Declaration of War

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP have 0, NDO have 0 and Misfits have 5 left!
Citadel and TPC have over 60?
They have over 10x the count of ours... Js

Edit: As it stands... Im the only nation to have anarchied a TPC nation and Citadel nation.... Compared to our combined anarchies of above 30? They have 2 in Anarchy combined and i had to use nukes to do so :s

Edited by EddyH

Props to The Misfits for launching more counters than either other alliance, despite having less than half as many players as are in OP or NDO. (They've launched ten, compared to OP's eight and NDO's six.)

Props to The Misfits for launching more counters than either other alliance, despite having less than half as many players as are in OP or NDO. (They've launched ten, compared to OP's eight and NDO's six.)

I second that - those guys have guts and I like them more and more, despite being nuked by them lol. Too bad they are dragging the SE concept of pacts into TE, where another alliance would join a fight without invitation. 

In this case, they always will be attacked together even though you want to attack only one of them or to balance the new addition in a fighting from their side, the defending side would invite their friends - but that's SE style, isn't it? Why would we want  two nearly identical games? (the difference being in the nation's life expectancy only :) )

Just my opinion.

Thanks :) just got to hope the counters work, rather than backfire.

I second that - those guys have guts and I like them more and more, despite being nuked by them lol. Too bad they are dragging the SE oconcept of pacts into TE, where another alliance would join a fight without invitation. 

In this case, they always will be attacked together even though you want to attack only one of them or to balance the new addition in a fighting from their side, the defending side would invite their friends - but that's SE style, isn't it? Why would we want  two nearly identical games? (the difference being in the nation's life expectancy only :) )

Just my opinion.

cosidering our combined nations and strength, i think the treaty is not as bad as it would be if we were bigger alliances :P.... Gotta do whats needed to survive, right?

Edit: put my part in with the quotes lol.... Also, when you say they join without invitation, that was fixed quickly and still states that it only takes effect upon request by either party :) Edited by EddyH

cosidering our combined nations and strength, i think the treaty is not as bad as it would be if we were bigger alliances :P.... Gotta do whats needed to survive, right?

Yet another SE concept, my friend. Being bigger in TE doesn't make you so much stronger. Even a group of micros, joining together for a war, would tear you apart.

Unless you'll involve into your pact 60%+  of all TE members...but that won't be the game we can enjoy, will it? :P

You got us good Chess. Holiday weekend has made countering, let alone fighting, very difficult, add to that the nuke advantage by your allies. But the arguments have all been discussed before... Should have bought nukes, should have bought tech, should have bought spies, blah blah blah. No crying here but don't post stats or try and blow smoke up people's #@@es and claim the war was anything but what it was...a BS cowardly move on TPC's part. I commend Citadel for building for an early but you guys rode along for the ride. The precedent has been set, the gauntlet laid and I promise you you will see us again.

Edited by paul711

Not SE concept... Just strategy :P

Maybe im just old school, but correct me if im wrong.... Im sure we all had treaties on TE from rounds 1 to 10 maybe more?

I've started in Round 9 and don't really remember those treaties. Probably was too busy doing my noobish things :P

If there were treaties, TE has been developing since. Nothing is the same and I'm expressing a general point of view,  which is prevalent in TE atm.

There are good reasons for those treaties to disappear. I believe we've had a thread addressing those reasons - quite a while ago.

You are absolutely right: it's an "old school". Everything old dies. I'm getting philosophical now lol

Not SE concept... Just strategy :P

Maybe im just old school, but correct me if im wrong.... Im sure we all had treaties on TE from rounds 1 to 10 maybe more?

I remember BG always trying to make sure he had us in TPF covered with plenty of treaties, even though they were always more of a reason to tech raid people in alliances. ;)

Treaties are kind of lame.

Sorry I don't have better stats. I was busy watching the Jayhawks choke away a commanding lead that evening.

Go Blue!  At least they didn't get dominated by Michigan like the Gators did today. :)

Bring on the Orangemen!!

Not that anyone cares, actually. It's pretty much cherry picking AA's without nukes, spies.

As with any first war in TE. Its all about the blitz, the spying of nukes etc. And keeping your enemy out of the 5%, while you maintain it.

As with any first war in TE. Its all about the blitz, the spying of nukes etc. And keeping your enemy out of the 5%, while you maintain it.

I don't know about the maintaining part, 6 vs. 45 anarchies speaks for itself. 14 are from Nukes on OP/NDO/Misfits side and 3 on TPC/Citadel's side. Props to TPC and Citadel, you guys are really killing shit this war. I guess you didn't want to see OP build up like crazy this round like they did last round. Ironic is it not? :P 

You got us good Chess. Holiday weekend has made countering, let alone fighting, very difficult, add to that the nuke advantage by your allies. But the arguments have all been discussed before... Should have bought nukes, should have bought tech, should have bought spies, blah blah blah. No crying here but don't post stats or try and blow smoke up people's #@@es and claim the war was anything but what it was...a BS cowardly move on TPC's part. I commend Citadel for building for an early but you guys rode along for the ride. The precedent has been set, the gauntlet laid and I promise you you will see us again.

First things first. Stats should have been calculated and posted in the original DoW. I may have been away slaving over a paper, but I take responsibility for the lack of stats. I took a look at the alliances before I gave the final ok and things looked fine. I should have made sure stats were calculated.

Next. Are you serious? Have we forgotten some of the wars that have been declared during the last two rounds? Granted, it is a holiday weekend, but this is TE..the first "weekend" of the round no less. There was absolutely no expectation that anyone was going to hold on getting their first wars off. 

At the risk of breaking my #1 rule in life--as far as I can see, TPC has only used 6 nukes in this war and has a total of 7 at the moment. I have none and I was nuked earlier today. So I don't know why we're at the receiving end of your threats. You won't hear me argue that OP or anyone else should have done this or that--building is a decision every alliance has to make for themselves. You will hear me call BS on the assertion that TPC is along for the ride with Citadel however. TPC does not and will never need anyone to fight our battles for us. It's called a joint-op for a reason, people want to work together and have fun during a round of war. I'm not quite sure what else to say, or why I decided to detour from my paper to speak since for those that already have their biases this is going in one ear and right out the other. 

Go Blue!  At least they didn't get dominated by Michigan like the Gators did today. :)

Bring on the Orangemen!!

My bracket turned around big time this weekend. I just hope Louisville and Michigan keep winning 

My bracket turned around big time this weekend. I just hope Louisville and Michigan keep winning 

As a diehard UL fan I just want to see them bring it back for Ware. I see nothing stopping Louisville now, before today I thought Syracuse would beat UL if they played them in the Finals, but the motivation and drive this team has unmatched by any team I have seen. Also they didn't cut down the nets tonight or at the Big East Tournament games because they are waiting for the big nets ;)

First things first. Stats should have been calculated and posted in the original DoW. I may have been away slaving over a paper, but I take responsibility for the lack of stats. I took a look at the alliances before I gave the final ok and things looked fine. I should have made sure stats were calculated.

Next. Are you serious? Have we forgotten some of the wars that have been declared during the last two rounds? Granted, it is a holiday weekend, but this is TE..the first "weekend" of the round no less. There was absolutely no expectation that anyone was going to hold on getting their first wars off. 

At the risk of breaking my #1 rule in life--as far as I can see, TPC has only used 6 nukes in this war and has a total of 7 at the moment. I have none and I was nuked earlier today. So I don't know why we're at the receiving end of your threats. You won't hear me argue that OP or anyone else should have done this or that--building is a decision every alliance has to make for themselves. You will hear me call BS on the assertion that TPC is along for the ride with Citadel however. TPC does not and will never need anyone to fight our battles for us. It's called a joint-op for a reason, people want to work together and have fun during a round of war. I'm not quite sure what else to say, or why I decided to detour from my paper to speak since for those that already have their biases this is going in one ear and right out the other. 

I hear you King but hear me... We won't cry but we don't want your tears later either. We are tired of your crap. As for threats you know us, you know we will regroup, and you know we will get even.

If this is your idea of a fun war your gonna love us later. Edited by paul711

I hear you King but hear me... We won't cry but we don't want your tears later either. We are tired of your crap. As for threats you know us, you know we will regroup, and you know we will get even.

If this is your idea of a fun war your gonna love us later.

And OP vs. TPC is going to be the story this round, OP it'll be a fun round, I know my last war with TPC I got around 400,000 Casualties.

And OP vs. TPC is going to be the story this round, OP it'll be a fun round, I know my last war with TPC I got around 400,000 Casualties.

I sure hope there isn't any crying.  And if TPC and OP are going to be the story of the round, I hope for OP's sake they get more help from their largest nation than what they've gotten so far. Rexius still has zero casualties.

Edit: For spelling.

Edited by JonBoy16