General Cheating

Certain rules have been made in this game to stop people from cheating. Spy slot filling, war slot filling, aid slot filling in SE, etc. etc. I hate that cheating crap and whatever can be done to avoid it, I'm all for it. There's going to be a lot cheating concerning the new rules, and we should plan for dealing with it NOW as much as possible. In admin's thread in the other forum, both Inst and I have brought up examples of what could be considered cheating in some circumstances. There are others.

Some questions.

1. In the past, nations that could nuke an opposing nation - but don't - can at times, especially if the flag is at stake, be punished for war-slot filling. How can this be adapted with the R26 changes, for nations trying for the new prizes?

2. There's a lot of cheating that people get away with already in CN. For example, if in a basketball game, intentionally playing badly so the other team wins is something that's rather frowned upon usually. If it's done at the college or pro levels, you not only get kicked out of the sport, you get charges brought up against you and you end up in prison - and as well you should. Do I wish the latter for nations that do it in TE? No. But the former, should nations that do this kind of thing within game play be kicked out of the game? Maybe so. Are there ways of doing it?

Will people try to crap on other people using this?

Are there rules that need to be made now to avoid people from being buttheads?

--

Lotta weasels in the world of Steve. Let's try some pro-active pest control if we can?

I'm sure there's lots more beyond just this stuff I mentioned.

Certain rules have been made in this game to stop people from cheating. Spy slot filling, war slot filling, aid slot filling in SE, etc. etc. I hate that cheating crap and whatever can be done to avoid it, I'm all for it. There's going to be a lot cheating concerning the new rules, and we should plan for dealing with it NOW as much as possible. In admin's thread in the other forum, both Inst and I have brought up examples of what could be considered cheating in some circumstances. There are others.

Some questions.

1. In the past, nations that could nuke an opposing nation - but don't - can at times, especially if the flag is at stake, be punished for war-slot filling. How can this be adapted with the R26 changes, for nations trying for the new prizes?

2. There's a lot of cheating that people get away with already in CN. For example, if in a basketball game, intentionally playing badly so the other team wins is something that's rather frowned upon usually. If it's done at the college or pro levels, you not only get kicked out of the sport, you get charges brought up against you and you end up in prison - and as well you should. Do I wish the latter for nations that do it in TE? No. But the former, should nations that do this kind of thing within game play be kicked out of the game? Maybe so. Are there ways of doing it?

Will people try to crap on other people using this?

Are there rules that need to be made now to avoid people from being buttheads?

--

Lotta weasels in the world of Steve. Let's try some pro-active pest control if we can?

I'm sure there's lots more beyond just this stuff I mentioned.

How do you know if they could have nuked the person though. You can never actually call that war slot filling because what if the person went inactive and had an RL problem, forgot to nuke the person (I've done it in SE) or just plain out thought another person on them was nuking and didn't even go to the screen. 

One of the issues is also reverse war slot filling.

Let's say, I hate this guy, so I deploy a guy with the intent of framing him for war-slot filling.

This is literally the best rogue ever, because I don't have to do jack and I completely neutralize his chances for a conventional flag run by getting him deleted / banned.

How often are the existing rules enforced, though? I'm not aware of many instances despite some blatant violations, such as in-alliance spying.