• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know what to say at your declaration. Just racism I suppose.

rac·ism noun \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\

: poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race

: the belief that some races of people are better than others

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to point out one single instance of the above definition in the OP.  I think it helps to understand the meaning of the word racism before wrongfully accusing someone of it.  A favorite liberal tactic.  If you don't like it/them, scream racism...

rac·ism noun \ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-\

: poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race

: the belief that some races of people are better than others

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to point out one single instance of the above definition in the OP.  I think it helps to understand the meaning of the word racism before wrongfully accusing someone of it.  A favorite liberal tactic.  If you don't like it/them, scream racism...

Go look up minstrel show, bro.

[edit to add] You are seriously mistaken if you think I even know enough about current CN politics to like or not like these people. I am so far beyond retired.

Edited by Cortath

No other comments about this minstrel show? Disappointing.

You're right of course, but I think many prefer to just ignore the obvious shortcomings of the Zulu alliances humour and hope it goes away. Personally it comes across as patronising, ill-judged and offensive,

No other comments about this minstrel show? Disappointing.

Personally it comes across as patronising, ill-judged and offensive,

Well, that is one way to take it, It IS an IC forum.  Brings up a couple other questions:

1. If Ubuntu was called Clive and typed in an overdone Cockney accent, would you still feel uncomfortable?

2. Were you affronted by Rotovele's "Bammer" personna, replete with over-patriotism and ignorance?

3. Do you feel that Kashmir promotes drug use?  edit: Retracted. Of course they do.

4. You seem pretty certain that Ubuntu is, in fact, white.  If you found out otherwise, would you feel differently?

Not saying your views are without merit, just maybe that your umbrage is a little selective and based on assumptions.

Well, that is one way to take it, It IS an IC forum.  Brings up a couple other questions:

1. If Ubuntu was called Clive and typed in an overdone Cockney accent, would you still feel uncomfortable?

2. Were you affronted by Rotovele's "Bammer" personna, replete with over-patriotism and ignorance?

3. Do you feel that Kashmir promotes drug use?  edit: Retracted. Of course they do.

4. You seem pretty certain that Ubuntu is, in fact, white.  If you found out otherwise, would you feel differently?

Not saying your views are without merit, just maybe that your umbrage is a little selective and based on assumptions.

Well said Walsh. With that said, maybe in just wired but I rather enjoy all this. Zulu is a great part of this community, they add a flavor unique to the game. Yes, I even enjoy Mushqaeda and their antics even though I rarely agree with them. Ill admit it, I'm going to miss MK, they made the game interesting...still are Lol. We can all be upset and offended with each other, bicker, make straw man arguments and tease, but in the end its all a game and its supposed to be fun, and everyone us entitled to play the way they wish, even TDO and MQ. Heh.

Wait,
where's all of the moral outrage toward the Mushqaeda gimmick? People
still think the muslim extremist joke is funny, even after that godawful
puppet comedian?

So I can't disagree with them as well?

At the very least MQ isn't using intentionally poor grammar to pretend that they're Hi-LAR-iously uneducated. Har Har negative stereotypes.

If you can't discern the difference between a minstrel show and someone using a foreign accent, God (Or Allarchon I guess) Help you.

Oh my goodness. All this racism talk. If you only knew.....I'd love to turn you on.
As for a minstrel show you will not find this in Zulu land. When Zulu women have their minstrel period this is all private. They make no show of it.

The Great Ubuntu has spoken. I hope to hear no more discussion of racism or a woman's period.

Oh my goodness. All this racism talk. If you only knew.....I'd love to turn you on.
As for a minstrel show you will not find this in Zulu land. When Zulu women have their minstrel period this is all private. They make no show of it.

You are my new favorite person on bob!

Again, I'm not claiming they're in the right at all. This thread is not about MQ. It's about the OP playing on an uneducated savage stereotype.

Well, you see, the powers-that-be determine that if an alliance wishes to make an announcement, or a ruler wishes to correspond with others through this medium, it must be done in English. If it were that everyone was required to speak Zulu, you wouldn't be so proficient at getting your message out, either!

Edited by Baron Flynt

Again, I'm not claiming they're in the right at all. This thread is not about MQ. It's about the OP playing on an uneducated savage stereotype.

I am unsure you understand that we're all just actors in a play.

OOC: its a persona, some of us actually put the effort into creating one for this game.