Holy Catholic Church of Paraguay

lkfht

The Holy Catholic Church of Paraguay

The ever growing catholic population in Paraguay has become very restless with the Vatican for not appointing any new bishops for them. Therefore they have gathered and formed this church. Roman Catholic Clergy have approved of such a measure and the Archbishop of San Tomas, Arch. Jose Lopez, has been elected interim-pontiff. He will have a limited 1 year term to appoint new cardinals and bishops and form new dioceses. Roman Catholic Church law has been adopted as the norm for this church, except obedience is to the HCCP Pontiff, not his Roman counterpart.

In Archbishop Lopez's first statement he has said that he acknowledges his position as temporary and looks forward to working with the country's bishops to reform the church to focus on the poor and needy. He also reiterated that the Church is independent of any government and is free to exercise that right per the Paraguayan constitution.

100px-PiusXII12.jpg

His Holiness, Pope Luke I

100px-Pius_12_coa.svg.png

Papal Seal

Edited by lkfht

Office of His Holiness

Pope Luke has decided to allow the current bishops of the Paraguayan dioceses to continue their work. An agreement with the Paraguayan government has established a special territory on the outskirts of San Tomas, and will be the headquarters for the Church.

Recent appointments are as follows:

College of Cardinals:

Cardinal Dean- Cardinal Bishop Estevan Nino (75)
Vice-Cardinal Dean- Cardinal Bishop Tulio Pacheco (70)
Camerlengo of the Holy Church- Cardinal Deacon Dario Bazan (68)

TOTAL ELECTORS: 17

Secretariat of State:

Secretary of State- Cardinal Bishop Gregorio Pedro

Delegate for Pontifical Representations- Msgr. Fresco Camino

Head of Protocol- Msgr. Francisco Tinajero

250px-876MilanoDuomo.JPG

The cathedral for the Archdiocese of San Tomas has been selected to be the seat of the Supreme Pontiff

For additional information please visit- http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_Catholic_Church_of_Paraguay

Edited by lkfht

Office of His Holiness

Metropolitan Archdiocese of San Tomas:

Archbishop Eustaquio Verga (74)
Auxiliary Bishop Felipe Santiago (68)
Auxiliary Bishop Juan José (54)

Diocese of San Juan Bautista:

Bishop Mario Melanio (73)

Diocese of San Miguel:

Bishop Ramón Bogarín (70)

Diocese of Caacupé:

Bishop Catalino Giménez (72)

Metropolitan Archdiocese of La Paz:

Archbishop Orani João (63)
Auxiliary Bishop Pedro Cruz (49)
Auxiliary Bishop Paulo César (46)

Diocese of Ciudad del Este:

Bishop Rogelio Ricardo (68)

Diocese of Concepción:

Bishop Miguel Ángel (48)

Diocese of San Lorenzo:

Bishop Sebelio Peralta (74)

Metropolitan Archdiocese of Santa Cruz:

Archbishop Marco Cardinal Cosio (70)

Diocese of San Andres:

Bishop Ricardo Rubio (50)

Diocese of Beni:

Bishop Franco Manzano (63)

Diocese of Pando:

Bishop Bonifacio Celis (60)

Missionary Diocese of Tacna:

Bishop Romero Rufino (52)

Military Ordinariate of Paraguay:

Military Ordinary, Arch. Adalberto Martínez (62)
Auxiliary Bishop Agustín Rodríguez (58)

Auxiliary Bishop Jerico Paules (60)

Edited by lkfht

• 2 weeks later...

Arch. Adalberto Martínez, Military Ordinary of Paraguay, has recently met with His Holiness Pope Luke, to convey his deep disapproval over the recent military action in Peru. As military Ordinary, he is responsible for all Catholic chaplains within the Paraguayan Armed Forces. After meeting Pope Luke, Arch. Adalberto Martínez released a statement saying,

"My Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

The recent military action undertaken by Paraguayan Marines in Peru under the authorization of President Jose Gomez has been condemned by Pope Luke I and I due to the lack of reason for justified war operations. The focus of this campaign has been focused on the economic and military advantages of such a campaign with little regard for the local population or for the stabilization of the region. I call on all civic leaders of this country to end these senseless acts of violence and to work towards peace while keeping the common good at the center point. Pope Luke has expressed the same views as I and calls on President Jose Gomez to end these operations immediately and to help rebuild the localities that have been damaged due to fighting.

Faithfully yours in Christ,

His Grace, Archbishop Adalberto Martínez"

Office of His Holiness

With recent news of Paraguayan military forces withdrawing from Peru, Pope Luke I was pleased and sends his thanks to President Jose Gomez for finally making a decision not just based upon the common good of Paraguay, but also of the local peoples of Peru. Pope Luke hopes that now new channels of dialogue may begin with the government of Paraguay, as well as those of other South American countries, especially concerning the assistance needed for the local Peruvian population.

Pope Luke has expressed his utmost respect and compassion for the Peruvian locals and so he has directed to send 10 missionary priests to Southern Peru in the hopes of helping with humanitarian assistance and to eventually establish the 1st Missionary Diocese of the Church.

Edited by lkfht

The 10 missionary priests sent by Pope Luke to Southern Peru have been working with the local population for a couple weeks now. They report a significant impact their presence has made especially when working with civic leaders of the area. Primary and secondary education institutions are minimal however those that are still standing are filled to maximum capacity. Healthcare facilities are also at full capacity and is in need of greater infrastructure to handle the large influx of injured people. The priests have elected Fr. Romero Rufino as their provincial leader. Fr. Romero has moved the priests into an abandoned church, which they hope to rebuild. The church property contains an adjacent building that they hope may soon be turned into a seminary.

Fr. Romero makes the following appeals to His Holiness Pope Luke:

1. Five more priests to assist with local parishes and to be hospital chaplains

2. 10 religious brother/sisters to staff a nearby school for K-8 grades

3. $200,000.00 to build a new pediatric clinic on the outskirts of Lima

4. The appointment of a bishop in order to establish the Missionary Diocese of Tacna

To: Rev. Father Romero Rufino

Subject: Re. to your requests

Fr. Romero,

I have read your appeals and agree to them on condition you accept one thing. In reference to your request for a bishop I ask that you accept the position. I will immediately send the other requested persons, materials, and funds to you.

Know that my prayers and the prayers of this church are with you.

“Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me."

With eternal blessings in Christ,

Pope Luke I

Office of His Holiness

Recent Appointments:

Congregations

Doctrine of the Faith

Prefect- Cardinal Bishop Marco Cosio
    Secretary- Arch. Curcio Fulgencio
    Undersecretary- Arch. Oliverio Macera

Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments

Prefect- Cardinal Priest Cortez Vicario
    Secretary- Arch. Cristiano Callejas
    Undersecretary- Arch. Fermin Caraveo

Causes of Saints

Prefect- Cardinal Priest Silvino Cabanilla
    Secretary- Cardinal Deacon Mannie Manas
    Undersecretary- Msgr. Emilio Carillo

Bishops

Prefect- Cardinal Priest Henriqua Razon
    Secretary- Arch. Nataniel Rodrigo
    Undersecretary- Arch. Gillermo Pablo

Evangelization of Peoples

Prefect- Cardinal Deacon Curcio Rumbo
    Secretary- Arch. Monte Bello
    Undersecretary- Msgr. Angelito Alpizar

Clergy

Prefect- Cardinal Priest Casimiro Ramos
    Secretary- Arch. Calvino Po
    Undersecretary- Arch. Delmar Armando

Institutes of Consecrated Life

Prefect- Arch. Urbano Solorzano
    Secretary- Msgr. Senon Armenteros
    Undersecretary- Fr. Roldan Camero

Catholic Education

Prefect- Cardinal Priest Pedro Ceniceros
    Secretary- Arch. Angelito Echevarria
    Undersecretary- Fr. Montez Quijada

Pontifical Councils

Laity

President- Arch. Raymon Ciervo
    Secretary- Msgr. Bernardo Deocampo

Family

President- Cardinal Deacon Milagro Villas
    Secretary- Msgr. Gaspard Mayoral

Justice and Peace

President- Cardinal Priest Enzo Salvador
    Secretary- Arch. Pirro Bracero

Pastoral Care of Migrants and Indigenous People

President- Arch. Leonardo Mero
    Secretary- Fr. Cuartio Capetillo

Inter-Religious Dialogue

President- Cardinal Deacon Fernando Marcia
    Secretary- Arch. Gorane Ponce

In recent light of the Paraguayan acquisition of the Bolivian territory, Pope Luke has appointed Cardinal Bishop Marco Cosio, Prefect for the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith, as Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Santa Cruz. Under the newly formed archdiocese will be the sufferaging sees of San Andres, Beni, and Pando.

Metropolitan Archdiocese of Santa Cruz:

Archbishop Marco Cardinal Cosio (70)

Diocese of San Andres:

Bishop Ricardo Rubio (50)

Diocese of Beni:

Bishop Franco Manzano (63)

Diocese of Pando:

Bishop Bonifacio Celis (60)

Edited by lkfht

As Bishop Romero Rufino continues his missionary work in Southern Peru, he sees great improvement. Through his 10 priests and religious brothers/sisters, they have been able to open a total of 5 primary schools and 2 secondary schools. Alhtough small in numbers, the Catholic Community has grown strong. Bishop Romero Rufino has opened the official dioceasen seminary, Divine Mercy Seminary, on the grounds of the new cathedral. It is estimated that 30 new seminaries wil enter this year for formation into the priesthood. Once this class has had 5 years of class and formation, they will be the first Peruvians ordained to the priesthood.

Bishop Romero Rufino has also worked with local governments to coordinate humanitarian assistance. He has too helped local municipalities organize elections and public services. The people seem him as not just their bishop, but a civic leader.

Word from San Tomas is that Pope Luke is pleased with Bishop Romero Rufino's work and wishes him best of luck. His Holliness has also decided to send an additional 5 priests to help the bishop in his pastoral care of the diocese.

As Pope Luke woke up to the early morning sunshine, he walked over to his window, peering down into the Cathedral Square. While watching the people enter the Cathedral for morning mass, he remembered what it was like growing up in Paraguay, futbol after school and dinner with family in the evening, he often missed these small events. After this, he got dressed in his papal attire and walked down stairs for breakfast. He was in a happy mood, bacon and Tereré Rupa... his favorite.

After having breakfast with his secretary, Fr. Robles, and Cardinal Bishop Gregorio Pedro, Secretary of State, he entered into his private chapel for morning mass and prayer. These past several months have been very difficult for him, especially since he assumed the papacy during such turbulent political and religious times. During his morning prayer he prayed,

"Most Gracious Father, You have placed such a burden upon my shoulders, but I am here to do Your will. I often question myself if I am still able to carry out the duties of my most sacred office. I often feel quite tired and ill throughout the day. I trust that You know when it is my time to go, and in the mean time I ask for strength to bring Christ to others and others to Him. Amen."

As he opened his eyes, he realized he was kneeling in front of an image of Our Lady of Copacabana, patroness of Bolivia. He knew the situation in Bolivia was complicated, but often remembered that the people must be the priority. The needs of the poor and needy must not go unanswered. Finishing prayer, Fr. Robles helped him stand to go to the Papal Office to do some work. Upon arriving at the office, His Holiness received his daily schedule from an assistant.

Schedule of His Holiness, Pope Luke I, November 11
11:00am-12noon: Meeting with Cardinal Bishop Marco Cosio, Archbishop of Metropolitan Archdiocese of Santa Cruz, and the President of the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith
12:15pm-1:00pm: Meeting with the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace
1:15pm-2:00pm: Meeting with Arch. Leonardo Mero, President of the Pontifical Council for Pastoral Care of Migrants and Indigenous People
2:15pm-3:00pm: LUNCH
3:00pm-3:30pm: Afternoon Prayer
3:45pm-5:00pm: Meeting with Bishop Romero Rufino, Prelate of the Missionary Diocese of Tacna, Peru
5:15pm-6:00pm: Meeting with Secretary of Internal Affairs Marietta Quevedo of Paraguay
6:15pm-7:00pm: Meeting with Madam Marlina Vides, PAID Administrator of Humanitarian Assistance
7:15pm-8:00pm: Cathedral Mass for the Intention of World Peace
8:15pm-12midnight: Unscheduled (DINNER)

Noticing a full day was ahead of him, he bowed his head begging God for assistance. Lifting his head, he smiled at the assistant and thanked him. He then proceeded to his desk to start his work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was seven o' clock, and His Holiness had just left a meeting with Madam Marlina Vides, PAID Administrator of Humanitarian Assistance. As he walked to the Cathedral Sacristy to prepare for mass, he recounted their discussion. Among the topics they discussed were the situation in Southern Peru and in Bolivia. He stressed that the poor must be able to have access to food, shelter, and clean water. They also brought up the situation in Africa. The pope conveyed his sympathies to those who have died and offered the church's assistance to the population. He agreed to send Msgr. Fresco Camino, Delegate for Pontifical Representations to Rhodesia Nyasaland.

As he entered the sacristy, he Msgr. Francisco Tinajero, Head of Protocol, standing with his religious vestments for mass. He smiled and handed the pope the items to wear. As Pope Luke thanked him, he walk out towards the main aisle. As he stood in line with several bishops and priests, he was flabbergasted by the absolute beauty of the interior of the cathedral. The music suddenly began to play and so he walked up the aisle, approaching the altar.

After the Liturgy of the Word, Pope Luke stood up to give his homily. BUT SUDDENLY he felt a sharp pain in his chest. HE IMMEDIATELY fell to the ground. Msgr. Fresco Camino and Fr. Robles rushed to the pontiff trying to help him and suddenly realized he was having a MASSIVE heart attack. Fr. Robles quickly accessed and Automatic External Defibrillator and attempted to use it. An ambulance arrived and took Pope Luke to a nearby hospital. He was then taken into immediate heart surgery due to concerns of a blood clot.

After several heart operations and many hours, the head surgeon exited the operating room and walked over to Fr. Robles. In a depressed and mournful tone he said, "Father, I have done all that I could, but the heart damage was to grave. His Holiness has passed away." And with those words he left the waiting room. Fr. Robles was in complete shock and just stood frozen. He had a difficult time understanding what had just happened. The loss of the first pope. He took out his cellphone and immediately called Secretary of State Cardinal Bishop Gregorio Pedro to tell him the horrible news. The Cardinal would now be in-charge of the church until a Conclave elected a new pope.

The first conclave of the Catholic Church was to commence!

Edited by lkfht

The Cardinals of the Catholic Church have begun descending upon San Tomas in order to vote for a new pontiff.

There are currently 17 cardinal electors who are:

Cardinal Bishop Estevan Nino (75)

Cardinal Bishop Tulio Pacheco (70)

Cardinal Deacon Dario Bazan (68)

Cardinal Bishop Gregorio Pedro (68)

Cardinal Priest Cortez Vicario

Cardinal Priest Silvino Cabanilla

Cardinal Deacon Mannie Manas

Cardinal Priest Henriqua Razon

Cardinal Deacon Curcio Rumbo

Cardinal Priest Casimiro Ramos

Cardinal Priest Pedro Ceniceros

Cardinal Deacon Milagro Villas

Cardinal Priest Enzo Salvador

Cardinal Deacon Fernando Marcia

Archbishop Marco Cardinal Cosio (71)

Any male at least 18 years old and baptized may be elected pope, however it will most likely be a Cardinal or Bishop. A candidate must obtain at least 8 votes in order to be declared the winner. The church faces many problems and challenges that the new pope will have to address. Among these are the churches in Peru and Bolivia, as well as possible missionary opportunities in South America. Critics have also pointed out that the pope currently resides in Paraguay's capital and is submittable to outside political forces. the church will also have to address the growing protests for LGBT civil rights, especially marriage. There is also the need to figure out how the church is to handle the growing humanitarian assistance role it has inherited, especially in Bolivia.

As the cardinals contemplated the possibility of becoming pope, one by one they would walk up to the sacred altar and place their ballot. All were silent and starred wherever they could, just wanting the conclave to finish so that they could return to their work. As the last of the cardinals placed their ballots, all turned to the Dean of the College of Cardinals Cardinal Bishop Estevan Nino as he read aloud the names.

"Pedro, Pedro, Cosio, Cosio, Cosio, Pedro, Cosio, Cosio, Pedro, Cosio, Cosio, Cosio, Cosio, Pedro, Pedro, Cosio, Cosio."

As the secretary recorded the votes, he suddenly released that someone achieved the 2/3 majority needed in order to be declared the winner! "Your Eminence, we have reached two-thirds for a candidate."

"Really? Who?!"

"Archbishop Marco Cardinal Cosio, your Eminence"

As the cardinal dean realized that the secretary was in deed correct! he walked over to Cosio's seat to ask him the question all were hoping to receive. "Do you accept your canonical election as Supreme Pontiff?"

As Cosio looked around the room in total shock, he realized that the Holy Spirit was calling him to do so much more for the universal church than be a bishop of a diocese. He leaned slightly forward in deep contemplation and prayer, begging God not ask this of him, however if it was the Father's will so let it be done.

Cosio was the only Bolivian prelate in the conclave, and the only Cardinal in charge of an archdiocese (pastoral experience). He was also the Prefect for the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. He understood the challenges the Church faced, especially with the growing tension in Bolivia and Peru.

Cosio leaned back into his chair and said firmly, "with a contrite heart and the divine will of God, I humbly accept."

"By what name do you wish to be called?" Asked the Cardinal Dean.

"I shall be called John Paul III, after my predecessors in Rome."

And with that the rest of the college erupted in cheers and applause, each approaching one by one to congratulate the new Supreme Pontiff of the Catholic Church.

Thousands gathered in the Cathedral square, eagerly awaiting to see the new pope. The Cardinal Dean then walks onto the outside balcony above the square and says,

"I announce to you a great joy: We have a Pope! The Most Eminent and Most Reverend Lord, Lord Marco, Cardinal of the Holy Roman Church Cosio, who takes to himself the name John Paul the Third."

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Catholic_Church_of_Christ

Pope John Paul III was determined to set the church on the right direction, however several changes were needed. His first decree would be the changing of the name of the very institution. Instead the church would now be called the "Catholic Church of Christ" Pope John Paul III would also reduce the CCC Curia. It would now consist of the following:

Secretariat of State

Secretary of State- Cardinal Bishop Gregorio Pedro (68)

Secretary of External Relations- Msgr. Fresco Camino (56)

Secretary of General Affairs- Bishop Sebelio Peralta (75)

Congregations

Doctrine of the Faith

Prefect- Arch. Eustaquio Verga (75)
    Secretary- Arch. Curcio Fulgencio

Evangelization of Peoples

Prefect- Cardinal Deacon Curcio Rumbo
    Secretary- Arch. Monte Bello

Clergy and Institutes of Consecrated Life

Prefect- Cardinal Priest Casimiro Ramos
    Secretary- Arch. Calvino Po

Catholic Education

Prefect- Cardinal Priest Pedro Ceniceros
    Secretary- Arch. Angelito Echevarria

Pontifical Councils

Family and Human Development

President- Cardinal Deacon Milagro Villas
    Secretary- Msgr. Gaspard Mayoral

Justice and Peace

President- Cardinal Priest Enzo Salvador
    Secretary- Arch. Pirro Bracero

Pastoral Care of Migrants and Indigenous People

President- Arch. Leonardo Mero
    Secretary- Fr. Cuartio Capetillo

Pope John Paul III has also made the following appointments:

Archbishop Eustaquio Verga (75), Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith

Bishop Sebelio Peralta (75), Secretary for General Affairs

Auxiliary Bishop Agustín Rodríguez (59), Archbishop of the Metropolitan Archdiocese of Santa Cruz (Bolivia)

Arch. Curcio Fulgencio, Secretary of the College of Cardinals

Arch. Gorane Ponce, Auxiliary Bishop of the Metropolitan Archdiocese of Santa Cruz (Bolivia)

Msgr. Terciero Mestas, Bishop of the Diocese of San Lorenzo

Msgr. Alvino Danon, Auxiliary Bishop of the Military Ordinariate of Paraguay

Cardinal Deacon Fernando Marcia, Archbishop of the Metropolitan Archdiocese of San Tomas

Edited by lkfht

Office of His Holiness

Pope John Paul III has created the Office of Papal Charities which is charged with exercising charity to the poor in the name of the Holy Father. The person in charge of this office will be the Almoner of His Holiness. He has the rank of Archbishop; he is a member of the Papal Family and as such takes part in the Holy Father’s liturgical celebrations and official audiences. He will also oversee all diocesan missionary organizations and church affiliated relief agencies. The Almoner has the authority to grant monetary grants to individuals, organizations, and independent states in the Pope's name.

Pope John Paul III has appointed Archbishop Félix Prieto as Almoner of His Holiness. He is scheduled to visit Peru and Bolivia in the near future in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the current humanitarian assistance being given by the Church.

His Holiness Pope John Paul III has made the following changes and appointments for the Church in Peru:

Metropolitan Archdiocese of Arequipa:

Present Prelates-

Archbishop Romero Rufino (53)
    Auxiliary Bishop José Martín (61)
    Auxiliary Bishop Francisco de Sales (52)

Diocese of Tacna

Bishop Marco Antonio (65)

Diocese of Puno

Bishop Gérard Tremblay (62)

Diocese of Mollendo

Bishop Richard Alarcón (63)

Metropolitan Archdiocese of Lima:

Present Prelates-

Archbishop Juan Cipriani (69)
    Auxiliary Bishop Raúl Antonio (60)
    Auxiliary Bishop Adriano Tomasi (61)

Diocese of Ica