Request to the admin

I think i will follow you on that one... Made some good friends on both SE and TE, but SE is getting boring, collecting taxes and building a warchest until a war kicks off and then the same routine afterwards.

With TE we get to try new tactics every round and its more fun! But the community for TE has dropped a lot! I remember back in the early days when the community was as good as the SE community!

At least if its an issue with numbers... Then why not just cut out the awards for winning? And just let those that enjoy the game play for the sake of playing? Most of us dont even care about prizes.... I have been here since the first round and tbh if i even bothered with winning i would have tried a long time ago :P

I play TE for prizes :P

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sad that TE is going away..

Well, if it's going away for sure, would be nice to be given some notice in advance by admin. Just good manners to say bye to one's friends before leaving CN.

Good manners aren't happening 

Well, if it's going away for sure, would be nice to be given some notice in advance by admin. Just good manners to say bye to one's friends before leaving CN.

Good manners aren't happening 

And by goodbye, I mean going total @!#?% at everyone :P

We should all blow up his inbox :P

He's already been rolled

I think i will follow you on that one... Made some good friends on both SE and TE, but SE is getting boring, collecting taxes and building a warchest until a war kicks off and then the same routine afterwards.

With TE we get to try new tactics every round and its more fun! But the community for TE has dropped a lot! I remember back in the early days when the community was as good as the SE community!

At least if its an issue with numbers... Then why not just cut out the awards for winning? And just let those that enjoy the game play for the sake of playing? Most of us dont even care about prizes.... I have been here since the first round and tbh if i even bothered with winning i would have tried a long time ago :P

I agree. I would rogue more as well ;)

Edited by Dragonshy

I've played a round where I joined a team going for the win.  The most boring round ever.

Maybe it's the money.  Not sure how many of us are donating to get an edge and if there's not enough maybe we all need to ask ourselves how much is TE worth it to us.  I know I don't always use that donation button every round. 

I've played a round where I joined a team going for the win.  The most boring round ever.

Maybe it's the money.  Not sure how many of us are donating to get an edge and if there's not enough maybe we all need to ask ourselves how much is TE worth it to us.  I know I don't always use that donation button every round. 

I donated once.... I managed to get a nuke, was still a noob at this point haha! So i forgot to buy spies and lost the nuke.... Worst 20 quid i had ever spent... Cause i got destroyed within 2 days :P
If donating will help the game, i wouldnt mind paying like 10-20 pounds for a 3 month round.... Just like a subscription?

I donated once.... I managed to get a nuke, was still a noob at this point haha! So i forgot to buy spies and lost the nuke.... Worst 20 quid i had ever spent... Cause i got destroyed within 2 days :P
If donating will help the game, i wouldnt mind paying like 10-20 pounds for a 3 month round.... Just like a subscription?

That's almost guaranteed to limit TE to less than 100 players each round

Me go college. :facepalm:

While I would like more startup money, I think this would make suicide rogues more of an issue than they already are.

A good point to bring up and would more then likely be an issue

That's almost guaranteed to limit TE to less than 100 players each round

Maybe.... But it would make a steady income for the admin allowing TE to continue running?

It's just a suggestion, i would prefer to continue playing for free obviously... But if paying a few quid for 3 months is what it takes then i would happily pay it.

Keep it free.

If it cost money for the game to play no one will play it.

Active players in TE should get rewarded. Thats how u get more members and keep TE alive.

The whole spirit of this game is that it's not supposed to be a pay-to-play.  However, some kind of reward in SE for decent performance in TE is a good idea, and the rewards shouldn't just be limited to the top 10 players.  Obviously, finishing in first place or thereabouts should carry special rewards - the in-store credit and donation credit are fantastic - but there needs to be more spread around that isn't gonna imbalance SE, but make TE a worthwhile investment.  Sometimes alliances use TE as a means of "boot-camping" new recruits.  If you can generate interest by making it appeal to alliances, you can get more people from SE involved.  Now, these prizes are just examples - so don't knock the examples, knock the idea if you don't like it because the examples are literally being pulled out of my @$$ as i type this - but...

Finish in top 25% - Reduced likelihood of negative events in SE.

Finish in top 20% - An extra bonus resource.  You could get pretty creative with these.

Finish in top 15% - +10% Spy Attack Strength and +10% GA strength in SE.

Finish in top 10% - Level 10 Aircraft (if your SE nation has, say, 750 tech).

Finish in top 5% - SE HNMS allows you to build 10 additional nukes instead of 5.

To keep things fresh, these bonuses would be applied ONLY for the duration of the next, say, two rounds (six months), which'll ensure people keep coming back.  The dynamics of the game could shift significantly.  It would reduce the flag-running aspect, that's for sure, and incentivize just participation.  People aren't going to want to join up if the incentives are sheerly for the top 10 out of a pool of thousands, and like it or not SE is an alliance-dominated game and TE is too, so appealing to alliances looking to boost their military output is a good idea.  You could even incentivize repeated players additionally with a wonder available after playing through a total of say, 4 rounds (1 year), even if it was just a generic happiness wonder.

The whole spirit of this game is that it's not supposed to be a pay-to-play.  However, some kind of reward in SE for decent performance in TE is a good idea, and the rewards shouldn't just be limited to the top 10 players.  Obviously, finishing in first place or thereabouts should carry special rewards - the in-store credit and donation credit are fantastic - but there needs to be more spread around that isn't gonna imbalance SE, but make TE a worthwhile investment.  Sometimes alliances use TE as a means of "boot-camping" new recruits.  If you can generate interest by making it appeal to alliances, you can get more people from SE involved.  Now, these prizes are just examples - so don't knock the examples, knock the idea if you don't like it because the examples are literally being pulled out of my @$$ as i type this - but...

Finish in top 20% - An extra bonus resource.  You could get pretty creative with these.
Finish in top 5% - SE HNMS allows you to build 10 additional nukes instead of 5.

To keep things fresh, these bonuses would be applied ONLY for the duration of the next, say, two rounds (six months), which'll ensure people keep coming back.  The dynamics of the game could shift significantly.  It would reduce the flag-running aspect, that's for sure, and incentivize just participation.  People aren't going to want to join up if the incentives are sheerly for the top 10 out of a pool of thousands, and like it or not SE is an alliance-dominated game and TE is too, so appealing to alliances looking to boost their military output is a good idea.  You could even incentivize repeated players additionally with a wonder available after playing through a total of say, 4 rounds (1 year), even if it was just a generic happiness wonder.

Now this a good idea

Why do all rewards have to be for your SE nation? There are some people who are dedicated to just TE like I am, j could care less about what happens to my SE nation. I just love war which is why I'm playing TE. To keep all rewards towards SE would be silly, maybe add that as an option, that's something that would be better Imo.

If you already love TE, then there is no need to incentivise you to join :P

Anyway, Rexius, before you quit, maybe try going into government (if TE ends). It really can be interesting sometimes.

I"m fine with TE being finished, it's already too contentious and hate-charged anyway.  Too much plotting, too much cheating and too many people not in it for the right reasons.  Good riddance I think.

I"m fine with TE being finished, it's already too contentious and hate-charged anyway.  Too much plotting, too much cheating and too many people not in it for the right reasons.  Good riddance I think.

I wholeheartedly agree. 

If you win TE, you can choose any nation in SE, and admin has to delete it.

My only suggestion.

Ruining someone's fun for the game is horrible, have some morals... I would leave the game all together if an idea like this was implemented.

Ruining someone's fun for the game is horrible, have some morals... I would leave the game all together if an idea like this was implemented.

Second that. TE has gathered sad people in unusually high numbers indeed :)

The suggestion that occurred to me a while back was that you could change someone's SE nation name/bio to anything you wanted. That would probably get some people interested. :)

The suggestion that occurred to me a while back was that you could change someone's SE nation name/bio to anything you wanted. That would probably get some people interested. :)

This is something that could turn funny, guessing the person would be able to edit it still or would it permanent?

This is something that could turn funny, guessing the person would be able to edit it still or would it permanent?

Well, if they won once afterwards, they could change it back :P (Or twice, to change the original offender's name/bio as well.)

So much pessimism here.  I'd kill for a chance to change my SE nation name because I was drunk when I made it :P  Maybe that could be a TE prize

Edited by Nick GhostWolf