Orange-Flavored Baby Pact

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, perhaps I didn't make it clear on the war boards: there is no Equalibrium 2 for NPO. We did exactly what we set out to do. Our goals were accomplished we move on. If there are those of you that want to swing at another alliance, hell step up and show what you are made of. If you are waiting for someone else to start it, I will just /sigh and walk away.

At least you are (sort of) honest that you manipulated things and threw the rest of the coalition under the bus to achieve your own goals.

I vote violence as the process. I mean CnG has a stupid FA thing going on.... I doubt anyone would even help us. Nah Schatt had to wait til the last two days of the war to hit us and then post his little thread after the war to feel big. I wouldn't worry about anything anyone from CoJ says.

...But still, Brehon pales in comparison to this circus act.  Really?  You're going to talk smack about CoJ "waiting until the end of the war" till they hit people so they could "feel big" about it?  Really?  Is this real life?  Is this just fantasy?  Are you really that delusional that you think it's a good idea to make this accusation in public, let alone believe it's true?

I keep reading this post and still can't accept its plain meaning. Mutual respect is the minimum level of positive reciprocal relation necessary to justify a treaty. If you can't respect the Emperor, why in the world would you support the treaty?

You don't have to like the guy; friendship, though handy dandy, isn't a necessity. But you "do not respect" them? Am I missing something?

Just a heads up on this. Our members can have whatever opinion they wish, they follow the rule of majority and this treaty being passed with 90% from our members says a lot. 

Just a heads up on this. Our members can have whatever opinion they wish, they follow the rule of majority and this treaty being passed with 90% from our members says a lot. 

Perhaps; how many members actually cast a vote?

Edited by Schattenmann

Perhaps; how many members actually cast a vote?

You're such a tease. Surely agent Teatime has provided you with this information.

When is the next edition of This Week in the Network? I can't wait to find out what we've been up to.

89 votes mister.

Thank you, agent Teatime.  So, then: 40% of ODN approved the treaty.  But to be fair, that is a far, far better voter turnout than the May 2011 numbers for participation (13% of 343 members). 

Edited by Schattenmann

You're really not trying. The world demands pie charts and other visual aids to illustrate whatever point it is you're trying to make. So far it seems to be that this treaty is very popular in ODN. But I'm sure there must be more to it than that.

Kingmakers get together with the king before they get the throne, not after.

ODN thinking they are kingmaker is like a cat thinking they're a god because humans feeds them. Hilarious, thanks for the laugh. 

You're really not trying. The world demands pie charts and other visual aids to illustrate whatever point it is you're trying to make. So far it seems to be that this treaty is very popular in ODN. But I'm sure there must be more to it than that.

I happen to think Schatt was very clear in his post, but if visual aids are what you require to understand, then so be it. 

odnpie.png

On the contrary, Bucovina stated that 90% of ODN is in favor of the treaty; however, knowing what we know about ODN voter turnout, I questioned the statement that "90%" and "majority" of ODNistas voted for it.  So, when we examine how many voters there were, we find that we can only say that 40%, a minority, of ODNistas are in favor.  As an aside, turnout is way up, which is good for a democracy.

On the contrary, Bucovina stated that 90% of ODN is in favor of the treaty; however, knowing what we know about ODN voter turnout, I questioned the statement that "90%" and "majority" of ODNistas voted for it.  So, when we examine how many voters there were, we find that we can only say that 40%, a minority, of ODNistas are in favor.  As an aside, turnout is way up, which is good for a democracy.

False assertion, we have no way of knowing if the voters were a representative sample of ODN, if so, you can extrapolate the results over the population.

Also, how many pro-treaty ODNers didn't bother voting due to the landslide yes vote?

Or did the No camp put more effort in mobilizing their base to vote? Or less?

Either way, the only real data available is the actual vote, so that should be more heavily weighted than opinion/guesswork.

You guys really have nothing else to do with your time do you? I don't understand what this guys beef with ODN is, but he seems to be absolutely obsessed with making fun of/trash talking about every post they make. Who gives a fuck what the vote percentage was? The treaty was passed and that's that. God damn, I'm sick and tired of people talking about stupid pointless shit on these forums!

Edited by Mugiwara

You guys really have nothing else to do with your time do you? I don't understand what this guys beef with ODN is, but he seems to be absolutely obsessed with making fun of/trash talking about every post they make. Who gives a fuck what the vote percentage was? The treaty was passed and that's that. God damn, I'm sick and tired of people talking about stupid pointless shit on these forums!

Are you for real man?

I don't understand what this guys beef with ODN is, but he seems to be absolutely obsessed with making fun of/trash talking about every post they make.

It's not just ODN. He was a regular on GATO topics during the war. He has a lot of Complaints and Grievances (it was a bad pun, I know)