Response to Recent Events in Farkistan

Cable performs a logdump. How utterly unsurprising.

What happened is what always happens with Cable. Any power corrupts Cable absolutely. And since the TFC has become more independent-minded since he's been away he thinks that he should either bring us to heel or move us out. Neither is going to happen. I look forward to seeing the nation of Tau Ri in flames.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame because I do like 905, but having been through this once already with a Cable ragequit from gov and the subsequent drama around that, the majority of my faith is with Ramps and the rest of the TFC. Whatever the reasons might be, I do sincerely hope that you are all able to get this straightened out.

Private drama in public is always pretty crappy. Best of luck in sorting this out, Fark. 

Is that nostalgia? The days of yore calling to your blood from the vast recesses of time?

TPF will stand by it's allies in this time of need. Vultures can keep their grimy hands to themselves.

These are the bests posts in here! The irony is killing me!

I've been busy and this has just come to my attention. Cable, 905,what you both have done is disgusting, and altho I used to consider you both my friends, but this traitorous coup sickens me.

Cable, even though you appointed me Ackbar of Farkistan, I will not stay loyal to you in this matter. Consider this my notice to you and your coalition that I am not a party to, nor will I support any of you.

To the rightful TotalFark Council. I offer my services as Ackbar, I am also sure that most of the members of the Farkistan Defense Forces will stand with us all in fighting as needed. Together we can show planet Bob the true spirit of Farkistan.

Thank you, and may Drew support our cause.

Cable and 905 approached me a couple months back with their issues that some of the council were attempting to undermine the Submitter, after some long talks it was decided that i would run for council to help them keep a closer eye on what the council were doing and talking about when neither of them were there.
What i had found was that they they were forcing themselves into a laziness position when anything from either Cable or 905 was put up for discussion.

This major power shift in Fark was going to happen, Cable and 905 did it before the TFC and their loyalists made the attempt themselves. Had the TFC successfully done this we would be in a worse state than what we are now. Its ugly, but it had to be done.

I fully support the true Leadership of the NFO with Cable and 905 as our leaders

I don't spend much time involved in the politics of Bob, so my sample size isn't as large as it could be.  That said, I find you to be the most unlikable person I've encountered in these parts.  Nothing I've seen you say or do has any merit beyond being an example of the wrong way to interact with people.  If one of the ways you measure your own worth is the ability to get other people to dislike you, add another check mark in the "I DID IT!" column for me.

If this ends up being a joke thread, I'll forgive Fark because of this post.

Simply put

A) Does the charter allow for the removal of the Council

B) If so were the correct steps followed

C) Did the correct people follow such steps

If the answers to A,B and C are Yes.

Then you guys can't really complain.

For example in LoSS, anyone can suggest say removal of the senate and the gov could decide they want to and not discuss it or look at improving things, but it would still have to go to a public vote with a 75% + 1 majority. If not then it wouldn't be a split gov and arguing it would just be an illegal move, the Tri would be removed and the senate would stand.

tl;dr

Charters FTW

Weak sauce.  If you're gonna declare some fake wars, at least toss some nukes or even CM to make it more convincing.

Cable deleted my messages that weren't battle reports (the savage!) but I can assure you I ran CMs, GAs, and someone ran spy ops, and he ran air, CMs, and GAs on me (I assume he used his spy ops on someone else).

http://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=731084

funny that you're asking for nukes on the first day of war, though. later today i'm sure we'll both be glowing (once I can nuke, 1pm CST).

Handful? Try nearly EVER SINGLE FARKER I'VE TALKED TO over the last two months. People see who is doing the work and they're tired of 5 people standing in the way of progress because they'd rather debate every issue to death. Except when you're passing stupid meaningless FArQ. Like when Rampage managed to sneak onto Council because someone more popular decided not to run and then voted to grant his old position permanent high level access in case he lost the next month. Coincidence that stuff started getting leaked? I think not.

Is the council not elected? Why are they voted for if they have not the interest of the people at heart?

And if the Council is so bad, why not use your power as leader to:

- In the event of a dispute arising from interpretation of the Charter or FArQ of Farkistan, the Submitter shall appoint an impartial arbiter to hear the arguments and decide the issue

Surely if the people did really want this change, you could go through with this.

From the logs, It looks like a disagreement and the council is not agreeing with the President, and others.

In the next election, why not bring this issue up. I am seeing it is a bit too late now with all of this,but I think cool heads should have prevailed in this.

Edited by Rotavele

Is the council not elected? Why are they voted for if they have not the interest of the people at heart?

And if the Council is so bad, why not use your power as leader to:

Surely if the people did really want this change, you could go through with this.

From the logs, It looks like a disagreement and the council is not agreeing with the President, and others.

In the next election, why not bring this issue up. I am seeing it is a bit too late now with all of this,but I think cool heads should have prevailed in this.

After meetings with Council failed, the issue boiled down to finally having to approach membership and going through line by line of public release documents that are official record.  There is still the matter of the leaked document that we're dealing with.  Being open about that at this point because several folks have asked about it.

Hardly a total game changer or even something that most would consider interesting outside of certain circles, but it does add to the pile of reasons why we had to take this step.  Security, efficiency and doing the job the people expect you to do, that's what it boils down to.  Too many cooks spoil the broth, I suppose is the easiest way of putting it.

Not everyone feels the same way obviously, but they'll find a new path.  We've begun talks to try to settle this peacefully, we'll see what happens.

This is what happens when Fark no longer has Deinos to beat up on... they turn on themselves!

Ramps, I'll be over soon with a fresh shipment of nuka-beers to help soothe the pain mate.

Truly we were a guiding force in the world :colbert: