Greatest Ruler Rivalries

Malik Shabazz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have been saying CN was "in decline" since before GW II. In lots of ways, they were right back then, and "they" are still right today. 

Why are you not in TOP? I see you and V the King posting, why have you forsaken your true home?! 

Extremely doubtful without a serious reinvention or some other reason for older players to get excited about it again. In the business world we have this theory called, "The Life Cycle of a Product," (graph depicting the theory below) in which a given product, in this case CN, is developed, introduced, it grows, matures, then eventually goes into decline. CN has been in decline for a long time. The Karma War was really the end of the mature phase and CN has been declining ever since. Most of these great occurrences older players are referencing occurred not even in the Mature phase, but rather the growing phase, back when the world wasn't necessarily set in stone and there were ways to change it. Back when tech raiding was a lot more mainstream and NPO stomped opponents for the hell of it, when alliances commonly had over 500 members, etc. The product that is CN is old news and is no longer exciting for a great many people. For it to gain new life, it would require something new and drastic.

lifecycle.gif

Exactly, CN needs to have a revolution if you will. There need to be some serious changes around here that will change the way this game is played. CN is in decline because nothing ever really changes: Peace for a couple of months, war for like 3-4 months, so on and so forth. This needs to change.

I don't think that Doitzel or Schattenmann was/are anything like that, Crymson. Quite evidently attention and/or significance have always been a tool for them, certainly not an objective (let alone an "obsession"). Did you just word it not very well, maybe?

Doitzel was an unabashed attention whore. That's largely irrelevant to whether he was good at what he did, though, and quite frankly, being an attention whore is basically a requirement for achieving a certain level of fame in CN.

There are plenty of very competent people throughout the history of Bob that the majority have never heard of. The really popular names got there by being both competent and good self-promoters.

The worst ones are those that spill over from the intra-alliance forums, and/or if they cause someone to leave or be attacked, and espicially if an entire alliance gets rolled. That's when you know something is up.

I remember in a previous alliance that I was in, the week that I was suppose to join, it was getting curbstomped (around 20 vs over 300) by three significantly larger alliances due to personal conflicts that started about 2-3 years ago, between the alliance leader and someone else.

Let's just say that the two rivials used to be in a same alliance (now non-existant) before they both left and clashed repeatedly. One of them was appointed to act as the prosecuter for the alliance's forum court trial, and the other one was the suspect. What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by HHAYD

RV and myself had quite a long rivalry. It also spanned periods of friendship and hatred. 

Yes, but interestingly enough I've never considered you a main adversary of mine. You're just an occasional enemy who has proven himself to not be completely incompetent. The rest, however, are so disappointing that usually not worth revisiting.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Yes, but interestingly enough I've never considered you a main adversary of mine. You're just an occasional enemy who has proven himself to not be completely incompetent. The rest, however, are so disappointing that usually not worth revisiting.

Your greatest rival was coherence. 

Edited by D34th

Well, to be fair, I can essentially consider everyone in this game an occasional enemy. Side flipping is cool, man. Keeps things from going stagnant.

Well, to be fair, I can essentially consider everyone in this game an occasional enemy. Side flipping is cool, man. Keeps things from going stagnant.

I know. I actually find it necessary to be petty and confrontational. Frankly, there are very few genuinely unlikable people who play this game. If I didn't step on the toes of people I didn't like we'd all be singing Kumbaya together. How dreadful.