We merged (well, almost)

Tehmina

DL was formed hailing the success of the RL DIE LINKE.
So if sarcasm was intended, it's because you were 'oblivious' (which is quite understandable considering your alliance name)..

OOC: There is no success. I am sorry to disappoint you.

IC: Does that mean you guys are a completely peaceful alliance?

A bunch of alliances that refuse to give up their tiny poritons of power to remain "soverign" entities merge their FA departments and will now persue things by commitie. This is clearly a masterstroke and will not fail miserably at all.

OOC: There is no success. I am sorry to disappoint you.

IC: Does that mean you guys are a completely peaceful alliance?

I can't speak for the rest of DL, but yeah I'm aware of this.

I'm pretty sure it was originally just an innocent translation of "the Left" into a cool-sounding language, which also happened to be the name of a political party.

I pushed for the name to stick cause I study German and therefore like it when things revolve around the country. Idgaf about the real die Linke.

This looks like an evolution backwards towards the factions/parties that we experimented with in the LSF, somewhere around 2007 or so.  It ended up causing a lot of discord when people began associate with the factions and not the alliance.  They were eventually banned, as I recall.

Maybe your will work out better because you're moving in the other direction...  But my advice, for what it's worth, is to accelerate the merger process and work out the cultural issues (if any) that might divide you.  Other people have already said it, but you will be stronger under one banner than you are under three.

oh yeah, [insert obligatory splitters insult here]

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig