TOP has a leak

D34th

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Platysphere is just catchy name we use(d) for an idea on the drawing board.

But hey, don't let me stop your amusing mixture of wild speculation and assuming that we're a bunch of slimy malicious plotters that would happily see Digiterra burn if we can be kings of the ashes...to be fair, we'll happily burn Digiterra to the ground if we can be kings of the ashes, but aside from that, we're generally nice people.

Seeing the wild speculation and members inputting their thoughts regarding both allies and non-allies, as well as where the alliance should go next reminds me of the Citadel days and I think is a sign of a healthy alliance.

I agree TOP are generally nice people, although if TOP remaining in power means not so good people remain in power, then that can cause the stigma of your allies to make many not want to see you rise. Mainly its Doom House people are sick of and want to see overthrown, but I don't think many have a problem with TOP themselves.

If you went your separate ways with Doom House, then I think that could open possibilities of strengthening relations with Duckroll and plenty of other former equilibrium alliances. If you guys cut your Doom House treaties in time of peace, nobody could cry foul over you guys going your separate way. If you guys cut ties with DH, then I would want to see TOP become closer to Ai and their allies.

From my understanding the main divide between you guys and Duckroll + Pillowfort alliances was your DH alliance. If you want to rise to the top you can't keep yourself stuck propping up the mad king, who's time has already passed. I find these logs encouraging that you guys do realize MK aren't great allies to have, if you continue discussing what to do it should be obvious from a power perspective you're not going to reach new heights allied to them. Trying to create a sphere of allies who want to fight to keep DH in power is an uphill battle, as they've already done plenty to turn most against them. Without them TOP is an alliance with a reputation for high quality members and have friends in a lot of alliances who were allies before you joined up with MK.

Rather than the Platysphere being something which includes Doom House, who people have grown weary over throughout their reign; the platysphere needs to be something spearheaded by TOP without being seen as another CnG sphere of allies who fight for Doom House still.

The mistake you guys made with Q was you guys tried combining your allies with the current power players of the time (One Vision). This caused discontent and made those who didn't like the current status quo oppose Q despite being allied to TOP and respecting your alliance. With your most recent attempt to combine TOP along with your allies power with MK and their allies power has had a similar effect. Even those who would of fought for you had you guys been fighting against the status quo they wanted to see displaced, instead many treaties were lost and you guys ended up fighting them due to a clash of ideas on who the status quo should be. What they opposed was never TOP being the status quo, but the previous status quo which TOP chose to become part of.

Back in the Citadel days I argued against your close attachment with NPO on the same basis, Citadel and allies should of been a power separate from the status quo people wanted gone. If Citadel remained united and we didn't have part of it fighting on both sides of the Karma War, then Citadel would of been the dominate power to rise from the ashes of the old power structure collapsing. If you guys already consider MK to be a D for your ally rating, then now would be a good time to make clear you guys are willing to distance yourselves from them and form bonds with other alliances of higher quality. The Citadel concept of elite alliances working together was never wrong, but alliances such as MK, GOONS, etc, aren't elite alliances and the type you should separate yourselves from if you want strong relations with other elite alliances who have high standards.

The thing is, if you can't like TOP despite their treaties with DH, who's to say a relationship is even worth having?

Also, the war rating system isn't representative of TOP's relationships to their allies, just how well they are performing/acting during war.

Edited by Neo Uruk

Most people agree AI is a mixed bag and that NPO is competent, and they were the two main coalition enemies last war. Try harder.

If you think AI and NPO are the lone competent EQ members, you're a bigger idiot then the rest of CN thinks you are already.

If you think AI and NPO are the lone competent EQ members, you're a bigger idiot then the rest of CN thinks you are already.

Well, aside from the fact that I only gave two names as the ones most people can agree on, I thank you for your insightful commentary on who is and isn't competent, TIO member and noted shit-slinger salsabeast1.

The thing is, if you can't like TOP despite their treaties with DH, who's to say a relationship is even worth having?

Also, the war rating system isn't representative of TOP's relationships to their allies, just how well they are performing/acting during war.

I can like an alliance even if they are allied to someone I don't like, but I wouldn't want a treaty with an alliance who has treaties which will obligate me to fight on behalf of those I don't like. If you rephrased your question as "If you aren't willing to fight for DH despite TOP's current treaties making them sure to fight for them, is it worth having a treaty relationship with TOP?", then I would say no. Not until they showed signs they were shifting their FA approach and having a treaty with them wouldn't make one expected to fight for a bloc they don't like.

Despite their treaties I don't like, I still do like TOP. Although a military treaty type relationship wouldn't be worth having due to their treaties with DH.

Oh, you must be in TOP, huh?

Oh, you must be in TOP, huh?

He's not incorrect. If I remember correctly, the thread title itself was "war ratings". But keep looking for angles to make villains out of us- this one is even better than the "TOP are Nazis" talk from last war.

Edited by Bob Ilyani

He's not incorrect. If I remember correctly, the thread title itself was "war ratings". But keep looking for angles to make villains out of us- this one is even better than the "TOP are Nazis" talk from last war.

TOP are nazi's? I remember saying that. Oh wait, no I don't. Therefore it has no place in a response to me.

Also, what angle is making a villain out of you? I commented on how he is acting like he is in TOP and all of a sudden I'm calling TOP evil? Stop being so paranoid. Weren't you guys the ones calling me a conspiracy theorist?

Haha, what? I'm pretty sure they've said so in this very thread.

You're speaking as if you're their mouthpiece. Why is a foreigner commenting on how much you need to tolerate TOP's allies to stay allied to them, or speaking as if he's a high ranking government official?

I guess when you're campaigning for a treaty you just have to try that hard.

Seeing the wild speculation and members inputting their thoughts regarding both allies and non-allies, as well as where the alliance should go next reminds me of the Citadel days and I think is a sign of a healthy alliance.

I agree TOP are generally nice people, although if TOP remaining in power means not so good people remain in power, then that can cause the stigma of your allies to make many not want to see you rise. Mainly its Doom House people are sick of and want to see overthrown, but I don't think many have a problem with TOP themselves.

If you went your separate ways with Doom House, then I think that could open possibilities of strengthening relations with Duckroll and plenty of other former equilibrium alliances. If you guys cut your Doom House treaties in time of peace, nobody could cry foul over you guys going your separate way. If you guys cut ties with DH, then I would want to see TOP become closer to Ai and their allies.

From my understanding the main divide between you guys and Duckroll + Pillowfort alliances was your DH alliance. If you want to rise to the top you can't keep yourself stuck propping up the mad king, who's time has already passed. I find these logs encouraging that you guys do realize MK aren't great allies to have, if you continue discussing what to do it should be obvious from a power perspective you're not going to reach new heights allied to them. Trying to create a sphere of allies who want to fight to keep DH in power is an uphill battle, as they've already done plenty to turn most against them. Without them TOP is an alliance with a reputation for high quality members and have friends in a lot of alliances who were allies before you joined up with MK.

Rather than the Platysphere being something which includes Doom House, who people have grown weary over throughout their reign; the platysphere needs to be something spearheaded by TOP without being seen as another CnG sphere of allies who fight for Doom House still.

The mistake you guys made with Q was you guys tried combining your allies with the current power players of the time (One Vision). This caused discontent and made those who didn't like the current status quo oppose Q despite being allied to TOP and respecting your alliance. With your most recent attempt to combine TOP along with your allies power with MK and their allies power has had a similar effect. Even those who would of fought for you had you guys been fighting against the status quo they wanted to see displaced, instead many treaties were lost and you guys ended up fighting them due to a clash of ideas on who the status quo should be. What they opposed was never TOP being the status quo, but the previous status quo which TOP chose to become part of.

Back in the Citadel days I argued against your close attachment with NPO on the same basis, Citadel and allies should of been a power separate from the status quo people wanted gone. If Citadel remained united and we didn't have part of it fighting on both sides of the Karma War, then Citadel would of been the dominate power to rise from the ashes of the old power structure collapsing. If you guys already consider MK to be a D for your ally rating, then now would be a good time to make clear you guys are willing to distance yourselves from them and form bonds with other alliances of higher quality. The Citadel concept of elite alliances working together was never wrong, but alliances such as MK, GOONS, etc, aren't elite alliances and the type you should separate yourselves from if you want strong relations with other elite alliances who have high standards.

I don't, we don't, and we're not dropping them.  As I told TiTaN, TOP will not abandon one ally because of a perception of servitude to that ally to join anybody for the reality of servitude.  Those who condition further relations on disconnecting from MK demand just that degradation, demand that TOP live up to the worst parts of its reputation, and demand that TOP isolate itself from the only people that stood with us when hell came down this last war.  We may be vicious practitioners of realpolitik, but loyalty and patience are of great value to both hopeless romantics and calculating bastards.

Besides, DH is just an MK/GOONS treaty now, champ.  If people are running around hoping to keep a non-existent bloc down and out, they'll not achieve much.

You're speaking as if you're their mouthpiece. Why is a foreigner commenting on how much you need to tolerate TOP's allies to stay allied to them, or speaking as if he's a high ranking government official?

I guess when you're campaigning for a treaty you just have to try that hard.

I answered/corrected someone's comment with common knowledge, but ok.

I don't, we don't, and we're not dropping them.  As I told TiTaN, TOP will not abandon one ally because of a perception of servitude to that ally to join anybody for the reality of servitude.  Those who condition further relations on disconnecting from MK demand just that degradation, demand that TOP live up to the worst parts of its reputation, and demand that TOP isolate itself from the only people that stood with us when hell came down this last war.  We may be vicious practitioners of realpolitik, but loyalty and patience are of great value to both hopeless romantics and calculating bastards.

Besides, DH is just an MK/GOONS treaty now, champ.  If people are running around hoping to keep a non-existent bloc down and out, they'll not achieve much.

tbh the master/slave paradigm is kind of the aspect most of us have trouble appreciating.

Your alliance almost went to war over a "Your Mom" joke. Are you positive you want to be the pitchman for EQ's competence problem?

Your alliance almost went to war over a "Your Mom" joke. Are you positive you want to be the pitchman for EQ's competence problem?

To be fair, I almost got that suicide dive to go through. And it would've been for the greater good.

EQ doesn't exist anymore, first off.

Secondly, if you lose to incompetent people, what does that make you? Not that I care much about EQ's historical reputation, just curious to see the response to this common accusation. Considering incompetence literally means not having the skills to do something successfully, isn't this a bit of a, paradox?

EQ doesn't exist anymore, first off.

Secondly, if you lose to incompetent people, what does that make you? Not that I care much about EQ's historical reputation, just curious to see the response to this common accusation. Considering incompetence literally means not having the skills to do something successfully, isn't this a bit of a, paradox?

Even a blind mouse can catch a rat every once in awhile.

So referring to the wartime coalition by its wartime name is incorrect now?

In a present tense, yes. Seeing as how I don't believe we will ever see the same grouping of alliances united again, it's safe to say it's a relic at this point.

Entertainment wise, that's a good thing.

Even a blind mouse can catch a rat every once in awhile.

Well, that rat must have put itself in a terrible position to be caught by a blind cat. That doesn't really sing competence to me, personally.

In a present tense, yes. Seeing as how I don't believe we will ever see the same grouping of alliances united again, it's safe to say it's a relic at this point.

I don't see him claiming EQ is still a thing, but whatever. Your perogative.

Weren't you once on GGA's EZI list? Sometimes things just don't go your way.

What does that prove? GGA won multiple wars in their span. Not to mention, I was on the entirety of the Continuum's PZI list. I guess being against GGA before it was popular is a bad thing?

Lastly, who are you? Thanks for knowing my history, though. Pretty sweet of you.