An INT Announcement

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incoming wall of text.

My comments to follow will probably shock alot of people since they are really off my norm.

Let me begin by saying thank you to my friends (forever friends, tbh) in The International. The one thing I have said to everyone on ALL sides of this game is that C&G was founded on a core principle. That principle was NOT Friends > Infra. That was just the most attractive propaganda point. The core principle was C&G comes 1st. When you are a member, the bloc ALWAYS comes first.

To be sure, we have gone through member changes in our history as a bloc. However, I can say with 100% confidence, that NO other alliance in the history of C&G... NONE... has ever lived or portrayed that principle more nobly than INT. Every alliance that was... and is... in C&G owes INT a debt of gratitude that can never be repaid. Every decision they made (except for a 3 week psychotic episode of Trotsky's about 18 months ago) in their time in C&G put the bloc first. Even in the one moment where they did not put the bloc first, they ended up putting the bloc first, even above their own reputation. No other alliance has ever made a sacrifice like that for the bloc. Arguments of cause and effect aside they put us ahead of themselves. It was the ultimate sacrifice, and it was that sacrifice that won the heart of an old-school C&Ger like myself. INT could become my #1 enemy tomorrow if they so chose, I would neither blame them, nor would I ever be able to embrace them as an enemy regardless of where they go from here. The person in me, who bleeds that 1st principle of C&G, has entirely too much love for INT for it to even begin to dissipate. The movers and shakers that spearheaded our sphere (im looking at you Umbrella and MK) really have zero idea what INT gave up both for the bloc (us) and for the spearheads (you). I love my friends in MK. My colleagues in Umb, not so much. But each of you owe INT a debt that 40 years of friendship and Loyalty on Planet Bob could never begin to repay either.

This move, I expected it much much sooner. INT has personal goals they want to achieve (involving grudges and whatnot), and being in an MADP bloc was never going to allow the pursuit of those individual grudges and/or goals, because at the end of the day, their goals did not coincide with the goals of the rest of us in the bloc. That is not to disparage their goals, in their own minds, only they can determine the worth of their goals and or grudges. If this move is to free them to pursue those ends, then kudos to them, it is a path that they deserve for their sacrifices and patience.

On a much more personal note. Trostky... Craig... Momentum...Pwnage... Lexie.... you have all won my mind, my respect, and my love into perpetuity. Thank you all for all you have given to me personally. The ride was incredible.

This was good to read.  I don't always enjoy Rush rants, but when I do, it looks like this.  

The Equilibrium military coalition ultimately did not succeed in destroying the Competence military coalition. However, the post-war remnants of EQ has certainly succeeded in dismantling the ex-Competence coalition politically. Doomhouse gone, Platysphere brought over, and now C&G is reduced. The only significant post-war gain for Competence was Pacifica, whose sphere has steadily shrank since joining. 

Who would've guessed? What a tumultuous few months! Of course, without a few more cancellations, this withdrawal from INT is more symbolic than anything.

Wait, are you implying that eQ was anything but a total clusterfuck of a mess, both during the war and directly afterwards? Because please don't, it's common knowledge that that's the case. Both EQ and Competence were exactly that, military coalitions. As soon as the military action stopped, so did the notion of either of those being solid groupings. 

I would point out that a pragmatic Liaison Commissar has blocked Comrade Trotsky from advancing any higher than a member in INT.

I would point out that an inactive Liaison Commissar hasn't even noticed that I've been doing his job for about a week now as his Sec. :P

On a much more personal note. Trostky... Craig... Momentum...Pwnage... Lexie.... you have all won my mind, my respect, and my love into perpetuity. Thank you all for all you have given to me personally. The ride was incredible.

That it was, that it was. A big shout out to you, Mandy, Shamed, Voodoo, Os, eZe, Proximus, Dre4m, Darth and Timlee. Couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to raise hell with. 

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

"The ship is sinking! I repeat: Ship is sinking! Go to the boats, cowards first!"  

The International still has MDoAP's with TLR, GATO, and ODN.  They took a beating last war and are certainly no cowards.  What they do have now is enhanced freedom of movement since they are no longer part of an MDAP where every action requires the utmost coordination.

The International still has MDoAP's with TLR, GATO, and ODN.  They took a beating last war and are certainly no cowards.  What they do have now is enhanced freedom of movement since they are no longer part of an MDAP where every action requires the utmost coordination.

Remember, you're either a spineless lackey for staying or a spineless coward for leaving.  You're approaching this assuming there was somehow a "win" condition or reason will be seen. 

Thanks for reminding me why he is on auto-ignore for me.

Don't express too much love.  You know that Die Linke is in the crosshairs, right?

-Craig

So you want to finish off the destruction of the CN left now? Have you forgotten whom left whom out to dry and why you got dropped by them in the first place?