"Now and then, for no good reason, life will haul off and knock a man flat."

If you believe that wars only start with declarations of war, you live in a world where no such thing as a CB exists and all war is aggressive.  Don't be silly.  If IdiotRuler starts roguing you tomorrow and I send him money on purpose, I am in an aggressive posture and have started the war.

youwish959 labeled all alliances which "write treaties" with non-chaining clauses as "cowards" then linked the AO-Umbrella treaty in an AO-GOONS thread [snapback]3116804[/snapback].  youwish implied that Umbrella are cowards, not me.  My riposte was sarcasm.

Always remember: Read thread, then post.

No kidding? :rolleyes:

only umbrella didnt send a rogue some money, they dropped nukes on them. that's not very beneficial to the rogue is it?

i love chicken and egg arguments, they're so intellectually stimulating

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the best then.

If you sign a treaty, you're in it for thick and thin. You don't legalese your way out by determining exactly who aggressed who and who farted on who. You roll out and defend your ally.  

This doesn't seem all too common anymore, but damn its right.

Edit: Speaking generally, not to this specific situation. ;)

Edited by President S O

only umbrella didnt send a rogue some money, they dropped nukes on them. that's not very beneficial to the rogue is it?

i love chicken and egg arguments, they're so intellectually stimulating

My example was hypothetical, or I would have exactly outlined a specific situation rather than using a fake ruler.  But, to your point: Umbrella was helping MoP--http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/114780

You have the personality of wallpaper. You are deficient in all that lends character. On a good day, you're a half-wit. You are dank and filthy. Phone sex operators hang up on you. You are a fiend and a sniveling coward. You wear strangely mismatched clothing with oddly placed stains. The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just knowing that you exist and despise everything about you. God created cockroaches, fleas, and intestinal parasites, then he lowered his standards and made you. You are a green-nostriled, crossed eyed, hairy-livered inbred trout-defiler. Your mother had to tie a pork chop around your neck to get a dog to play with you. You are asinine and benighted. Telemarketers refuse to be seen in public with you. You are the unholy spawn of a bandy-legged hobo and a syphilitic camel. Your alleged mother abandoned you at birth and then died of shame in recognition of what they had done to Earth. Do you really expect your delusional and incoherent ramblings to be read? I beg for sweet death to come and remove me from a world which became unbearable when you crawled out of a harpy's lair. Do you fantasize that your tantrums and conniption fits could possibly be worth the $0.0001 worth of electricity used to send them? You're a putrescent mass, a swine, and a vulgar little maggot. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot. You are a few cards short of a full deck, a few bricks short of a full load, and a few chromosomes short of a full human. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a spineless little worm only deserving of the profoundest contempt. Your attempt at constructing a response was pitiful, maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count correctly, you will have more success. It is hard to believe how incredibly stupid you are. You emit more stupidity in one minute than our entire galaxy emits in a year. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you. I don't think that I can summon the strength left to mock your moronic opinions and malformed comments about boring trivia or your other drivel. May you choke on your own foolish opinions.

Copy/paste is fun!   <_<

All I'm really getting out of this is that GOONS is butthurt that AO didn't join their side in the chainsaw party and so now they are foolishly cancelling a long standing treaty.  I say "foolishly" only for one reason: AO felt conflicted and stayed out of the fight.  Now, all GOONS has done is assured itself that should another fight erupt involving some coalition of allies that includes Sparta versus some coalition of allies that involves GOONS, AO will no longer feel the least bit conflicted and will follow Sparta's lead against GOONS and its allies.

Not exactly brilliant FA work, Sardonic.  Yeah, I get why GOONS may be pissed off and be sorely tempted to cancel that treaty on principle, but do try to think more than 1 move ahead.

This thread delivers. One idiot calls GOONS and/or AO a micro and another rolls out one of the most unoriginal, least funny 'jokes' possible (GOONS is a tech farm. Hilarious!).

Its not a joke. It just happens to be funny. I see a lot of aid flowing in, lets wait 10 days and see what comes out. Good luck AO

Edited by Alterego

Copy/paste is fun!   <_<

All I'm really getting out of this is that GOONS is butthurt that AO didn't join their side in the chainsaw party and so now they are foolishly cancelling a long standing treaty.  I say "foolishly" only for one reason: AO felt conflicted and stayed out of the fight.  Now, all GOONS has done is assured itself that should another fight erupt involving some coalition of allies that includes Sparta versus some coalition of allies that involves GOONS, AO will no longer feel the least bit conflicted and will follow Sparta's lead against GOONS and its allies.

Not exactly brilliant FA work, Sardonic.  Yeah, I get why GOONS may be pissed off and be sorely tempted to cancel that treaty on principle, but do try to think more than 1 move ahead.

I actually thought this was a Schatt post at first. Brilliant political insight as to the workings of this treaty, Hal. No, but really fuck off, you're just posting drivel in what we see as a cancellation between two parties who still hold respect for each other.

In all honesty you both speak some truth. More than youwish959, though that's not saying much.

Yes, we felt conflicted and kept out of the fight. We didn't go in against sparta at all, being our closest allies, but neither did we go in against GOONS, again being our allies. However it was clear from both sides that we'd grown apart and we not heading in the same directions. There was nothing else to be got from the treaty so we cancelled. of course we still hold respect for GOONS, wouldn't have signed the treaty if we didn't.

Whatever happens in the future between us I couldn't say - i'd personally like to think that we won't end up with our old allies as enemies but who knows?

Copy/paste is fun!   <_<

You're way off the mark, and this is thinking for more than 1 move ahead. I'd say we put more thought into this cancellation than AI put into starting a war with Umbrella.

When your MDoAP partner starts the war, activation is optional aggression.

I wish I had your information. That's not what AO told us when explaining why they wouldn't be fighting. But that line does make for good propaganda.

Yeah, sure is unfortunate when joining a war on the side of an MDoAP partner means putting you up against another MDoAP partner. We'd rather not fight our own allies, you know what I mean? Maybe you should go away and post elsewhere.

GOONS are great IMHO, and we're sad how this worked out. It was good while it lasted, but things change and this is how politics works out. Get over it.

what he said.

Edited by Broncoskid8

You're way off the mark, and this is thinking for more than 1 move ahead. I'd say we put more thought into this cancellation than AI put into starting a war with Umbrella.

Given the CB that AI was handed, and Umbrella's prior and subsequent actions, you aren't setting the bar very high there, chief.

When I'm right in the end, you'll forget I said anything, but it's cool.  I'm used to people doing that.

I actually thought this was a Schatt post at first. Brilliant political insight as to the workings of this treaty, Hal. No, but really fuck off, you're just posting drivel in what we see as a cancellation between two parties who still hold respect for each other.

Nice language.  Brilliant posting.   <_<

I'm sure AO will respect you enough to hit MK or Umbrella instead.  How's that?

Given the CB that AI was handed, and Umbrella's prior and subsequent actions, you aren't setting the bar very high there, chief.

When I'm right in the end, you'll forget I said anything, but it's cool.  I'm used to people doing that.

The bar is certainly a lot higher than AI's technology.

Truly unfortunate. DH grows a little more isolated this day.

o/ AO

Good luck to Goons in their future.

And Sparta enrages its allies by demanding ridiculous consessions and attempting to benefit from the spilled blood of their friends, then proceeds to cuss said friends out when they won't do their dirty work for them. You're obviously on the FA high ground here, please continue to lay down judgement on others.

On topic, this treaty has been defunct for a while, though any reasoning to join the spartan camp is never justifiable. But GOONS will do just fine methinks, an ally present with 10 nations is worth far more than the "ally" absent with 10,000 after all.