Good posters

jerdge

There are times when you read someone's post and you think "hey they're really making sense and they're contributing to the discussion: thumbs up!"
Sometimes you realize that it's not the first time that they make sense and that others find the post and the poster worthy.

For a live example of what I mean, see this post (and the replies Wally got for it):

Just going to throw this out there, R&R are one of CN's best recruiters if not THE best. TOP are very good at what they do too which is very much the high tier development. There's no right or wrong way to do this gig, if you pick your approach and you do it well you will succeed as I would suggest both R&R and TOP have done for their respective approaches. Without getting into the nuts and bolts of it R&R are very effective at drawing the pro's while minimising the cons of a heavy recruiting focus, you cant ask for more then that really. Take a plan and identify the strength in it and push it to the limit.

So here we are: let's tell us, who are the forum users that you think (mostly) make sense and whose posts you generally enjoy reading?

A few caveats:
1. They don't need to be all of and only your allies. C'mon this is OOC...
2. Style is important, but so is content.
3. What about that unknown one that you consider underrated?
4. Links/pics please.

(We always need some thread to get the positive and the best out of ourselves every now and then. Here we are no need to thank me. :) )

Edited by jerdge

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few caveats:
1. They don't need to be all of and only your allies. C'mon this is OOC...
2. Style is important, but so is content.
3. What about that unknown one that you consider underrated?
4. Links/pics please.

1. Schatenmann (I can't spell his name right.... it's impossible).

2. He has both good style and good content. I do specially remember his "This week in ________ ". The whole of CN was reading those threads with interest, no matter which one was your faction... and even his enemies were proud of themselves when they managed to be featured there. It was somehow a honor.

The times of his struggle against the NPO can easily be called "The Golden Age of CN".... and it's simplly because he was creating those threads.

3. He created the most important "news agency" of CN... and it became his trademark. Each time someone posts something leaked, the thread this person creates will be compared to Schateman's threads.

4. Picture...
bela.jpg

Edited by zoskia

Master Hakai makes me laugh just about every other day, definitely a good poster, keep it up bro. :)

Hey man I appreciate that, I didn't know anyone actually reads what I post emot-buddy.gif every other day is pretty good, because I don't even think I post that often. It's a miracle!

As far as I know, the best poster around is the guy with the spiderman avatar, at least I think it's spiderman. Whoever talked about meth being bad and then did a picture of fried chicken, that was awesome.

That's an example of a "good" post, not a good poster.

I actually agree with Potato here. I in fact post plenty of junk, but still I appreciate the thought Jerdge so thank you. :)

If I'm going to throw just one name out it would have to be Schatt. Love him or hate him.

As far as posters I love to read, I'd also throw in the likes of Ardus, Hakai, Dajobo, WarriorConcept, Starfox and from the neutrality corner clearly yourself Jerdge. During Wartime my single favourite to follow around is definitely D45th though, he often goes off and gets busy with photoshop to add some visuals to his posts while trying to drive up a hot debate between the sides, normally gets a smile from me I will say. Sure many will call him an awful poster but during the war cycle you have to admit this place would be boring without his contribution.   

Well, there are comedic posters that I enjoy, and then there are the serious posters that I enjoy. But the funniest would be Hakai, and Chief Savage Man. My others favorites would be Schatt, Doitzel, ChairmanHal, Ardus, Feanor, Bob (Penlugue Solaris or whatever it is these days), Grub, Fallen Fool, Moridin, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

It's pretty bad we even need a topic to highlight the good posters from the rest of the filth.

Wouldn't it actually be a good if you cannot immediately see good posters from the rest?

Or... are you implying EVERYONE here are bad posters and thus no one can tell ;)

this thread is p. garbage imo

You're just mad cause of your lack of recognition in this thread IMO :P I don't think you're bad btw.

Wouldn't it actually be a good if you cannot immediately see good posters from the rest?

Or... are you implying EVERYONE here are bad posters and thus no one can tell ;)

The way I see it, almost everyone here is "mediocre" with a few great and a few awful. But I'm no doctor!

When compared to me, everyone is a bad poster in comparison. Does that make me a good poster? No, it makes me a poster of such a great magnitude "good" can not even begin to describe it. Whether someone is a good poster is relative to what we consider a bad poster, so with so many bad posters even an average poster can seem great in comparison to most on here. Even Master Hakai is a good poster compared to many on here.

When compared to me, everyone is a bad poster in comparison. Does that make me a good poster? No, it makes me a poster of such a great magnitude "good" can not even begin to describe it. Whether someone is a good poster is relative to what we consider a bad poster, so with so many bad posters even an average poster can seem great in comparison to most on here. Even Master Hakai is a good poster compared to many on here.

You won a nomination: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/118173-best-bad-posters/#entry3161729 :P