Orange-Flavored Baby Pact

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this hits the nail on the head. Excellent post. If everyone is so disgusted then quit signing treaties with them or their allies. CnG does what it does, because it works. Pure and simple.

Furthermore, everyone keeps screaming realpolitik when ODN could be doing exactly that. Selling your friendship out to the most powerful person is terrible, but if your really playing the political game and not the "friendship" game then it's the perfect strategy. The standard has already been established. If you want to change it feel free to start canceling on CnG and CnG's treaty partners. Instead though we're all going to hide behind the same "they're our friends" bullshit and contribute to the degradation of this place. I mean Schatt with his all ODPs can get a pass, but everyone else is simply propagandizing in order to take shots while it suits them.

I myself am more interested in the NPO side of this. If we're going to repeat last war for the next war why sign this? Only way it makes sense is if you are trying to steal away even more of the other sides coalition pre-war. Alternatively, it is no secret CnG hates SF/XX/AF. Even if the next war keeps you safe you're going to have to break CnG from DR somehow. Otherwise you'll be in the menu eventually, and Bob is a very hungry place.

Considering what just happened to ODN, INT, and TLR (and would've happened to GATO if not for their limitless cowardice), in what sense is what they're doing really "working"?

That's what noone is willing to admit about the treaty web: the argument that you *have to* be a part of it just to stay safe is no longer tenable. Look at the top alliance by ANS - how many are neutral?

So no, even if you have zero integrity, this strategy doesn't pan out in the long run.

Considering what just happened to ODN, INT, and TLR (and would've happened to GATO if not for their limitless cowardice), in what sense is what they're doing really "working"?

That's what noone is willing to admit about the treaty web: the argument that you *have to* be a part of it just to stay safe is no longer tenable. Look at the top alliance by ANS - how many are neutral?

So no, even if you have zero integrity, this strategy doesn't pan out in the long run.

That might seem like a viable argument, but if CnG wanted to avoid this war they very easily could have. Of course your strategy won't work if you abandon it.

Considering what just happened to ODN, INT, and TLR (and would've happened to GATO if not for their limitless cowardice)

You will find that many disagree with your analysis, but nevertheless, we invite you, and anyone for that matter, to come and settle your issues with us. We will be happy to settle them, no matter what process you would take. Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

Or NSO.

But shhh, we're ruining his narrative!

And to Omni;

Notice I said "generally" when I made the comment about CnG via TLR was the first to open up to NPO post war. Does that take away from anyone else? It shouldn't. If it does you need to re-evaluate your confidence level in yourself and your alliance. Read into it what you like. Then realize the context, realize the sphere of influences they belong to and there you will realize your flaw.

BTW, perhaps I didn't make it clear on the war boards: there is no Equalibrium 2 for NPO. We did exactly what we set out to do. Our goals were accomplished we move on. If there are those of you that want to swing at another alliance, hell step up and show what you are made of. If you are waiting for someone else to start it, I will just /sigh and walk away.

So who is the next target? Because there is always a target. 

Edit: Also if NPO objective with this war was to destroy their allies upper ties I have to say:

Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

But you need to fire the guy who sets the goals that your alliance want to accomplish asap. I almost can't wait till Umbrella come after you to say "I told you so", because I love saying that.

Edited by D34th

And to Omni;

Notice I said "generally" when I made the comment about CnG via TLR was the first to open up to NPO post war. Does that take away from anyone else? It shouldn't. If it does you need to re-evaluate your confidence level in yourself and your alliance. Read into it what you like. Then realize the context, realize the sphere of influences they belong to and there you will realize your flaw.

Don't forget GOONS. Sardonic always spoke highly of you.

And to Omni;

Am I supposed to complain about you not mentioning TPF? It seems like I missed the train and I hate missing the train. Laregely because my Francoist comrades have been so kind as to keep them running on time.

Although I do not respect the government officials of the New Pacific Order due to their expectancy of their own members having robot personalities and holding grudges from foreign realms, I desire a long-lasting strong and close relationship between the Network and the Order. Cheers to an even stronger and larger web treaty that can easily result in another World War thus sacrificing our resources and putting our nations at stake, and cheers to the Orange Pacifica.

Edited by Captain Marin

You will find that many disagree with your analysis, but nevertheless, we invite you, and anyone for that matter, to come and settle your issues with us. We will be happy to settle them, no matter what process you would take.

I vote violence as the process. I mean CnG has a stupid FA thing going on.... I doubt anyone would even help us. Nah Schatt had to wait til the last two days of the war to hit us and then post his little thread after the war to feel big. I wouldn't worry about anything anyone from CoJ says.

I vote violence as the process. I mean CnG has a stupid FA thing going on.... I doubt anyone would even help us. Nah Schatt had to wait til the last two days of the war to hit us and then post his little thread after the war to feel big. I wouldn't worry about anything anyone from CoJ says.

Heh, perhaps I thought that was the 41st-to-last day of the war.

I expected it would come to this soon enough. All I have to say is good luck demonstrating your lack of cowardice by finally going on the offensive...against CoJ, weeks after neglecting to step up to the coalition that was destroying your allies.

But back to what SoADarthCyfe6 actually wrote: as much as I appreciate the offer (and the veiled "come at me bro"?), there's nothing to settle. GATO/CnG don't owe us anything, and we don't owe you anything. You guys keep signing treaties we know will mostly get ignored, and generally not having any principles or direction, and we'll keep using CnG as an example of the exact opposite of what we espouse.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

Although I do not respect the government officials of the New Pacific Order due to their expectancy of their own members having robot personalities and holding grudges from foreign realms, I desire a long-lasting strong and close relationship between the Network and the Order. Cheers to an even stronger and larger web treaty that can easily result in another World War thus sacrificing our resources and putting our nations at stake, and cheers to the Orange Pacifica.

I keep reading this post and still can't accept its plain meaning. Mutual respect is the minimum level of positive reciprocal relation necessary to justify a treaty. If you can't respect the Emperor, why in the world would you support the treaty?

You don't have to like the guy; friendship, though handy dandy, isn't a necessity. But you "do not respect" them? Am I missing something? Edited by Ardus