honestly fuck off. I would hope that should MI6 get any member of MQ or DBDC, we would tell the rest of y'all to fuck off and leave them alone immediately as well. 

You don't get to cherry pick how you enter what is basically techraiding on all sides (except for TDO, the only legit victim here) and then claim some list. Fuck off. That is simply ridiculous and quite presumptuous in my opinion.