Declaration of War

Granted I'm kind of new to TE (only my 3rd or 4th round after several years), so this might be ignorant, but are 2nd week wars really a thing?  Even with the fast pace of growth in TE, it's difficult to build up a decent economic base and also build up money, tech, air, nukes and spies within such a short period.  Especially on a holiday weekend.

It's obvious we weren't prepared, which as I said is on us.  That should have been clear preparing in-game for a blitz and scouting us out as a target.  You wanted an easy war and you got it.

I won't make a habit of responding to every OWF post, but I think you pose legitimate questions.

1. The first major wars, in my experience, take place between days 6-10. I think that is especially the case when they end up on a weekend. It gives more members an opportunity to fight. If the  weekend begins on say, day 4, it is much more likely imo that a war is pushed out a bit further. 

2. It was a holiday weekend, but you have to take into consideration that we don't know what others are doing. If we wait and our targets go to war, or worse, if we wait and everyone goes to war, that becomes a problem.

3. Its not necessarily obvious that a given alliance isn't ready for war. Sure, you can look at overall stats, infra, air, GCs, etc. and that projects some useful information, but there are things you can't see--such as warchest, spy count, activity level. This is illustrated by my war with Gingervites and Aml520. Initially I had success because they were unprepared. Now, it is an even war because of some of the behind the scenes traits we couldn't see prewar. What makes TE great is you never know what you will find once you roll into battle. 

4. While I give the final say on all wars, I didn't have any real role in planning it. That said, I trust my government completely to plan and execute a good war. No one is ever going to call off a blitz just because the opposition looks like they may be in la la land defensively. There is a difference between day 4 when there is an expectation that there will be peace, and the end of day 11 when historically everyone is ready to fight. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn.  I wanted to shake the MasterMind's  hand.  Shoot!

So now I have to accept that the major targeting of OP was not an awesome plan but just an accident.

Total bubble busting!  :blush:

I wasn't a part of the actual targeting, but it would make sense to target the most experienced alliance of the group in the initial thrust. It is not evidence of a larger plot to veil a curbstomp, it's just good strategy. 60% or whatever the percentage is being placed toward historically active and experienced opponents doesn't bother me. If OP were say 20% of the opposition and took 80 or 90 percent of the effort, that would concern me. 

Paper aside, I can't have fun if my opponents aren't. We were hoping to have a fun war but clearly OP intends to make this war a precursor to a hostile round. Of course we know you will regroup, that itself is an argument against attempting to pull a fast one. I guess it wouldn't be a final round without TPC and OP going at it though lol.

lol good times.

You know, in the not too distant past someone tried to do that to us. I think it'd be pretty idiotic if we turned right around and tried to do the same thing knowing how that turned out for all involved just a few months ago.

All I have to say is this:

Get over yourself. Without a doubt OP is elite, but the delusions of grandeur lead you to believe that just about every defensive war you fight is some grand conspiracy to take you down. Let's call this for what it is--setting the "you should have built a certain way" argument aside (which I am not making), OP was completely unprepared for war. I have no clue why, because it's not like you, but that's what happened. 

In TE, I've come to expect a certain level of readiness from different alliances. OP is at the top of that list in terms of prep. A complete lack of any defensive posture--during the first weekend of the round no less, when wars historically start is expected for others. It's damn near malpractice for an alliance the caliber of OP. With a middling nation and terrible ground odds, I was able to roll (at least initially) through nations that lacked air, spies, and money. 

Of course, what I'm going to say will mean nothing to the opposition. You are going to be mad at the world no matter what. Just make sure you look a bit inward (and stop with the conspiracy theories!) before you start blaming others for all your troubles. 

Blah blah you know the "OP is elite" justification is played out. As I recall last round you were not quite so ready at the rounds beginning yourself. All that aside we grow weary of yours and your other gov members walls of text provoding justification for what is and clearly was meant as a one sided war. Go back to your paper because we dont want to hear it anymore.

As a whole, maybe OP could have been better prepared.

I know that down declares happen, and I try not to complain about it.  Sometimes the targeting just works out that way. 

My nation was prepped for war with GC's, full troops, spies and a decent WC for my size.

I was hit by 2 nations nearly double my NS - both holding nukes (and both used them).  It's senseless to bother buying a competitive AF when it will be nuked away. 

I can't say this was the case across the board, but I will say that although my losses were greater than the guys that hit me, I'm not impressed.

Good job getting nukes early and stacking up.  It worked in this instance.  I wouldn't pat yourselves on the back too hard though. 

I'm glad to see Citadel shed the 'We're just a training AA' shield and step up.  

It's a long round.....just sayin'.

I remember we (Hellas) did something similar last round and we got branded as the "evil" ones. I remember Chess complaining the most because he wasn't prepared. 

You did make a 2:1 downdeclare with about 40 nukes to one or two. There's a big difference between that and an NS updeclare with 50 nukes to 30. 

Blah blah you know the "OP is elite" justification is played out. As I recall last round you were not quite so ready at the rounds beginning yourself. All that aside we grow weary of yours and your other gov members walls of text provoding justification for what is and clearly was meant as a one sided war. Go back to your paper because we dont want to hear it anymore.

I remember we (Hellas) did something similar last round and we got branded as the "evil" ones. I remember Chess complaining the most because he wasn't prepared. 

(shrugs shoulders)

Nothing I said will change how any in OP feels. I said what I needed to say. As for Hellas, both sides have moved past last round. Friends through war (and 400k casualties)  :P

(shrugs shoulders)

Nothing I said will change how any in OP feels. I said what I needed to say. As for Hellas, both sides have moved past last round. Friends through war (and 400k casualties)  :P

I just wanted to read Chess' comment. HAHAHAHAHA.

CowboyTx: FYI, the nuke purchase page only lists your most recent purchase. You can't use it to get a count of your total nuke purchases, only the number of people who have purchased at least one nuke.

Also FYI, ChessTyrant is the minister of war, I'm the minister of BAWWWWW. Based on this thread, it sounds like all your business is with me, not him. I suggest you direct your message traffic appropriately.

Hal excepted. Never had a non-classy interaction with him. Paul can shove his belligerant I'll-make-this-so-unpleasant-you-never-do-it-again routine, though, and CowboyTx can shove his passive-aggressive-sugary-sweet-Southerner routine right after it.

Edit: I'm so drunk lol.

Edited by Einer

We definetly weren't prepared so I guess we are to blame. Also nice statistics Cowboy. Still a long round TPC, we will meet again.

"God forgives, OP doesn't" -OP

In my eyes, the guys at the start hit OP, probably cause they are the most dangerous whilst us late comers, like me, took 3 offensive slots against the rest.

Personally i have 3 NDO slot :)

CowboyTx can shove his passive-aggressive-sugary-sweet-Southerner routine right after it.

That certainly seems to be uncalled for.

Edited by Thomasj_tx

There was an agreement reached to  have a peace  on 3/4th of April update among all participants in this war.
That means, that the 4th of April will be the first day of peace.

Congratulations to all :)

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger

It's a constant 90 degrees here with great beaches.

B-)

Ah, thats exactly right, bro... !   King james, do you know where "The Island of Enchantment" is...?  Caribbean, Man,

Caribbean...!!!   Isn't it right, jierro? :P :ehm: :smug:

Ah, errp... CONGRATZ TO ALL PARTICIPANT IN THE WAR!!!

Edited by HDSupreme

To: DipxHitman
    Date: 4/3/2013 10:50:21 AM

Subject: RE: Peace Offer

Message: Cessation of Hostilities ?? i'm not hear anything yet from my gov about our peace.
sorry, but the war still go on

so is this your idea of peace TPC? I just started rebuilding and he took a cheap shot.... I am extremely dissapointed in this!

Edit:I know the war ends tomorrow, but some sportsmanship would have been nice ;) and also noticed a citadel nation declare on a misfit today! Is there really any need for that? :/

Edited by EddyH

To: DipxHitman
    Date: 4/3/2013 10:50:21 AM

Subject: RE: Peace Offer

Message: Cessation of Hostilities ?? i'm not hear anything yet from my gov about our peace.
sorry, but the war still go on

so is this your idea of peace TPC? I just started rebuilding and he took a cheap shot.... I am extremely dissapointed in this!

Edit:I know the war ends tomorrow, but some sportsmanship would have been nice ;) and also noticed a citadel nation declare on a misfit today! Is there really any need for that? :/

Sportsmanship from TPC pffft.

This is how they have fun.