Equilibrium Coalition & Umbrella Coalition Agree on Peace

Brehon

You can't seriously be attempting to abstract the entire conflict to: EQ:1, CO: 0, on the basis of the word "surrender" can you?

Because the "scoreboard" I'm looking at says that both sides accomplished their goals in this conflict.

If your over all goal was you lose massive NS and then alienate half your coalition then you do get a gold star.  Well played.     

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Care to elaborate, please?

Not really.

Heh, this is the first time in 6 years I could definitively say I/Sparta have wanted to destroy someone/something. So sue me/us.

You can't sit here and tell me you're surprised you got rolled. DH doesn't even buy that. Ardus has been saying for at least a year, MK's day will come. CnG's been joined with them at the hip through countless shenanigans.

I never said I was surprised this war happened. In fact....DH can attest that C&G predicted this war would happen in exactly the way it happened about 2 months prior to hostilities actually happening.

As for the other stuff...when the day comes it comes and there is nothing anyone will be able to do to stop it. But until then, it is not time to roll over and die. It's time to bounce back and fight harder.

If your over all goal was you lose massive NS and then alienate half your coalition then you do get a gold star.  Well played.     

Yes because your coalition took no damage and no tempers ever flared in your private coalition channels. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sardonic

Yes because your coalition took no damage and no tempers ever flared in your private coalition channels. :rolleyes:

Emphasis on "private coalition channels". As opposite to "publicly on the OWF".

Because when you can no longer do your dirthy laundry indoors, and the stench begins to spread across the neighborhood, it's kind of not a good sign.

In what ways has Umbrella proven to be a threat to Argent?  Until you gov change we were close allies, then you joined people whose stated goal was to attack us.  You also joined a block who had a goal to roll us.

So how did Umbrella prove to be a threat to Argent?  Remember you declared war on our allies.

You and your allies had intentions of rolling Valhalla and later AI. This is a common fact with indisputable evidence if you're going to try to argue this after everyone has viewed the evidence. AI were our friends. So we acted accordingly. Add to that derogatory comments were made about our allies in TIO, UE, and GPF; that once our closest allies in IRON chose a side we also made our choice.

Sure Argent specifically was never under the gun, but this side of the web where our closest friends and longest allies certainly were. We chose our side. You chose yours. We beat the shit out of you. End of story.

Besides representing Argent and UMB as bffs in the run up to the war is just completely incorrect. This has a very circular feel to it now though. So unless you need something clarified, I don't feel the need to respond any longer.

You and your allies had intentions of rolling Valhalla and later AI. This is a common fact with indisputable evidence if you're going to try to argue this after everyone has viewed the evidence. AI were our friends. So we acted accordingly. Add to that derogatory comments were made about our allies in TIO, UE, and GPF; that once our closest allies in IRON chose a side we also made our choice.

Sure Argent specifically was never under the gun, but this side of the web where our closest friends and longest allies certainly were. We chose our side. You chose yours. We beat the shit out of you. End of story.

Besides representing Argent and UMB as bffs in the run up to the war is just completely incorrect. This has a very circular feel to it now though. So unless you need something clarified, I don't feel the need to respond any longer.

You keep trumpeting this as a common fact... which is great, except its just not true. 

Well I have also seen logs and spent time talking about the incident in question.  While it is true we talked about the possibility of attacking AI, we have decided not to.  But by that point everyone had spread the rumour, its like we're back in high school with all the "he said she said" that people are saying.  Its to the point where nobody cares about the truth because they've never heard the truth, and the truth doesn't matter since people don't want the truth, they want the convenient lie that jutsifies their actions and their views.

Umbrella was a good ally to Argent as far as I can tell.  You at least had the minerals to tell us where you stood months prior so it didn't come as a suprise.  There was a time when Umbrella viewed Argent as one of our closest allies.  What changed?  You changed, thats what. 

You chose your side.  You chose allies who wanted to roll another one of your allies.  You are not the victim here.  DR is not the victim.  TIO is not the victim.  You chose your side, and your side was the ones who wanted to make the moves to roll us, not the other way around. 

But that doesn't matter.  Nobody cares about the truth, just what they can spin to make themselves look good.

Edited by Caliph

Now, the real fun begins. The political stage building to a rematch, as there wasn't an utter defeat or a resounding victory for either side. Now we will bear witness to the political schemes, and economic programs to prepare for the next round. Being irrelevant and all, I will enjoy watching this.

Good war. Shout out to ODN for wrecking my nation haha.

Don't take it to the bank - I haven't verified it - but I'm pretty sure two of your three longest allies were TOP and Umbrella.

I'd love to see that evidence that our side was about to roll AI. I've heard a lot of "it's clear, it's indisputable". Never seen the logs.

You chose yours. We beat the shit out of you. End of story.

You didn't beat the shit out of anyone. Your contribution was to team up with twelve other alliances to attack what had previously been your oldest ally, an ally you had been in two blocs with over the course five years. You played your part, nothing more. So stop puffing your chest out and acting like you did something special.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

I'm happy to say that peace has been achieved! Congratulations to all of EQ on their hard, earned victory, as it was no easy feat. I'm happy to say that as a nation of GATO, I have personally lost 66% of my warchest and over 5500 tech after being staggered for over 50 days!

Good game, all.

o/ Peace

Umbrella and Argent just drifted apart, I for one (having been in Argent for a considerable length of time) have no ill will towards Umbrella whatsoever.

TOP? TOP can go frak themselves for all I care.  We were close allies for a long time, yes. But for TOP members who certainly should know better to walk around here acting like we suddenly just left you in the dust through no fault of your own is disingenuous even by the incredibly loose standards of the OWF.

Time will tell that DH will be under the microscope of everyone and if they appear to be becoming too much of a threat they won't just get defeated next time, they'll be rolled permanently.  Their best course is a lay low for an extended period.  I doubt it will happen though.  Too much arrogance in their leadership.

Too much in their leadership? Please. If our leaders got off their moral high horses, EQ would have been better off both now and in the future.

Umbrella and Argent just drifted apart, I for one (having been in Argent for a considerable length of time) have no ill will towards Umbrella whatsoever.

TOP? TOP can go frak themselves for all I care.  We were close allies for a long time, yes. But for TOP members who certainly should know better to walk around here acting like we suddenly just left you in the dust through no fault of your own is disingenuous even by the incredibly loose standards of the OWF.

No one is saying that. I simply pointed out to Omni that he has no reason to puff his chest out and say y'all beat the shit out of anyone, much less Umbrella. Edited by Feanor Noldorin