Let's play a game.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I correctly understood it, Kaskus will attack a random alliance in the next 24 days? If so, please choose STA, we're bored.

But we like you guys! 

Seriously though, we're going to have a list of all the alliances in a random order then have a third party pick a random number (third party who hasn't seen the list) and then go ham.

But we like you guys! 

Seriously though, we're going to have a list of all the alliances in a random order then have a third party pick a random number (third party who hasn't seen the list) and then go ham.

Our pixels are quivering in their servers!

Yes, got it was a joke. But if you did hit them, it would be the only time I would ever be jealous of them.

Oh I didn't mean you, apologies mate. Someone on IRC was bitching about how its not fair if we attack them (NSO) because we said it'd be random. Ironically that guy wasn't in NSO...

Anyways, as a hint here's a haiku.

I will not say who,
but he ate some dog poo poo

this is bad haiku

Oh I didn't mean you, apologies mate. Someone on IRC was bitching about how its not fair if we attack them (NSO) because we said it'd be random. Ironically that guy wasn't in NSO...

Anyways, as a hint here's a haiku.

I will not say who,
but he ate some dog poo poo

this is bad haiku

hahahahaha. Love the haiku mate.

But we like you guys! 

I am 100% against the procedure and there should be an anti-corruption and transparency monitoring procedure.

If you want us to make it absolutely random, then:

A) The list of all Alliances should be public.

B) The Alliances should be numbered in a list that goes from 0 to 99

C) If you have less than 99 Alliances in mind, then the numbers can be repeated. I.e,

1- NPO
2- NG

3- NSO
4- NPO
5- NG

6- NSO
7- NPO
etc...

D) The number of the chosen Alliance should NOT be chosen by another person, but it must come from the unpredictable world demographics:
http://www.cybernations.net/stats_demographics.asp

E) the last two digits of the "nations that couldn't take the heat." (on the X day of the attack) should be the number.

F) The list of the Alliances should be provided now, but you can exclude Alliances from the list. I.e,

1- NPO
2- NG

3- NSO
4- NPO
5- NG

6- NSO
7- NPO
etc...

G) If the last two digits of the number of the "nations that couldn't take the heat" matches an Alliance that was deleted from the list, then the chosen Alliance will be the one that has the next place in the list. i.e, if the number of "nations that couldn't take the heat" on the day of the attack is 537,703 and you have this list:

1- NPO
2- NG

3- NSO
4- NPO
5- NG

6- NSO
7- NPO

And the 03 Alliance has been excluded, then the chosen Alliance will be the one that has the number 04 (NPO in this example).

If you do not follow a procedure that assures that the selection will be REALLY random, then we will be 100% unable to trust in your chaotic and unpredictable nature.

...that sounds rather complicated. 

If we have 1 person with a list of alliances and another person pick a random number, how can that be cheated?

Sorry probability or whatever this is isn't my strong suit.

Well....
it's obvious that nobody is going to believe that it was REALLY random unless you follow this procedure in which it is 100% impossible to
"cheat" and none of the people involved may cheat in any possible way (and there is no way to influece the results).

If you are too lazy as to make the numbered list from 0 to 99, just post the ALL the Alliances you have in mind and I'll make the list... and you can paste it in the OP.

I also suggested using the "nations that couldn't take the heat" number because it's the demographical number that can't be influenced (unless people decides to delete to influence it, but it's not going to happen).

Wait a second. Are you subliminally telling me to attack NPO, NG, or NSO?

No, I used them as examples because I don't like them...

BUT I'm giving you a procedure that is 100% tested against any kind of "external influences" and that does not allow any kind of "cheating"... a procedure that you can't control (and that I can't control either), thus making it 100% random and it will be IMPOSSIBLE for ANYONE to discuss that the result was absolutely random.

I’m not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are. So, when I say anything I've done to you was nothing personal, you know that I’m telling the truth. It’s the schemers that put you where you are. You may have been going along with a schemer, who had plans, and look where that got you. At best a second rate position in a world where you have no real control over your own destiny.

However you play this, it's going to be personal. You can't change that. The fact that you actually do pick an alliance in a random "fair" way and that YOU think that as a result it is nothing personal makes no difference. You can not control how the nation leaders of the alliance Kaskus attacks view the situation. From their point of view, it is personal and Kaskus is entirely to blame. If you don't care about making an enemy of whatever random alliance happens to win this lottery, happy hunting.

I love the OP.

IMO, the flaw in your game is that it is too random and therefore gives the public the feeling of safety through anonymity. I'd suggest cutting down the potential hit list to no more than 20 alliances who would actually feel threatened by Kaskus and of course name the alliances on that list.  

Couldn't you just.. y'know, use the "all alliances" list and random.org to pick a number? Some people make things so complicated.

That procedure MAY cause some cheating, whilst I offered the procedure than Unknown Smurf will follow to show everyone that the attack was 100% random.

Couldn't you just.. y'know, use the "all alliances" list and random.org to pick a number? Some people make things so complicated.

The problem would be that random.org does not allow anyone else to see the number drawn. It is possible they could cheat by reloading until they get the number they want, or just pick the alliance they want to attack and pretend that there was a random draw made.

A quick google found another service that does allow third parties to see the number drawn: https://defuse.ca/trustedthirdparty.htm As long as the alliance list is made public before the draw, this should prevent any possibility of cheating. Assuming the intention is actually to choose an alliance at random.

Edited by corazon

The problem would be that random.org does not allow anyone else to see the number drawn. It is possible they could cheat by reloading until they get the number they want, or just pick the alliance they want to attack and pretend that there was a random draw made.

A quick google found another service that does allow third parties to see the number drawn: https://defuse.ca/trustedthirdparty.htm As long as the alliance list is made public before the draw, this should prevent any possibility of cheating. Assuming the intention is actually to choose an alliance at random.

My system of using the last two digits of the "Nations that couldn't take the heat" is PERFECT and there is 0% chance of cheating, thus it is the procedure that Unknown Smurf HAS to follow.

My system of using the last two digits of the "Nations that couldn't take the heat" is PERFECT and there is 0% chance of cheating, thus it is the procedure that Unknown Smurf HAS to follow.

Please continue to tell me what I HAVE to do and then wonder why your alliance has been rolled more times then any other. 

Please continue to tell me what I HAVE to do and then wonder why your alliance has been rolled more times then any other. 

I am providing you a system that won't let people tell that you are a fake and, thus improving the chaotic nature of your attack.

So you should be saying "Thank you".

My Alliance is doing well.... thanks for asking.

I love the OP.

IMO, the flaw in your game is that it is too random and therefore gives the public the feeling of safety through anonymity. I'd suggest cutting down the potential hit list to no more than 20 alliances who would actually feel threatened by Kaskus and of course name the alliances on that list.  

Problem being that it would be impossible to find that many alliances actually scared of Kaskus.