Global Feudalism: An analysis of the decay of global politics from a Francoist perspective

The Zigur

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B) Nothing we did approaches what you did, either on the level of being creepy or being game crippling or being just over the line for a game.

Woah....woah....woah.

I was not "in the know" during UJW (and certainly not before), so I could have missed a few things. Some I heard stories about. However, I watched and spoke to people on a regular basis after that and never did I see anything more creepy and over the line than the events of BIOdad. I mean....just how did we get to that point, and how do we never return?

Oh and digging into people's criminal records, stealing RL pictures to use as avatars, and there were a few other minor things I found disturbing.

Overall IC wise? Yea NPO way worse than MK. Of course is it because MK knew they couldn't get away with the same crap? Or was it because they didn't want to?

How are crippling reparations, forced disbandment, PZI, and Viceroys remotely similar to anything MK and co. have done?

Well:

1. Crippling reparations were used by MK, TOP, Umbrella, GOONS, etc. I think the DH-NPO reparations were actually larger than the reps asked for after Karma (I think, it might've been more money paid per nation or something).

2. The general population of CN has such a negative view of Forced Disbandments and PZI that I think MK couldn't have gotten away with doing so. Not that it wasn't an often-voiced opinion of many in MK and its allies at the time that they WANTED to force alliances to disband or PZI people.

3. Viceroys are no longer allowed via the rules of the game, if I'm not mistaken. If they're still allowed, this also falls under something MK could not have done without severe public backlash.

4. I would say a lot of the OOC things that happened under the MK & co. powersphere went a bit over the top for a game. There's not even a need to say "well NPO or X-alliance did that too!" OOC is just not cool regardless of context or comparison.

They just weren't very good at it is all.

As much as I would love to agree, I can't say that I do. MK was, in a way, more successful than NPO was at maintaining a hegemony because they weren't the sole seat of power. As evidenced by this thread (where MK allies like TOP/ex-deinos/rey come out to defend them) they made many friends and incorporated them into the power scheme. Even with the hate generated towards MK, they managed to mitigate a lot of dissent among multiple alliances. Pretty smart.

Edited by Master Holton

I think the DH-NPO reparations were actually larger than the reps asked for after Karma (I think, it might've been more money paid per nation or something).

Reps for DH-NPO totaled 18k tech and 532m across the entirety of NPO's coalition.  In aid slots, that comes out to the equivalent of 26,850 tech.  Get out of here with your bullshit.

Reps for DH-NPO totaled 18k tech and 532m across the entirety of NPO's coalition.  In aid slots, that comes out to the equivalent of 26,850 tech.  Get out of here with your bullshit.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101542

"1. The Legion, The Phoenix Federation, Regnum Invictorum, Cult of Justitia, The Sasori Initiative, 64Digits, Sanitarium, NADC, and SNAFU, (Henceforth referred too as Team Rocket) shall pay $2,427,000,000 to The Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism."

This isn't including the NpO side of the war, just the NPO allies. NPO also had to endure a secondary limited curbstomp post-surrender.

I'm not sure where you got your numbers from, but I got mine from the announcement and the wiki.