Britainnia Rises

Mergerberger II

[center]

[size=18][b]Britannia Rises[/b][/size][/center]

The island of Britain had been without an independent government for some time. And while the Athenian government did a fine job of governing the isle, the people craved self-rule. When the motion came up for a vote, the people turned out in droves and voted overwhelmingly - 97% - in favor of independence from Athens.

Then came the difficult part: selecting a leader. There were many candidates, and already parties were forming, from the Fascists to the Communists. But of all the candidates, there were only three with a legitimate chance to win. They were Jeremy Clarkson of the Conservative Party, who some accused of having fascist tendencies; Richard Hammond of the Centrist Party, who some accused of being dumb; and James May of the Liberal Party, who most accused of being slow.

The election went off for the most part without a hitch, which political commentators attributed to most British people being notoriously polite queuers. And because none of the candidates achieved a majority, they did another election with only the aforementioned candidates, because they were the top three vote-getting candidates. In the run-off election, Jeremy Clarkson was the top vote-getter, and although he didn't achieve a majority, he was selected as Prime Minister anyway, because everyone figured it was better to stop with these ridiculous elections.

He later delivered a rather short speech to the House of Commons, "People of Great Britain, thank you for putting your faith in me as your Prime Minister, I swear to faithfully and to the best of my ability execute the office to which you've elected me. I will preserve the freedom, liberty, and above all else, the security of this great country. Thank you."

tl;dr I'm back. and i'm great britain

Nordboerne Kongedømme extends full recognition to Great Britain and wishes it well with its future.

Britain thanks the country with the hard name to type.

The Zambian federal republic recognizes Britain and extends an offer to open an embassy in Lusaka

Britain thanks Zambia and accepts the offer to open the embassy in Lusaka. We also extend the same offer to Zambia in London.

Prussia welcomes an independent Great Britain back to the world and invites her to establish a diplomatic presence in Königsberg.

Britain thanks Prussia for their recognition and accepts the offer. We also invite Prussia to do the same in London.

The Republic of California extends its recognition to Great Britain, and congratulates Prime Minister Clarkson on his victory.

Britain thanks California for its recognition and would like to convey Prime Minister Clarkson's personal thanks.

Im liking the absence of the Irish representation in that flag. Stay classy.

(Im not RPing)

OOC: I had to use the flag from 1707-1801. The same flag as when the American Revolution was taking place.  :ehm:

"In the hallowed words of Mr. Clarkson... POWWAHHHHHH!!!  Congrats on winning the rat race and to the contenders, 'Losers'."

- Hudson Bay Ministry of Foreign Affairs Statement

OOC: I'm glad someone got that reference.

" The Irish Republic welcomes Great Britain to the internatioanl stage. May your nation prosper and don't go colonising anyone."

- An tUachtarain, Conchúr Ó Dhonnaile

We assure Ireland that we have absolutely no plans for colonization.