Automated Recruiting Messages

Now I know many may not like this idea but it's a nice perk to have, especially for Admin. Admin can charge say, $5-$50 or some amount like that (RL money for those who haven't caught on yet) for an alliance leader to upload their own unique message that gets sent out to newly created nations. Each message would/should be screened before being applied to action to prevent certain...unsavory people from uploading graphic or shocking content.

This would be a nice incentive for admin to keep TE going, and a great incentive to bring over to CN:SE even (hopefully) as it will increase the flow of money to him to keep the game up and running smoothly. New servers, new updates, as well as to help with game retention of new players.

The amount shouldn't be set too high so as to push potential customers of the perk away, but also shouldn't be too low to allow for everyone and their mother to buy and place so much strain on the servers.

Maybe even have it expire every 30 days or so and needing to be paid again after each expiration.

Btw, obviously if this was done in TE the cost should be a significantly lower than if it were to be implemented in CN:SE due to logistic, but I think it does have potential.

What do you guys think? I know money doesn't solve everything, but it may be a nice addition for those who are tired of spamming out those recruitment messages themselves. It opens up plenty of free time for those who would normally be stuck doing this giving them an incentive to pay into the program and thus, pay into game maintenance.

(for those big big spenders, maybe the messages could display the actual alliance's flag as well?)

I personally prefer a system where those who are willing to put the time in have a competitive advantage in the recruiting market.  One of the major problems I think leading to the massive decrease in players, is the lack of commitment.  Even among those that are still playing, the vast majority in my experience log in enough to pay bills and collect taxes, and maybe do a little building every once in a while.  Organized and active alliances should have an advantage in bringing in new members, because it puts new members into the more active, rather than less active cultures.

A good idea for augmenting the cash flow. Perhaps the messages would have to be very short, though, to make it less cumbersome for new players to read through them all. I don't see anything wrong with it.

I understand the thinking behind this idea, but wouldn't a new player just get turned off by being flooded with recruiting messages? I think that could render the value of making such a purchase almost worthless eventually.

Maybe it would be more useful if such a paid message could be distributed widely through SE? There is a much deeper pool there--increasing the chance that someone takes the plunge in TE  :D

I play another game that implemented this system. When a new nation was created, it was inundated with recruitment messages. (Once I got flooded and my inbox was too full to receive all of them) The system didn't really help anybody. The region (sort of like this games alliances) I was in had a lot of new arrivals at the start since one of our members bought the Mass Messaging stamps less than a week after they debuted; however, our growth topped off as more and more people bought these stamps. If Admin was to implement this, I have a feeling somebody who has a bit of cash could create an alliance and see it grow exponentially while the larger alliances don't experience much growth.

Edited by Kael Istari TTE

thats of course assuming every single alliance buys the feature. I'm also assuming that the game you are referring to is larger than CN as well?

in said game, was it a you buy it once and you're good or buy it and buy it again and again? I wouldnt say that it would be a difference in growth between large alliances and small. they both are recruiting from the same pool. Its all about if their messages and alliances appeal greater the recruit