Equilibrium Coalition & Umbrella Coalition Agree on Peace

Brehon

I had a choice, MHA/Sparta and Sf/XX by proxy or DH/CnG etc. Both sides were playing to our sympathies and attempting to get us on side and everyone was being a complete tool about it(including myself). I picked the latter and the rest is history.

Maybe I missed something, but this was the most honest and understandable explanation that I have heard from Umbrella. I may not agree but I can see the reason behind it.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I missed something, but this was the most honest and understandable explanation that I have heard from Umbrella. I may not agree but I can see the reason behind it.

That's all it really boiled down to, both sides had perceived allegiances and debts that needed paying off, all of which were used as means to try and get the other on side. Someone was always going to get shafted in a situation like that and unfortunatly that meant you guys.

If I could've handled it differently I would but there was no pleasing everyone and that was the main mistake that I made. It's why by the end of it I had no sympathy for the people I shafted because from my perspective I was busting a nut to try and please you all and you couldn't see that because you got the raw end of the deal.

Anyway like I said, it's all history now. You all got your pound of flesh in compensation and no doubt you'll be back for another in the future. I'm fine with that, I'd do the same in your shoes.

Umbrella-Sparta relationship in one single image:
A86VBd1.gif

were you ever a member of umb or sparta or someone directly involved with what happened? no? then kindly take your opinion and shove it up your hole tia

if I actively wanted to see sparta shafted(or if i didnt care if they were) I would've dropped that treaty the moment rolling SF/XX was an option on the table instead of busting my balls for months trying to find a solution that meant nobody was to be screwed over.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Touched a nerve?  :v:

it's more that people such as yourself tried to spin it as if we didn't care about our allies which is and was bs and made life more difficult for me because it was easier for people to accept that instead of the fact that we were made to choose between two groups of long-standing allies and friends.

people talking about things they had nothing to do with and attempting to score political points in doing so does touch a nerve, so again kindly take your uninformed opinions and get out

Frustration is a human emotion.

I see many on all sides experiencing frustration, especially during discussions like this. Similarly, I see moralising on both sides. Of course, those arguing that the other side does not have moral superiority fail to perceive that such arguments dance around the fact that standards for diplomacy are set collectively. Furthermore, everyone spins and everyone tells the truth. Unless you can state categorically that something is truthful or not, then accusations of spin are insubstantial on their own. Bias is ingrained into everyone, deal with it.

Given that this conflict has solved nothing, other than testing war strategies, checking treaties and all the usual things... I think it's safe to say that the lessons of this war were limited. These were the same arguments that were had during the war; why must we all sit through the same boring material during peacetime? Hopefully everyone will figure it out before Round 2.

it's more that people such as yourself tried to spin it as if we didn't care about our allies which is and was bs and made life more difficult for me because it was easier for people to accept that instead of the fact that we were made to choose between two groups of long-standing allies and friends.

people talking about things they had nothing to do with and attempting to score political points in doing so does touch a nerve, so again kindly take your uninformed opinions and get out

Don't try to act like a victim, if you sign treaties with two groups that are going after each other, you can only blame yourself and your FA team. 

Pro-Tip: Saying to me get out, isn't much effective.

Don't try to act like a victim, if you sign treaties with two groups that are going after each other, you can only blame yourself and your FA team. 

Pro-Tip: Saying to me get out, isn't much effective.

I'm not acting like a victim, just stating what happened from my perspective. You're also ignoring the fact that the treaties were signed before conflict arose between those alliances, your ordering of events is all wrong. We didnt sign with mha/sparta after it was made known that people wanted to goto war with their sphere, the treaties had existed for years prior to the buildup to the war.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

bhane you want to know why it wasnt done.  Great Propoganda from CO.   OH MY it will be the return of Q era reps and terms.   Leadership apparently hopes this will be remembered in future wars whether they are right or wrong only time will tell.  Me personally I didnt want reps they are too much of a hassle how ever i did want some basic terms to restrict the rebuilding time for MK Umbrella TOP.  It would have allowed for EQ AAs to at least get a jump over the mid and lower tiers.  Nothing to harsh as a matter of fact it was called lenient when it was laid upon Valhalla.  No outside aid for 30 or 60 days.  Easy to maintain easy to watch and truly only stunts growth long enough for us to rebuild enough to equal things out. 

While those are all good reasons to not impose reps, they are not the actual reason.  When it boils down to it, Umbrella would not have agreed to reps.  Any claim otherwise is bull.  No outside aid?  Maybe, though very unlikely.  The only sure available "term" EQ could've imposed on Umbrella would be more war, and that comes at a big cost.  

I had a choice, MHA/Sparta and Sf/XX by proxy or DH/CnG etc. Both sides were playing to our sympathies and attempting to get us on side and everyone was being a complete tool about it(including myself). I picked the latter and the rest is history.

Listen, I know that we started out as foe.

But after that courageous act that you showed me against the one they call Rey, maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Doomhouse.

Edited by IYIyTh

I'm not acting like a victim, just stating what happened from my perspective. You're also ignoring the fact that the treaties were signed before conflict arose between those alliances, your ordering of events is all wrong. We didnt sign with mha/sparta after it was made known that people wanted to goto war with their sphere, the treaties had existed for years prior to the buildup to the war.

Yeah both treaties existed for years, but your just canceled/downgraded them when they lost their meatshield value for you. 

Listen, I know that we started out as foe.

But after that courageous act that you showed me against the one they call Rey, maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Doomhouse.

Welp, it was nice while it lasted JA.  How can our friendship stand up to such charming overtures.

Yeah both treaties existed for years, but your just canceled/downgraded them when they lost their meatshield value for you. 

nope.avi

Sparta remained allied until after the war when tensions had escalated beyond the point of reconciliation, MHA was downgraded before for similar reasons. See what I mean, you're incredibly misinformed. 

Anyway, that's enough about that. Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

While those are all good reasons to not impose reps, they are not the actual reason.  When it boils down to it, Umbrella would not have agreed to reps.  Any claim otherwise is bull.  No outside aid?  Maybe, though very unlikely.  The only sure available "term" EQ could've imposed on Umbrella would be more war, and that comes at a big cost.  

If you say so Im sure your more in touch with how my leaders are opperating than I am.  Point is instead of negotiation it seems as if it was a roll over.  The cost to keep just Umbrella at war wouldnt have been sever there were more than enough nations to rotate in and out on just DH.  Instead of thumping your chest be thankfull to your allies as they could have walked anytime via white peace afaik.  Some of them took quite a beating as well. CnG and VE both took signicant damage to save DH pixels. (I wouldnt have expected any less from most of those and was pleasantly surprised by ODN and VE.  A tip of my cap to all especially the last two.)  My assesment of why it happened I would bet is much closer to the truth than yours is.  Do not be so delusional that at least AI had the resolve to continue this on for a much longer period and it would have cost you more than us.  The price on both sides would be high but never the less it was a bill many of us were willing to pay.

If you say so Im sure your more in touch with how my leaders are opperating than I am.  Point is instead of negotiation it seems as if it was a roll over.  The cost to keep just Umbrella at war wouldnt have been sever there were more than enough nations to rotate in and out on just DH.  Instead of thumping your chest be thankfull to your allies as they could have walked anytime via white peace afaik.  Some of them took quite a beating as well. CnG and VE both took signicant damage to save DH pixels. (I wouldnt have expected any less from most of those and was pleasantly surprised by ODN and VE.  A tip of my cap to all especially the last two.)  My assesment of why it happened I would bet is much closer to the truth than yours is.  Do not be so delusional that at least AI had the resolve to continue this on for a much longer period and it would have cost you more than us.  The price on both sides would be high but never the less it was a bill many of us were willing to pay.

Guess not willing enough to, you know, actually do it.
It doesn't matter why your leadership tells you they didn't impose reps on umb, it was not an option available to them.

As for our allies, why would you even say that? What, you think we're dumb pricks that appreciate our allies less than your side? Did your alliance accomplish whatever you think you accomplished all by yourself? Does your side have a monopoly on friendship? Why even bring that up? Edited by bhane

Congrats on peace everyone.  Personally, I think the peace terms are just fine, exactly how they should be.

Also, I think this is the most popcorn worthy peace announcement thread I've read, other than ones that have included my own alliance anyway.  Interesting.

Cut the shit Umbrella. We all had a good time fighting in this war, but our coalition lost this fight. We dominated the upper tiers, but we got crushed in the lower tiers. Our name on the OP says we surrendered. We made fun of Sparta for not being able to admit defeat, let's not be afraid to admit that we lost this battle.

I don't think y'all lost many battles. You lost the war.

Not disagreeing with your post, just being nitpicky. :P

Actually in Malonia we have very fine 4 year institutions that teach wholesome values such as "love they neighbor or make them glow". I mean, you couldn't very well be slinging otherworldly insults. While you continue to deflect from the point that I did not in any way refer to the outcome of the war and continue to avoid saying "Oops, you're right, I screwed up.", I will continue to let you dig. In fact, I may have a shovel around here to assist.  Any more witty barbs you'd like to sling from the hip, pilgrim?

See you for round 2, loser.   :)