[Nominations] The Top 5 Infamous Poster Awards

Beauty

I don't particularly care for semantics, I am just going by the definition provided in the OP. "Popular for being bad", which I take to mean "controversial/annoying/provoking", i.e. the kind of thing that provides some entertainment, or at least an opportunity for many to kill their time.

You are "controversial/annoying/provoking" in a neutral way.

A bit like Captain Hindsight... the superhero who does nothing but gives his opinion about everything.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you got me intrigued. Other than "just" talking, what else can you do on a forum, exactly?

Declaring wars, diffaming the enemy, signing treaties with friends based on trust, signing other treaties with opportunistic intections, claiming that the whole membership of an alliance you don't like is 14 years old, posting images of dolphins,  stating that an X alliance you don't like is the "status quo" and you are going to destroy it even when you can destroy it because you are the status quo, mocking the neutrals... etc.

A great example of why you are one of the worst posters in the game in my opinion.

Declaring wars, diffaming the enemy, signing treaties with friends based on trust, signing other treaties with opportunistic intections, claiming that the whole membership of an alliance you don't like is 14 years old, posting images of dolphins,  stating that an X alliance you don't like is the "status quo" and you are going to destroy it even when you can destroy it because you are the status quo, mocking the neutrals... etc.

Both of these posts are just fucking dumb and unworthy of the several kbs of data that were just sent over my connection.

Zoskia: You could be a good poster if you would only post the intelligent thoughts rather than literally every idea that pops into your head. Like every 1 in 10 of your posts are actually insightful and worth reading, and the other 90% you phone in with some fucking Rotavele-tier word groupings.

Conistonslim: You could also be a good poster if you'd stop trying to be so "edgy" while simultaneously being defensive. Wow, someone whose posts are 10% as entertaining as RVs calls RV a bad poster. I sure haven't seen this before! Calling out RV doesn't make you look like a badass, or intelligent.. it makes you look like a dumbass.

All of that is IC stuff. I'll give you that I usually don't do any of that, but neither I give my opinion on IC stuff, save for extremely exceptional circumstances, which is at the complete opposite of "providing my opinion on everything", which is where you started from.
Your argument falls apart at first scrutiny.

Both of these posts are just fucking dumb and unworthy of the several kbs of data that were just sent over my connection.

Zoskia: You could be a good poster if you would only post the intelligent thoughts rather than literally every idea that pops into your head. Like every 1 in 10 of your posts are actually insightful and worth reading, and the other 90% you phone in with some fucking Rotavele-tier word groupings.

Conistonslim: You could also be a good poster if you'd stop trying to be so "edgy" while simultaneously being defensive. Wow, someone whose posts are 10% as entertaining as RVs calls RV a bad poster. I sure haven't seen this before! Calling out RV doesn't make you look like a badass, or intelligent.. it makes you look like a dumbass.

And you, Hereno, could be a good poster if you stopped posting I'm the boiler room.

words

Hrm, I seem to remember you being an "interesting" poster,

Ok I'll take this one and I'll be as honest with you as I am with everyone else good or bad

GOONS leadership is made up of either 2 types of people People who were around during old GOONS and therefor should be taken out the back and shot for being anywhere near that walking CB of an alliance People who came around after, are obviously a bunch of noobs and thought it would be funny to take their name New alliance or not, if you call your kid "Adolf Mugabe Hitler" or your boat "Titanic 2" you have to expect to take some crap for it.

I know know much about new GOONS as i haven't tried to learn, frankly if the leaders disband the alliance and half of you form an alliance called "the People's Interesing Experience" or PIE for short, and acted the same way as you do now, I don't think anyone would care and frankly you'd get less than half the tolling and twice the respect you get now.

You may say it's just a name, but you pick that name and it says a lot about you, if you call your nation WhitePrideFTW then you're not going to get anywhere in CN
Andyt2k of Veritas - LoSS - MoFA

Edited by Sardonic

I rather enjoy reading hereno's br posts, they differ from the sometimes too commonly seen crap that ends up there. 

For 5 most infamous posters I would say Rebel Virginia..even without the blue text, HeroofTime..because vaginas can be pretty gross, Sardonic mostly because I enjoy threads about GOONS, Rey because of his immaturity, and finally Schatt because he posts walls of text. Now it definitely doesn't mean these posters are bad(minus Rey) but that they have qualities to them that really do add to the game and would be missed without them. 

This is subject to change when I actually learn the correct definition of infamous. 

I do not agree with you. I'm a very decent poster!
Even if some threads are willingly silly (like the "Best average poster" thread, which was... somehow a joke about this kind of threads).

All of that is IC stuff. I'll give you that I usually don't do any of that, but neither I give my opinion on IC stuff, save for extremely exceptional circumstances, which is at the complete opposite of "providing my opinion on everything", which is where you started from. Your argument falls apart at first scrutiny.

I am ONLY posting based on IC stuff and game related stuff... and mostly ignoring the Water Cooler and the Boiler Room.

(If I wasn't doing such thing, I would be nominating Lord GVChamp in the first place... mostly based on Boiler Room posts).

You earned this nomination and worked hard for it, I'm sorry... it's the nomination to the most neutral of the most neutrals.

I am ONLY posting based on IC stuff and game related stuff... and mostly ignoring the Water Cooler and the Boiler Room.
(If I wasn't doing such thing, I would be nominating Lord GVChamp in the first place... mostly based on Boiler Room posts).
You earned this nomination and worked hard for it, I'm sorry... it's the nomination to the most neutral of the most neutrals.

I don't mind the nomination, and now that you said that it's based on your style of posting I also don't mind the reasoning behind it. Assuming we can call it "reasoning", now that I think of it.