DA damage and mechanics, trade mechanics

Ignore trade mechanics in topic title, I had an idea but thought it would destroy the spirit of TE.

(I do realize suggestions allow me to mold TE into the game *I* think it should be, not necessarily the game you/admin thinks it should be. My vision for TE is where nations can be fully destroyed by a group of willing, coordinated, and competent attackers, and rapidly rebuild as well.)

Currently, the rules for a defeat alert is something like you have to have >95% attacking odds, and also the target can't have been nuked today, been GA'd by you, some possibly some other factors that I don't recall at this particular moment.

Suggestion:

You take a DA once someone has >95% odds on you, unless you have been nuked and haven't rebought soldiers since the nuke

#2: DA damage is flat, and pretty low

Suggestion: Linearly increase DA damage with # of consecutive DAs taken, so the first DA you take does 40 infra/600k/some tech and spies, the second DA you take in a row does 80 infra/1.2m/more tech&spies, etc. (To more severely punish turtlers).

#3: Navy takes forever to wreck

... seriously on this one, 100 ship navies slugging out might as well as never end. I don't know what mechanics would be better though. Maybe each naval attack allows up to say, 5% loss of total navy strength, and have ship loss be randomly distributed? Currently, ships are wrecked from weakest to strongest, and even in a 3v1 when everyone piles navy actions on one guy, you'd be lucky to knock out his battleships by the time the war is over.

Edited by Therm

That's how navies are supposed to work. They're enormous cash-sinks designed to provide additional NS.

If you want to wipe out an opponent's navy, either stop that opponent from accumulating a large navy by hitting him early, or use a rogue to conduct skirmishing actions and blow his navy up early, then deploy 3 attackers with vast naval superiority to wreck the opponent.

Navies in TE suck though except for adding NS. To counter them all you need to do is sell land. They should have more options for attacking but also be destroyed in naval battles quicker.

Maybe tie naval performance to infra. It stands to reason as a nations infra is reduced so to is its ability to rearm, repair, and refuel its navy. The Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor seriously reduced the US's naval capabilities until the damage was repaired. It would also encourage navy buying at higher lvls if it had more destructive capabilities.

Edited by paul711

In SE as well as TE navies are primarily cash sinks and NS inflators. We saw this to a great extent last war in SE, where naval warfare was actually critical because eQ killzones were below Competence killzones and eQ wanted to drag down Competence nations. Naval warfare, to my great surprise, became critical.