Population Happiness bug??

atombomb3429

You're going to have to be more specific.  My guess would be you bought your intelligence agencies thinking you would gain +1 happiness for each when you moved your tax rate over 23% and found your happiness actually dropped by 3 or 5 happiness depending on what tax rate you picked.  If so, you did receive the happiness bonus.  What you failed to take into account is by raising your tax rate, you incurred happiness penalties, -5 if you set the rate at 24% or 25%; -7 if it was between 26-28%.  These penalties were then reduced by the intelligence agencies.

No it is not just that, when I buy a stadium the same thing happens. Instead of gaining 3 happiness I lose 3 happiness instead!!

There should be no reason for that to happen. I just did it 3 times with a Stadium, Police HQ, and a Church, and they all worked like they're supposed to.

I was wondering if something was screwed up with the happiness calculation too. Mine is very low and I don't understand why.

You might try replacing your Barracks and Police HQs with Stadiums and Banks ;) And your Population Density seems to be getting close to the high side.

No it is not just that, when I buy a stadium the same thing happens. Instead of gaining 3 happiness I lose 3 happiness instead!!

I don't know what to tell you.  As Jesusfreak had already indicated, they're working as they should.  Without more details or screenshots it's difficult to say what's going on in your case.

You might try replacing your Barracks and Police HQs with Stadiums and Banks ;) And your Population Density seems to be getting close to the high side.

Thanks, those are useful suggestions but I can't change my improvements yet, I am at negative slots since being smashed up in the war. In a couple of weeks I may be able to do that.

I'll try buying more land when I'm able also.

Is it me or is it that my nation becomes unhappier when I purchase a improvement that is supposedly is to make my population happier. Is this a bug or is it just normal??...

It depends on the improvements. Some improvements provide happiness bonus while other negatively affect your population happiness

There should be no reason for that to happen. I just did it 3 times with a Stadium, Police HQ, and a Church, and they all worked like they're supposed to.

A Stadium should increase your Happiness by 3. Period. ;)

well, it kinda didnt, but i found out even though the population happiness bar showsmy population is getting unhappier by the minute, my citizen individual income keeps on rising!! WEIRD!!