5 Rounds a Year, 2 3 month rounds, 3 2 months rounds

Well, one of the problems I've had this round is that it's been hard to recruit and maintain players activity and interest. The commitment you need to get people to hang around for 90 days is very high, and this is one of the reasons population is declining in TE, hanging around for 90 days is a bit much for many people. On the other hand, 90 day rounds tend to have richer and more vibrant politics and warfighting than 60 day rounds, so perhaps it would be better to put in some variety in round length and require that people vary their strategies and tactics.

If it were up to me, I'd do it this way:

Summer: 90 day round, starting from mid-June and ending in Mid-September.

Fall: 60 day round, starting from mid-September and ending in Mid-November.

Winter, 60 day round, starting from Mid-November and ending in Mid-January.

Winter-Spring: 90 day round, starting from Mid-January and ending in Mid-April.

Spring: 60 day round, starting from Mid-April and ending in mid-June.

It would be nice to have some 60 day rounds this summer, true, but TE needs to observe and respect seasonal patterns; for example, players have more time and are more able to make commitments in Summer and Winter, whereas in the fall many players are going back to school and increasing workloads and adjustments may make 90 days impossible for them to last all round.

Edited by Instr

I love this idea. At the end of every round I tell myself that I want to take the next round off because I end up burned out. 60 day rounds make it so if I took a round off, it's a nice time to rest, but not be away too long either.

• 3 weeks later...

Those are good reasons to stick to 90 day rounds without alternation, however. If people take rounds off, they're likely to not come back. :(

Well.... Look at this round first and realise that the round would end in 10 days if it were 60 day rounds. Personally I feel there is much more to come from this round and would be gutted if it was ending in 10 days :P.... But i see what you mean, season changes would probably be a decent idea :) i like longer rounds, but i tend to complain less when its a 60 day round simply because its less time wasted haha no one likes wasting 3months for everything to just reset and i think thats why most people dont play.

• 3 weeks later...

Well 3 months is a long time, and things can change a lot during that time.

When I started a round for example, I was free and could come around and fight all the time. However, in the 3rd month, I became busier IRL and it just became an annoyance.

Bigger budget and shorter rounds (2 months), IMO.

Edited by Dragonshy