TOP has a leak

D34th

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I finally shook off everyone thinking I was still in Polaris.. Took a couple of years but managed it. Now most still think I am either in DT or TIO...

Sorry, but you still look Agatean to me.thumbsup.gif

One of my favorite parts, by Centurius:

yAeQLiQ.png

More from TOP way of thinking, by Aesis:

kOiS2ds.png

This is more of the mentality that I warned about years ago. In the aftermath of an apocalyptic war in which tyranny is victorious over democracy, the number of nations continues to shrink. Many have left rather than be subjugated as Might Makes Right takes precedence over rhetoric and diplomacy, making CN into a one-dimensional war game. Small alliances and independent nations are continually attacked and leave the Planet rather than be forced with a choice of one aggressive dictatorship or another.

So what we are left with is aptly demonstrated above as roving gangs of barbarians squabble with each other over rubble, dust and bones in a barren, shrinking world.

MK trying to get as many of their members as they can into alliances they want to influence heavily isn't anything new, they did it with ODN among other alliances. It wouldn't surprise me if how this was leaked was MK moles showing the screens to the rest of MK to update them on the current TOP opinion of them, then from there it spread. TOP has taken in a lot of "former" MK members, which I don't think is a good idea. If they really believe these members are really no longer with MK or don't care, that is their call to make.

Although to me its seemed obvious for a while how MK has been able to have the level of control over politics they've had so far is by spreading some of their more active members out into alliances they want to influence, then having those members push extremely pro-MK policies. Through being highly active and consistent in what direction they want the alliance to take they can have a large effect on what decisions alliances make.

You do realize almost all of the current MK gov't did not start in MK, right? If anything MK is stealing members from alliances, not the other way around.

This is more of the mentality that I warned about years ago. In the aftermath of an apocalyptic war in which tyranny is victorious over democracy, the number of nations continues to shrink. Many have left rather than be subjugated as Might Makes Right takes precedence over rhetoric and diplomacy, making CN into a one-dimensional war game. Small alliances and independent nations are continually attacked and leave the Planet rather than be forced with a choice of one aggressive dictatorship or another.

So what we are left with is aptly demonstrated above as roving gangs of barbarians squabble with each other over rubble, dust and bones in a barren, shrinking world.

Meh. You don't really have a right to complain about the competition for power among alliances nowadays considering neither you nor your alliance even try to be a part of it.

Also, I literally have no idea what you mean with the whole "tyranny vs. democracy" thing. Aren't we the ones who attack and subjugate small alliances? But didn't we also lose the last war?

Meh. You don't really have a right to complain about the competition for power among alliances nowadays considering neither you nor your alliance even try to be a part of it.

As I said, we are now into the aftermath of a post-apocalyptic war that only now has bands of savages roving the countryside fighting over the remnants of a civilization that has long been destroyed.

I don't speak for my alliance, but for my part, I have no interest in participating in the "competition for power" amongst that lot and under those circumstances.

When I had time, I was more interested  negotiation, rhetoric -- and good role-play -- in which war was a risk, rather than the entire point as it is now. If that is the case, I have little to say. I will fight for my alliance if needed, that is all.

Also, I literally have no idea what you mean with the whole "tyranny vs.
democracy" thing. Aren't we the ones who attack and subjugate small
alliances? But didn't we also lose the last war?

In late '06-early '07, Pacifica and its allies decided to attempt to 'win' a "persistent" game that does not end. It was deemed that the alliances that set policy and select leadership via democratic means needed to be wiped out. At about the same time, wholesale war was declared upon the non-aligned, whom were previously largely left alone so long as they didn't start anyting. They were then faced with the choice of joining an alliance or being under constant attack.

I was compared to the main character of the Perils of Pauline at the time for warning of what has come to pass in spades.

In the immediate aftermath of the 2nd global war of that year, we lost more than half of our non-aligned and two entire major alliances with a combined total of 1,500 nations simply disappeared from the planet. Thousands more nations left with them, never to return. The current number of nations is little more than a quarter of what there were at the beginning of that war.

I warned that people would rather leave than be forced to participate in a world where Might Makes Right takes precedence over rhetoric and diplomacy. Some people don't want to participate in alliances at all and they would rather leave than be under constant attack because they won't join.

OOC/ Also, as a game, Cyber Nations does not have the graphics to be interesting to those seeking a pure war game /OOC

So the Planet continues to shrink as we fight over rags, sticks and stones.

Also, AFAIK I have never been on the same side in a war with TOP, only against.

As I said, we are now into the aftermath of a post-apocalyptic war that only now has bands of savages roving the countryside fighting over the remnants of a civilization that has long been destroyed.

I don't speak for my alliance, but for my part, I have no interest in participating in the "competition for power" amongst that lot and under those circumstances.

When I had time, I was more interested  negotiation, rhetoric -- and good role-play -- in which war was a risk, rather than the entire point as it is now. If that is the case, I have little to say. I will fight for my alliance if needed, that is all.

In late '06-early '07, Pacifica and its allies decided to attempt to 'win' a "persistent" game that does not end. It was deemed that the alliances that set policy and select leadership via democratic means needed to be wiped out. At about the same time, wholesale war was declared upon the non-aligned, whom were previously largely left alone so long as they didn't start anyting. They were then faced with the choice of joining an alliance or being under constant attack.

I was compared to the main character of the Perils of Pauline at the time for warning of what has come to pass in spades.

In the immediate aftermath of the 2nd global war of that year, we lost more than half of our non-aligned and two entire major alliances with a combined total of 1,500 nations simply disappeared from the planet. Thousands more nations left with them, never to return. The current number of nations is little more than a quarter of what there were at the beginning of that war.

I warned that people would rather leave than be forced to participate in a world where Might Makes Right takes precedence over rhetoric and diplomacy. Some people don't want to participate in alliances at all and they would rather leave than be under constant attack because they won't join.

OOC/ Also, as a game, Cyber Nations does not have the graphics to be interesting to those seeking a pure war game /OOC

So the Planet continues to shrink as we fight over rags, sticks and stones.

Also, AFAIK I have never been on the same side in a war with TOP, only against.

Meh, I think we have different perspectives on the same situation. Honestly, this planet's politics aren't radically different in structure from how they were in 2008 when I first came here, or in the years preceding that. The major difference was, rather, that there were a significantly larger number of characters who were interested in investing a lot of time and effort into the political maneuverings of the world. You yourself were one of them, as you mentioned.

But now, most of them are gone. I don't think that is because of the game world, or the fight between autocratic governments and democratic ones. Rather, I think it's because [OOC]the game mechanics are almost identical to how they were a few years ago, and that gets incredibly boring when the game mechanics weren't super exciting in the first place[/OOC]. Today, there are democratic and autocratic alliances on all sides and power spheres- the spheres aren't built upon ideology or government type.

Of course, this is an an aside. I'm glad that the leak is fixed and now we can get down to actual business without all you snooping on our forum posts, as exciting as they may be.

• 2 weeks later...