TOP has a leak

D34th

Not with the same life-consuming intensity, but still playing them, to be sure. It's a much happier existence.

Hah. Whether I like your moves or not, I miss you being prominent in politics, Xiph. You sure are a polarizing character.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're pretty sure we have fixed it after removing two accounts, one being a backdoor. However, the only sure way to fix it will be to have our forum host make sure it is. And that will have to wait, yes. I'm not sure it's that funny but hey, schadenfreude is always a welcome relief I suppose.

As usual, you seem to think of us as evil masterminds/imperialists. We refer to a possible 'Platysphere', not as a sphere we would dominate but as a sphere of people we hoped to call our allies. We've always had a smaller group of allies that we called a Platysphere, it dates back to the politics of 2007. This is nothing new.

That is rich. 

I didn't think I'd have to specify this but here it goes:

The only new thing is how some people seem to selectively attach a lot of importance to what is being said in some posts and not to others, of seemingly equal value. Incase you have missed it, virtually all of the posts that were leaked were from our Chancellery. Over twenty-five Paradoxians talk in that hall. That's where we debate our FA future, short and long term goals. Many of the posts you see here are not policy, in fact they run contrary to what we have decided to do. Why? Because we generally talk about all possible scenarios, talk about the pros and the cons openly and set on a course. Some of those posts are members advocating one thing. Others contradict that. Many more others, never leaked, paint a different picture.

What seems to be the shocker, to me, is that some alliances don't actually have that kind of debate among themselves or seem to think their private posts, if selectively exposed, would be all nice and dandy.

Good luck getting those AA's as allies.  

We were always counting on your full throated support of us. keep up the good work ;)

That aside, disappointed I didn't get quoted :( 

What about pictures of Tyga in lengerei?

I'd sell my unconquerable soul for that.

I'll join STA and in two weeks reveal Tyga's real weight.

Impossible, it's like trying to put a price in Mona Lisa.

It's amazing how much D34th seems to care about our leak. :)

I just wanted to share with people this interesting reading in these boring times. Also, is TOP accepting anyone nowadays? I mean, you, alyster... I think I'll apply.

Hah. Whether I like your moves or not, I miss you being prominent in politics, Xiph. You sure are a polarizing character.

[OOC] If I had the 40 hours to drop on CN every week at this point, I'd be happy to do so. I really love this game. It just isn't in the cards. That said, I'm here for the long haul and a lot of my time freed up this week for the immediate future. [/OOC]

The analysis isn't that shocking to a lot of people but it's still fun to read the way other people phrase things.

Edited by Xiphosis

Are you saying you don't love me?

You're not Lord though.

There's reconciling and there's non-mutually-exclusive.  Two very different things.

Though, perhaps I'm blinded by my perpetual desire to some day again be aligned to Viridia. *shrug*

Sure, but as said on our embassy, you got the wrong retirement in the wrong alliance for some kind of "reconciliation" or "non-mutually-exclusitivity" to happen.

[OOC] If I had the 40 hours to drop on CN every week at this point, I'd be happy to do so. I really love this game. It just isn't in the cards. That said, I'm here for the long haul and a lot of my time freed up this week for the immediate future. [/OOC]

The analysis isn't that shocking to a lot of people but it's still fun to read the way other people phrase things.

I miss making a boogeyman of you too  :mellow:

Edited by KainIIIC

Interesting read, almost makes me want to find some relevant alliance to join.  Almost.

It's obviously Ardus. All of his agendas get leaked. All of them.

Thanks D34th. This is a much better place to discuss our plans to take over the world.

Well, they are entertaining, so by all means - continue to share. 

I do hope that in the long run some serious drama results out of this in TOP "doing something" about it.  Otherwise you might as well start discussing your plans on the OWF ;)

We're pretty sure we have fixed it after removing two accounts, one being a backdoor. However, the only sure way to fix it will be to have our forum host make sure it is. And that will have to wait, yes. I'm not sure it's that funny but hey, schadenfreude is always a welcome relief I suppose.

As usual, you seem to think of us as evil masterminds/imperialists. We refer to a possible 'Platysphere', not as a sphere we would dominate but as a sphere of people we hoped to call our allies. We've always had a smaller group of allies that we called a Platysphere, it dates back to the politics of 2007. This is nothing new.

Well, seems like this info was acquired by less honest means than good old fashioned spying. I can't condone that. Sorry to hear that.

On to the next part though, you killed me. Who names a sphere of allies after themselves, creates all these plans for them, then claims they don't wish to dominate that sphere? Really? I know you are trying to save face with the people you hoped to control, but come on now. Nothing worse than a snake that can't even be straight up about it.

That is rich. 

If a certain further leak is to be believed, you guys are signing with DoD which is firmly in the "Platysphere", so I guess their plan is somewhat working :D

Yes, because all oDoAP's are inherently sphere building tools and everyone loses their chance to make decisions for themselves after signing them.

Yes, because all oDoAP's are inherently sphere building tools and everyone loses their chance to make decisions for themselves after signing them.

We both know what oDoAP's are and what they can do, that being said I am not against the move, just pointing out that TOP is very happy about that treaty :D

TOP is very happy whenever any of our friends and allies make new friends and allies.  You know, like anybody should be.

Or am I wrong?  Did NATO get upset when NPO and ODN signed with one another?

If a certain further leak is to be believed, you guys are signing with DoD which is firmly in the "Platysphere", so I guess their plan is somewhat working :D

We are pulling DoD away from Toposphere. 

We are pulling DoD away from Toposphere. 

why you gotta be all hostile like that

being mean is bad for you health, raises your blood pressure

should learn to relax and smile smile smile like me

I'm more skeptical than most, but something being done that has a tangential effect of making TOP happy doesn't 'xactly mean TOP are pulling the strings.

why you gotta be all hostile like that

being mean is bad for you health, raises your blood pressure

should learn to relax and smile smile smile like me

What makes you think that was mean?

What makes you think that was mean?

maybe I'm old fashioned but claiming to pull somebody away from somebody else is generally considered rude; after all I'm pretty sure we're getting heat here for wanting to do that a bit

or maybe you were being sarcastic, but I can never tell