From Across a Crowded Room

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just say what you have to say magicninja, there's no reason to mollycoddle us.  Your innuendo doesn't make you more clever than whatever it refers to.  Nor does that referent have any relation to our foreign policy.  If you think that we sign treaties because we have an unwaivering faith that no member (gov or not) of our allied alliances is going to say mean things about us, then you are as much an idiot as you take us to be.  We do things that make people say mean things about us.  We sign treaties because we believe that our allies share common goals with us, not because we lie awake at night hoping they'll ask us to the prom.

Then again, maybe I'm a fool and you have some super secret intel that will undermine our foreign policy and all of the sudden make us a vulnerable target... oh, wait... the sky is blue either way isn't it...

It's no secret that Schatt is the scum of Bob. If I get a shot at CoJ I'm taking it. Yes that's a threat...yes I don't care how weak the reasoning. At this point your continued existence is enough for me.That you signed with an ally of mine has zero bearing. All I was doing was making a joke with Roadie but whatever.

It's no secret that Schatt is the scum of Bob. If I get a shot at CoJ I'm taking it. Yes that's a threat...yes I don't care how weak the reasoning. At this point your continued existence is enough for me.That you signed with an ally of mine has zero bearing. All I was doing was making a joke with Roadie but whatever.

Before make threats you need to make your nations follow your orders and leave peace mode.  :v:

Just when I thought my day was completely sucking you gave me a reason to laugh. Thank you.

Well, if Schatt likes TPF then they are alright in my book.

Times continue to change.

You might be waiting quite a while for that shot. Don't think GATO has ever been one to seize the moment, and I'll likely never be proven wrong.

Edited by Starfox101

Perhaps Starfox, but if you knew GATO history..you'd know we just had back to back former MoD's elected AC. With the way things have been going around this place the last few months we may have to just surprise some people if only for the look on their faces.

Perhaps Starfox, but if you knew GATO history..you'd know we just had back to back former MoD's elected AC. With the way things have been going around this place the last few months we may have to just surprise some people if only for the look on their faces.

I for one would love to see you in charge of GATO. No irony here.

Talk is cheap. I'm just going by history. GATO is a very slow moving alliance that has always been reactionary. I don't see things changing, and I don't see anything else going over well with the common population.

Hey, bub,

schatt_s.gif

Justitia's Cult looks forward to seeing the GATO war machine in action soon.  A friend of TPF is a friendly of CoJ's.

It's no secret that Schatt is the scum of Bob. If I get a shot at CoJ I'm taking it. Yes that's a threat...yes I don't care how weak the reasoning. At this point your continued existence is enough for me. That you signed with an ally of mine has zero bearing. All I was doing was making a joke with Roadie but whatever.

I would argue it should and, in fact, it does.

stuff

GATO's membership should apply pure democracy to whether you post things...

Nonsense aside, we are very happy to move foreward with our friends in TPF, even if that means we end up forgiving any excessively punitive measures when MN loses it for good and goes rogue on Schatt, as Schatt's continued existence seems to warrant, according to MN.

I would argue it should and, in fact, it does.

Not from where I'm standing. I still would love to roll on CoJ as much as I did before this. Considering how Schatt has targeted GATO for his shenanigans it won't take much to spark the general membership to the idea of destroying them, regardless of this treaty. Roadie and TPF knew how we felt before signing this so they shouldn't be surprised when it happens.

Not from where I'm standing. I still would love to roll on CoJ as much as I did before this. Considering how Schatt has targeted GATO for his shenanigans it won't take much to spark the general membership to the idea of destroying them, regardless of this treaty. Roadie and TPF knew how we felt before signing this so they shouldn't be surprised when it happens.

Of course, we can't and don't blame MagicNinja for his anger; however, we are equally bound to point out that both his person and the general memberhsip had a period of months to shout, shout, let it all out between their surrender to CoJ and CoJ's obtaining a treaty with Polaris.  Prior to that, of course, you had Confederatio AEsir to contend with, and therefore a gamble on Anarchy Inc., but the fact remains the field was more than open.

But, here we are again, hearing stories about how bad MagicNinja is going wreck something/someone, but not seeing it.

As for everyone else in GATO, I'm a prophet and a politician.  GATO was on the wrong side of a war from CoJ and you got what you got.  Now we're not at war, and we share an ally, and I won't pretend that makes us allies or even friends, but as far as I'm concered the past is the past, and that's how Justitia's Cult has always operated and will always operate.  Justitia's Cult put it all on the line to bring NPO into Red Dawn just 2 months after I left Vox Populi; Polaris once PZIed me and now we're allied; HeroofTime and I once tried to have each other banned, and for a long time 64Digits was our only ally. 

I'm having a little fun with Magic, here, but GATO is far from being a nemesis for CoJ from CoJ's perspective.  I hope MagicNinja doesn't speak for GATO, and when I'm speaking to MagicNinja I don't consider myself to necessarily be speaking to GATO.

What I want to know is how you justify the continued existence of a treaty with TPF when you're publicly, zealously dedicated to the destruction of another of TPF's allies. How does TPF tolerate it? I suppose TPF could share Schatt's conviction that you'd never actually do anything about it, but beyond that this appears to be an irreconcilable conflict.

I hope MagicNinja doesn't speak for GATO, and when I'm speaking to MagicNinja I don't consider myself to necessarily be speaking to GATO.

While Magicninja is completely entitled to his opinions and sharing them openly, I can confirm that he does not speak for GATO and I will assure you that he will say the same thing.

Moving on, congratulations to our allies in TPF on their new treaty and friendship.