attn world

Ardus

I just want you to know that I'm trying to doodle a treaty map for my personal use and, after some time at it, I've determined that I hate you all so very, very much.  This thing is an irredeemable mess and I will have my revenge on all (myself excluded) who had a hand in making it this way.

Respectfully Submitted,

Ardus

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just want attention. Admit it.

This has been a known fact for, literally, years now. I believe you can simplifiy it some if you don't include treaties that don't count (or alliances that don't matter. I mean lets be honest).

I miss the days of drawing the North & South sides of the web. GGA couldn't keep things simple.

I'm down. [OOC: How do we go about doing it over the internet?]

No OOC tags needed, bud :P

there's a way to make this work. At the least someone here can probably make a Flash adventure if not a full game.

You just want attention. Admit it.

This has been a known fact for, literally, years now. I believe you can simplifiy it some if you don't include treaties that don't count (or alliances that don't matter. I mean lets be honest).

I miss the days of drawing the North & South sides of the web. GGA couldn't keep things simple.

I actually don't include treaties that "don't count" and alliances that "don't matter".  You'd be surprised at how many treaties count.

And there is a very clear "north" and "south" right now.  But each of those regions is its own compartmentalized mess.  Down south you have SF/XX/Chestnut/Aftermath/Sentinel/NpO; no alliance in that mass has initiated a major war in recent memory, only followed the lead of some other provocateur or defended.  Also, four blocs overlap one another.  Up north you have DH/C&G/Aztec/DR/NPO/TOP/MI6, wherein most component parts of that mess hate most of the other component parts, such that nothing in it can readily project power at present.  There are some ODPs connecting those two groups that played a role in the last war but are diminished in the present atmosphere.

Amusingly enough, TIO might be one of the better connected alliances right now, with treaties leading to C&G (GATO), DR (IRON, Argent), NPO (sphere unto itself), and Aztec (-->LOSS-->DT).  No one alliance down south carries connections vital to the rest of the group--there are a zillion redundant treaties, possibly because nobody up north wants a thing to do with them.

Edited by Ardus

it took a lot of effort but I have a detailed and accurate treaty map right here. I'll add more alliances as I get time: 5eK8x0D.png

LMAO This is great. I lol'd so hard

Ardus, I still have your 'world according to ardus' treaty web drawing. That was a really good map >_>, and honestly, the web hasn't deviated a whole lot from it today.

Heck, I still use it when I need to see who's allied to who. Just kidding, but it was well done and I commend you for it.