Best bad posters

zoskia

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget the names of some of the alliances involved, but a group of micros (well after GWIII) organized for common defense against raiders. They fought back with nukes (when attacked). GOD, VE, and Andromeda went all in. They were not granted peace. They were forced to disband and several of them PZIed. No one cared, because "lol Walford." You raiders certainly are big men.

The alliance in question was LoFN. League of Free Nations or something like that. A good poster i remember from that thread series is Morgainne, or similar. 

Remember that episode well because as a younger player, i questioned the logic of pursuing someone that hard for such reasons and was promptly told to STFU and "someday things might change, be patient"

Edited by Helbrecht

Well if we want to go back to remember stuff while we smoke our pipes trying to not fall off our rocking chairs, I can as well say that:

1. The LoFN was not kept at permanent war: at least a couple of said micros were given peace, even hastily, and at least one was then a protectorate of & (Andromeda), later carrying over to VE. AFAIK most individuals weren't pursued once they had surrendered.
2. I don't recall "several" being PZIed (but that might just be my horrible memory). Although I still remember someone from & crying to get the PZI of a certain individual - *cough* fun times *cough* - and some on the LoFN side of the battle that deleted while fighting (several to never come back, that I know of. Which is very sad).
3. A lot of people "cared", and in fact it was quite a PR debacle for the attackers - which IMO largely explains point 1 - (and I distinctly and fondly remember some RV guy early questioning Grey's "logic"), although it's true that those caring didn't have the weight to change anything on the battlefield.

I can't say I witnessed everything first hand as I wasn't in the LoFN, but I had been near enough to that organization and I was in the midst of that crapstorm, thus I am not completely uninformed either.
(Of course, I am just an old fart that has a very biased view on the subject.)

There were quite a few who were disbanded or sentenced to PZI (although they tried to deny it as such, badly that is). One I think I remember is Rico Valian. He got raided, or defended someone in his alliance who got raided, and nuked because he was outnumbered fifty to one. GOD cried bloody murder, and vowed that he had to pay. How dare people fight back!

RicoVacilon's episode happened quite some time before the LoFN war - maybe even months before, I don't recall exactly - and Rico has never been in the LoFN or associated with them.

I just nitpick but details don't actually matter much, anyway. Your general objections to Margrave and the recollection that that whole old stuff was at the time downplayed to "lol Walford" are both correct, IMO. Walford doesn't deserve any reputation of having ever been a bad poster, I think it's just old IC rust that went under some people's skin just with time.

Also off-topic, GOD at the time had Conscience sanctioned and nuked - and he hadn't a nuclear-armed nation - because Conscience had asked to the Maroon Senators to consider sanctioning the GOD nations that had raided Rico and that had then obtained sanctions on Rico (because he fought back).
On topic, Xiph made some memorable posts there (not really memorable in the good way, but it's horribly ancient IC stuff thus who the heck cares anymore?) I digress too much though.
My opinion of Xiph as a poster improved greatly since those times, anyway.

Captain Marin is pretty bad.

TOLWYN was funny but terrible.

Yeah, I am sooo bad at posting because I do not know how to post because there is a right way to post and because I troll so fuckin much -_- . Maybe I was at PN/PT Forums but my posts here makes sense.