Orange-Flavored Baby Pact

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of us were scared shitless of NPO, either. ;)  Brehon said "first" not most important.

Brehon's position is well-known and perfectly lucid; the question is whether or not it will happen.  3 Senators (2 ODN, 1 TLR) say absolutely not.

And that's exactly what I said.  Take a break.  Step back from the keyboard.  You shouldn't have been scared of a post-beaten-down NPO.  The fact that you even mention it makes me laugh at you.   I'm sorry you feel so sad about not being important enough to be considered NPO's "first" post-war.  Post Count =/= importance, champ.

Because whenever a juicy manhandle hangs out, it always needs somebody to suck it. And boy do people like sucking these days.

Interesting sexual fantasies you have there. But speak for yourself, we really prefer to eat oranges and grilled babies.

Yes Schatt, CoJ certainly did extend a hand. You tried to work with us and I will take it on the chin to say I have not made that easy. This is all rooted in a simple thing: In private we can agree, in public you like to chastise and belittle. Its just not my way. You are almost always much nicer when we are viewed as an underdog. Now I am not asking you to be nice, I am asking for you simply be less combative.

/shrugs.

But yes, CoJ and those that helped make Red Dawn actually deserve the "first" But then I was really speaking about those that were what the world puts as "on the other side".

You want options, so you sign with CnG and their plethora of peripheral ties?  Are you high man?  Do we not have enough examples from the last like four wars around here about the stupidity of conflicting treaty ties? And your response to those examples of stupidity is to sign another treaty with a block that exemplifies conflicting treaties?

I mean, if you really wanted to have diplomatic options vis a vis CnG, wasn't the TLR tie enough?

Options have to start somewhere. While it is rosey and nice to say or ask for any alliance to simply drop all they are doing because it suits your argument, the truth is these things take time. These things = options in FA. If I or anyone waited for people to these grand shifts out of no where would be committing political suicide.

Everything is a process.

The writing seems to be on the wall for SF/XX, which seems foolish for NPO unless they want to play second fiddle to DH for the foreseeable future.

That is the emotional bit people will try to build on. The world is not made up solely of SF/XX & DH poles. I am tired of people acting like it is, that is a simple and foolish stance and way to be.

SF/XX are not in my future. While I could easily have an issue with XX and two of those alliances in particular nothing is gained and honestly its not worth my time. I have no issue with SF/XX being a sphere, DH being a sphere, DR being a sphere, CnG being a sphere and the non bloc'd making their own sphere's of influence.

No, any debt owed to the NPO in our eyes have been collected across the board. I am happy taking things as people act TODAY and from that build future wars. But the past... yeah I am done with it. The past view of bloc... yeah I am done with it.

You do you, I will do me.

Yes Schatt, CoJ certainly did extend a hand. You tried to work with us and I will take it on the chin to say I have not made that easy. This is all rooted in a simple thing: In private we can agree, in public you like to chastise and belittle. Its just not my way. You are almost always much nicer when we are viewed as an underdog. Now I am not asking you to be nice, I am asking for you simply be less combative.

/shrugs.

But yes, CoJ and those that helped make Red Dawn actually deserve the "first" But then I was really speaking about those that were what the world puts as "on the other side".

In other words you prefer alliance leaders who act like drones programmed to hail you in public. I understand why you chose ODN then.

If only that were true. If it were I could have saved myself a lot of grief. Every ally I have I am able to be blunt with and they are able to be blunt with me, whether we agree or not.

No my allies are welcome to disagree with me and I them. What isn't my style is when someone tries to talk to me privately and then shits on me in public.

But hey, try to sell it as you will Death :)

This thread has an unusual amount of complaining in it. It is not the first time two great alliances have signed a treaty nor will it be the last. Just settle down and let them be. The world could do with a little less snide and jealous comments.

On this note, I would like to congratulate both alliances that all of us at TLR have a lot of respect(and dare I say love without being stoned by my fellow Wastelanders for being too fluffy for the Mojave?) for. May this friendship blossom and stay strong. A round of delicious Nuka Cola for everyone!

Elly

The writing seems to be on the wall for SF/XX, which seems foolish for NPO unless they want to play second fiddle to DH for the foreseeable future.

Judging from his response it seems he is perfectly fine with this. Never knew they were one to play second fiddle, you learn something new everyday.

If only that were true. If it were I could have saved myself a lot of grief. Every ally I have I am able to be blunt with and they are able to be blunt with me, whether we agree or not.

No my allies are welcome to disagree with me and I them. What isn't my style is when someone tries to talk to me privately and then shits on me in public.

But hey, try to sell it as you will Death :)

I love our disagreements Brehon :)

Options have to start somewhere. While it is rosey and nice to say or ask for any alliance to simply drop all they are doing because it suits your argument, the truth is these things take time. These things = options in FA. If I or anyone waited for people to these grand shifts out of no where would be committing political suicide.

Everything is a process.

Sure it is a process.  And what I see of your process so far has been you signing a perfectly redundant treaty with a member of a bloc that is covered in conflicting treaties.  You can't argue out of one side of your mouth for a multi polar Bob while using the other side to agree to a treaty that has the opposite effect.  Doesn't work that way.  Now, if NPO at somepoint here in the near future does something actually akin to clearing up the treaty web, then I'll give you all the credit in the world for it.  But you don't get that here, because it isn't what you are doing here.

Congrats, this has been in the works for a while so it must be nice to have it on paper.

All of C&G's ties (except that IRON-INT ODP) are to either DH or NPO-sphere. Seems pretty coherent to me. Now, whether this illusory DH-C&G-NPO(+NG probably) supersphere can actually come to fruition is another matter, but if C&G somehow pulls it off, more power to them.

I think this hits the nail on the head. Excellent post. If everyone is so disgusted then quit signing treaties with them or their allies. CnG does what it does, because it works. Pure and simple.

Furthermore, everyone keeps screaming realpolitik when ODN could be doing exactly that. Selling your friendship out to the most powerful person is terrible, but if your really playing the political game and not the "friendship" game then it's the perfect strategy. The standard has already been established. If you want to change it feel free to start canceling on CnG and CnG's treaty partners. Instead though we're all going to hide behind the same "they're our friends" bullshit and contribute to the degradation of this place. I mean Schatt with his all ODPs can get a pass, but everyone else is simply propagandizing in order to take shots while it suits them.

I myself am more interested in the NPO side of this. If we're going to repeat last war for the next war why sign this? Only way it makes sense is if you are trying to steal away even more of the other sides coalition pre-war. Alternatively, it is no secret CnG hates SF/XX/AF. Even if the next war keeps you safe you're going to have to break CnG from DR somehow. Otherwise you'll be in the menu eventually, and Bob is a very hungry place. Edited by Omniscient1

That is the emotional bit people will try to build on. The world is not made up solely of SF/XX & DH poles. I am tired of people acting like it is, that is a simple and foolish stance and way to be.

This man speaks so much truth...it's really the Neutrals vs. the rest of us...they're just biding their time while we pick each other apart, then the Neutral Menace will roll us all :o