From Across a Crowded Room

While Magicninja is completely entitled to his opinions and sharing them openly, I can confirm that he does not speak for GATO and I will assure you that he will say the same thing.

Moving on, congratulations to our allies in TPF on their new treaty and friendship.

And there goes our only hope to get some fireworks...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want to know is how you justify the continued existence of a treaty with TPF when you're publicly, zealously dedicated to the destruction of another of TPF's allies. How does TPF tolerate it? I suppose TPF could share Schatt's conviction that you'd never actually do anything about it, but beyond that this appears to be an irreconcilable conflict.

Like I said, TPF knew before they signed this. So, they must either be willing to put up with it or plan on cancelling on us soon. Either way it doesn't factor in to whether or not I want to destroy CoJ. I don't care if they have a treaty with Polaris...just a nice grouping. I don't care how close they are to AI...hell aren't we as close or even closer.... I don't care if they sign a low level treaty with an ally....hell I don't care if they MADP ODN or TLR or INT.....I will be looking to their destruction until I get it....and I will. No matter how long it takes. Schatt wanted to play....we'll play.

That said...No, I do not speak for GATO..... I am just a member of Congress who has the voting power to go to war but only the AC can ask for us to vote on it. However, I know there is more than enough public sentiment to rally for a war against CoJ if the opportunity ever presented itself. Hell, even I had to talk some people down after Schatt posted his screenshots of the GATO forums. So, I may not speak for GATO but don't think I'm the only one with a fervent hate where CoJ is concerned.

Like I said, TPF knew before they signed this. So, they must either be willing to put up with it or plan on cancelling on us soon. Either way it doesn't factor in to whether or not I want to destroy CoJ. I don't care if they have a treaty with Polaris...just a nice grouping. I don't care how close they are to AI...hell aren't we as close or even closer.... I don't care if they sign a low level treaty with an ally....hell I don't care if they MADP ODN or TLR or INT.....I will be looking to their destruction until I get it....and I will. No matter how long it takes. Schatt wanted to play....we'll play.

That said...No, I do not speak for GATO..... I am just a member of Congress who has the voting power to go to war but only the AC can ask for us to vote on it. However, I know there is more than enough public sentiment to rally for a war against CoJ if the opportunity ever presented itself. Hell, even I had to talk some people down after Schatt posted his screenshots of the GATO forums. So, I may not speak for GATO but don't think I'm the only one with a fervent hate where CoJ is concerned.

Considering Schatt's "shenanigans" were designed to get a rise out of you, I'm not sure if swearing some kind of blood oath with a supremacy clause against us is really doing you any favors. But hey, do you what you've got to do. We'll be here waiting if you ever make the jump from impotent rage to military action.

We all have personal grudges here and there and sometimes we take it out on those who have wronged us with force, nothing really wrong with that.  If it has the potential of causing a  huge global incident however, then I feel that there's a big problem there that needs to be extinguished before that happens.  There's a few people out there that have caused me a lot of problems in the past, but I "settled the score" and moved on, happens to us all at some point really.  I am somewhat knowledgeable with how GATO's government works so I know there's no real cause for alarm there and I was once one of Schatt's worst enemies as well but we've settled that and moved on since then.  

Like I said, TPF knew before they signed this. So, they must either be willing to put up with it or plan on cancelling on us soon. Either way it doesn't factor in to whether or not I want to destroy CoJ. I don't care if they have a treaty with Polaris...just a nice grouping. I don't care how close they are to AI...hell aren't we as close or even closer.... I don't care if they sign a low level treaty with an ally....hell I don't care if they MADP ODN or TLR or INT.....I will be looking to their destruction until I get it....and I will. No matter how long it takes. Schatt wanted to play....we'll play.That said...No, I do not speak for GATO..... I am just a member of Congress who has the voting power to go to war but only the AC can ask for us to vote on it. However, I know there is more than enough public sentiment to rally for a war against CoJ if the opportunity ever presented itself. Hell, even I had to talk some people down after Schatt posted his screenshots of the GATO forums. So, I may not speak for GATO but don't think I'm the only one with a fervent hate where CoJ is concerned.

Threats based off of demonstrated ability is one thing. Threats based off of continued hot air is another. In my 5 years here, I have yet to see what GATO brings to the table and yet I applaud the great General Majicninna's attempt at comedy relief.

May the paper mâché volcano that we know the GATO military machine to be erupt with the force of 100 boxes of baking soda and food coloring (optional).

Dumbass.

[OOC]Sometimes my mom gets worked up over things in the past, and I'll tell you the same thing I tell her[/OOC]

You'll live longer if you just forget about things/don't get so worked up. I've been around as long as just about anybody, longer then most, and it takes up too much time to contemplate the past, but that's just my personal advice. Edited by memoryproblems

We all have personal grudges here and there and sometimes we take it out on those who have wronged us with force, nothing really wrong with that.  If it has the potential of causing a  huge global incident however, then I feel that there's a big problem there that needs to be extinguished before that happens.  There's a few people out there that have caused me a lot of problems in the past, but I "settled the score" and moved on, happens to us all at some point really.  I am somewhat knowledgeable with how GATO's government works so I know there's no real cause for alarm there and I was once one of Schatt's worst enemies as well but we've settled that and moved on since then.

Certainly. Which is why I said if I get the opportunity. I'm sure CoJ won't give us a reason. I'll likely have to wait until a global war does break out where we are on opposing sides and then put is in the spot to be the ones to engage them. Would I like if they gave us a reason besides my dislike? Absolutely...but even Schatt isn't that stupid. I'll bide my time and I'll get what I want. Then...maybe we can put the past behind us until then I'm not done with them.

I'll likely have to wait until a global war does break out where we are on opposing sides and then put is in the spot to be the ones to engage them. Would I like if they gave us a reason besides my dislike? Absolutely...but even Schatt isn't that stupid. I'll bide my time and I'll get what I want. Then...maybe we can put the past behind us until then I'm not done with them.

Talk about having a self superiority complex.

Smh this thread
Ya know schatt I was pretty po'd when I found out about those leaks, but I forgive ya
Drop by #gato coj I wanna know my allies friends a little better

Ah, so there ARE rational beings in GATO. I'll make it a point to drop by this weekend. ;)

Well, you're going to have to saw through Polar to get to CoJ. Then, you're going to have to saw through Polars allies as well. Not to mention, CoJ is no pushover itself and has very skilled Political leaders. You're not exactly in a position to be barking like this, but good luck. Seems like a bit too tall of a task for you, and I'm sure in about two months you'll have forgotten about this crusade, and hoping the rest of us forgot as well.

Of course, we can't and don't blame MagicNinja for his anger; however, we are equally bound to point out that both his person and the general memberhsip had a period of months to shout, shout, let it all out between their surrender to CoJ and CoJ's obtaining a treaty with Polaris.  Prior to that, of course, you had Confederatio AEsir to contend with, and therefore a gamble on Anarchy Inc., but the fact remains the field was more than open.

But, here we are again, hearing stories about how bad MagicNinja is going wreck something/someone, but not seeing it.

As for everyone else in GATO, I'm a prophet and a politician.  GATO was on the wrong side of a war from CoJ and you got what you got.  Now we're not at war, and we share an ally, and I won't pretend that makes us allies or even friends, but as far as I'm concered the past is the past, and that's how Justitia's Cult has always operated and will always operate.  Justitia's Cult put it all on the line to bring NPO into Red Dawn just 2 months after I left Vox Populi; Polaris once PZIed me and now we're allied; HeroofTime and I once tried to have each other banned, and for a long time 64Digits was our only ally. 

I'm having a little fun with Magic, here, but GATO is far from being a nemesis for CoJ from CoJ's perspective.  I hope MagicNinja doesn't speak for GATO, and when I'm speaking to MagicNinja I don't consider myself to necessarily be speaking to GATO.

I will say Schatt, we both have done a hell of a job of moving past old grudges. If only others around here could do the same. Refreshing the political spectrum every now and then is almost a necessity to keep things interesting.

We all have personal grudges here and there and sometimes we take it out on those who have wronged us with force, nothing really wrong with that.  If it has the potential of causing a huge global incident however, then I feel that there's a big problem there that needs to be extinguished before that happens.

But where's the fun in that? Personally I prefer my grudges to turn into huge global incidents.

But where's the fun in that? Personally I prefer my grudges to turn into huge global incidents.

You know, the bad part about this is that no one has stopped you yet. History does repeat itself.

This statement contradicts itself.

You're reading wrong then. :P

Well, you're going to have to saw through Polar to get to CoJ. Then, you're going to have to saw through Polars allies as well. Not to mention, CoJ is no pushover itself and has very skilled Political leaders. You're not exactly in a position to be barking like this, but good luck. Seems like a bit too tall of a task for you, and I'm sure in about two months you'll have forgotten about this crusade, and hoping the rest of us forgot as well.

I will say Schatt, we both have done a hell of a job of moving past old grudges. If only others around here could do the same. Refreshing the political spectrum every now and then is almost a necessity to keep things interesting.

Now you're just making it more tempting...CoJ, Polar, AND Polar's allies.....ffs man don't stop...tell me....who else? Lol Tall order.....Alone, maybe, but you seem to think that there aren't people we're tied to even a few out that won't like a shot at any of those people. Not in any position...hell between CnG's ties and our Pacifica ties if ( I did say if) CoJ gave us a good reason where we could convince those two camps it would be a slaughter....even with the vaunted Polar and her allies in CoJ's corner. Of course, Schatt knows so it's a long shot but I'm willing to wait as long as I need to.

I've gotten past plenty of old grudges. Most recently the grudge I had with SF/XX....this is a new grudge.

Now you're just making it more tempting...CoJ, Polar, AND Polar's allies.....ffs man don't stop...tell me....who else? Lol Tall order.....Alone, maybe, but you seem to think that there aren't people we're tied to even a few out that won't like a shot at any of those people. Not in any position...hell between CnG's ties and our Pacifica ties if ( I did say if) CoJ gave us a good reason where we could convince those two camps it would be a slaughter....even with the vaunted Polar and her allies in CoJ's corner. Of course, Schatt knows so it's a long shot but I'm willing to wait as long as I need to.

I've gotten past plenty of old grudges. Most recently the grudge I had with SF/XX....this is a new grudge.

You've outright stated your intention of destroying CoJ. You hold defensive treaties with those alliances. Being that CoJ will not give you a perfect reason to hit them, this little fantasy is nothing but that. Though, I'm sure they would be very happy to hear that their alliances are essentially being offered up in your grand plan to destroy CoJ. You really truly are a Napoleon. Little man trying to make it big. But I invite you to march on Polar's winter.

Anyway, you sound like a backroom rat talking about uniting a coalition against them. Handle grudges yourself, instead of using treaties for everything.