Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is indeed goodbye and not some elaborate attempt to generate activity on your part, I wish you all well.  Like Random, I hold you to account, you promised so much, delivered much of it then completely lost interest in whatever it was.  

It is fitting that you leave at this time, something new is needed and it is not disinterest or apathy.

Good luck if you choose new homes, good luck if you choose to ascend this world.

Mushroom Kingdom has had some good people.  Being completely sincere and honest about it.  It's unfortunate that those good people are not as vocal and therefore overshadowed by the extremely rude and obnoxious people who generally represent the alliance on these boards and unfortunate that more of those good people didn't stay in the alliance for the whole trip.  Regardless I only send well wishes to former MKers as they find new homes.

For me, MK went from a foe, to a great friend, and then foe once again. A worthy and capable adversary and one of the few alliances this game has seen that knew how to get shit done. I watched them grow from a small underdog, a spirited and principled band of misfits, to a force drunk on power and willing to sacrifice any and all principles and honor in the pursuit of abusing its power and position. MK never really learned how leadership worked and put way too much faith in inactive and inattentive leadership. I hated most of its members, found it to overall deteriorate and harm the politics of this game and ultimately bring said politics to the current low and overall pathetic state we find it in. MK sheltered the worst elements of this game and encouraged the overall decline in this very forum that I am posting on simply to pay respects and otherwise find unusable and pointless.

MK was unique, often powerful, interesting, and certainly has impacted this game like very few others. I won't miss it, but anyone who claims they, and this event, are not significant are idiots. MK got shit done, did it their way, and anyone who underestimated them found out how much of a mistake that was.

It was an interesting ride. Goodbye, Mushroom Kingdom.

I'm not sure there's any better way to put it than how RandomInterrupt put it in the above quote.

Edited by Nintenderek

Well, this certainly came as a surprise. The game has just lost one of its premiere alliances and I think we are all worse off for it. Love or hate MK, they have influenced this game to a level most could only dream of. 

Best of luck my friends, you certainly will be missed. 

So long MK, bob is without a doubt impoverished by your loss. There are few alliances if any, that can match you for cultural dynamism and a willingness to always push the envelope. No matter what people thought of you, they could never say you didn't being something novel and interesting to the world.

Edited by iamthey

At some point I might write more, but for now it seems appropriate that I only have the time and energy for something short. I've been gone for a while now, staying only because the alliance would ask me to. Eventually, the alliance reached the same state I had. We set out goals, had a vision, and achieved them both. We crushed coalitions, mastered the political game like few have, and sat the seat of power for longer than I could have ever dreamed. We came, we saw, we conquered. And now, instead of slowly rotting away, we choose to depart with dignity, and on our own terms. We leave as victors, people who were a part of something incredible. Something that had never been seen before in this world, and likely will never be seen again.

So, with my fellow members, I tip my hat to you, and wish you the best in reversing this trend. Nothing is beyond your grasp. When I founded this alliance, LUE had been shattered and I had gone from being on many PZI lists to being a member of the original GOONS. It wasn't a straight run to the top, and we never commanded the largest force, but we still reached the top. It has been an honor to be a part of this community. Like all communities, it is imperfect and has its flaws, but there's no question - it was the best this world has had to offer. I challenge you to follow our example. Make something better. Play the political game better than we did. If you do, you will dominate everyone. I'll enjoy watching from my rocking chair. I'll probably put together a more formal goodbye post later, since this is about MK, not me. Then again, I always wanted it that way, even if I somehow became a religious icon along the way...

So long, all, and thanks for all the fish. It has been fun.

I hardly ever post on the OWF, and this is my first post ( in the Alliance Announcements) in a long long time.

MK you are the sexy girl in the bar wich everybody knows, the girl who likes to hang fun hanging out with all the tough kids from the block. The girl that trembles fear into those who are afraid of the tough kids. It's sad to see you go. You will be missed mates. I have been there for a year and had a great time. Well, to close of in the tradional way. Good run you fine gentlemen.

Well, this certainly came as a surprise. The game has just lost one of its premiere alliances and I think we are all worse off for it. Love or hate MK, they have influenced this game to a level most could only dream of. 

Best of luck my friends, you certainly will be missed. 

You too buddy - I'll try and come round to catch up sometime soon.

]L8XVtjD.jpg

Edited by Laslo Kenez

I only joined MK six months ago. When I last left this game years ago, NPO was in charge and that was a fact that everybody took for granted. Coming back over a year ago to find that tiny upstart alliance after UJP had basically been owning the game was incredible. I had alot of fun being in NG, but the principled way in which MK has always behaved and the wit of its members made me move, and I've really enjoyed almost most of it.

The behavior of MK's members, the actions of its government, and the abandonment of principle by both prevents me uttering any false statement of regret at this announcement.  MK exits unloved by as many as ever hated NPO, and for the same reasons, though it did not have to be so. 

Best of luck to those of you who are sticking around, I do hope you find homes which suit you.

knowing that the disbandment didn't cause you to suddenly become a happy person is literally a huge relief to me.

(I don't usually personally comment on foreign politics, but I will make an exception.)

The MK has had a long history of fire, despair, power, art, glory, controversy and genius.
It was a great run and you have been one of the giants of CN: you can be proud of it.

Across your long history you have always dealt with the Agency with official professionality and respect, that the Agency always gladly reciprocated.
You have been a good neighbour, and I will remember you as such.

I wish your former members good luck with wherever they'll go.

Farewell, Kingdom. o7