Its interesting that you say this, because in the 2nd round of my wars, I "fought" your currently largest nation Arkios, and he spent the first 3 days of our war complaining about how it was unfair that I attacked him after he hit one of our guys.  After that, he stopped fighting all together.  And it looks like he hasn't done anything since then, besides rebuy infra.

So as terrible as GATO is, (and they are) don't think for a second your mates over in RnR are any better.

So, far VE is alone in this sentiment.......I wonder why? It's not sour grapes because we came out of you canceling on us to bet in a better position than you is it? Nobody in VE ever approached me to ask for help with anything. Seems the problem is deeper than any of that. VE has been on this line for long before the war even......so to be honest I probably would have told you to fuck off had you asked. Maybe that's just where we're at.....So, whatever.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We would have eventually gotten there". Wow, you paint a picture of a highly organised and efficient military machine. Two months into a war and after ignored military commands you're still banking on the hope that eventually some of your nations will respond. No wonder you guys are thought of in such high esteem by your allies that are on the other side.

What ignored military commands?

So, far VE is alone in this sentiment.......I wonder why? It's not sour grapes because we came out of you canceling on us to bet in a better position than you is it? Nobody in VE ever approached me to ask for help with anything. Seems the problem is deeper than any of that. VE has been on this line for long before the war even......so to be honest I probably would have told you to fuck off had you asked. Maybe that's just where we're at.....So, whatever.

Nobody in VE expected any direct help from GATO, the point here is your alliance beng bestowed with false platitudes about how hard you fought and how committed you were and us calling BS.

Edited by Kowalski

Those who you told to fight and didn't. Or is this a "they didn't refuse they were just slow" situation? Also playing the 'long game', huh?

Look at our alliance and how many we have in peace above 80k. Those guys are the only ones who didn't follow orders. Yes some were slow and that was what my angry rant in Schatt's op was about. Nothing more, nothing less. 

We don't owe VE shit. We did what we were asked and we did that well. Had we been asked to do more by someone we cared about. No hesitation. If CnG or HB or Hooligans or EvU want to bitch at us for something we did or didn't do we'll be glad to listen. They know where to find me and have the whole war. As for your whining...tell it to someone who cares. You got what you wanted. Congrats. I hope you feel great about yourselves. In the end I'm sure it accomplished a lot. 

Look at our alliance and how many we have in peace above 80k. Those guys are the only ones who didn't follow orders. Yes some were slow and that was what my angry rant in Schatt's op was about. Nothing more, nothing less.

So did some people refuse orders, or didn't they? You seem confused.

We don't owe VE shit. We did what we were asked and we did that well. Had we been asked to do more by someone we cared about. No hesitation. If CnG or HB or Hooligans or EvU want to bitch at us for something we did or didn't do we'll be glad to listen. They know where to find me and have the whole war. As for your whining...tell it to someone who cares. You got what you wanted. Congrats. I hope you feel great about yourselves. In the end I'm sure it accomplished a lot.

Yours and some of your bloc-mates attitudes towards VE are well-documented, which is why we didn't expect any help. I thought I'd explained this. I also don't expect you to care; although you committed to a coalition it was obvious that some members of the opposite coalition were more important than members of your own and you did what you could (politically and through military inactivity) to help them out. It happens. I'm also pretty sure that I said I'm not whining, I just don't want to see poor misguided people giving credit to an alliance where none is due. I'm sure as a responsible gov member you wouldn't want to be getting credit for something you hadn't done either, right?

I also don't expect you to care; although you committed to a coalition it was obvious that some members of the opposite coalition were more important than members of your own and you did what you could (politically and through military inactivity) to help them out.

VE doesn't have much of a platform to criticize other alliances for stuff like this, just sayin'.

VE doesn't have much of a platform to criticize other alliances for stuff like this, just sayin'.

Perhaps you could 'just say' where I criticized them for it it? I said it happens. Magicninja seems to be under the impression that we're upset that we didn't receive help, I was pointing out that we didn't expect help for the reasons given. Didn't say they were wrong to do it, didn't say it hasn't happened before or won't happen again.

So did some people refuse orders, or didn't they? You seem confused.Yours and some of your bloc-mates attitudes towards VE are well-documented, which is why we didn't expect any help. I thought I'd explained this. I also don't expect you to care; although you committed to a coalition it was obvious that some members of the opposite coalition were more important than members of your own and you did what you could (politically and through military inactivity) to help them out. It happens. I'm also pretty sure that I said I'm not whining, I just don't want to see poor misguided people giving credit to an alliance where none is due. I'm sure as a responsible gov member you wouldn't want to be getting credit for something you hadn't done either, right?

Refuse? No. No one stood up and said no I'm not doing that. When I ordered everyone under 100k to peace. All but 3-4 real members didn't make it...with 2 days notice. The 100k+ Guys I ordered to hit Legion and what GOD had at the time when we entered did great. When I ordered 80k-100k guys out we did come out sluggish but eventually within 3-4 days pretty much everyone but those 5 were out fighting and cycling and re-engaging like they should. So refuse orders? Absolutely not. 5 not coming out to fight out of 40 is pretty damn good for GATO. As for 60k+ we should have brought them out a long time ago but there was too long of a debate in what to do in coalition planning and in the end peace won out against my recommendations (I wanted to take the long tiered approach but people said VE and others were hurting and couldn't last). So they never really had time to follow through with orders. Enough came out for a round that RnR and Legion are down to a ceiling of 60k. The rest of 60k+ and everyone else for that matter I sent a message to come out if you want but it's no longer needed. So after all is said and done....5 people did not follow orders to attack and 3-4 didn't follow orders to go to peace. You want to judge me and GATO on that...fine. 

As far as I know we're just getting credit for doing what was asked of us. You seem to be upset because no one is patting you on the back for going out and getting destroyed. We'll you didn't get destroyed on our behalf so like I said we don't owe you anything. 

Edited by magicninja

With all due respect, VE fought on one of the toughest fronts of the war and since they didn't have any treaties that EQ had to tip toe around, they were overwhelmed since day 1.

Of all the alliances on the iC side, I would say VE can rightfully criticize anyone and telling them to stfu, just because they aren't willing to help iC spin things is a little sad.

As far as I know we're just getting credit for doing what was asked of us. You seem to be upset because no one is patting you on the back for going out and getting destroyed. We'll you didn't get destroyed on our behalf so like I said we don't owe you anything. 

So, giving it all for allies is no longer worthy of praise ?? And fighting for one round in a war that lasted 2 months is doing it right?? I guess all of GATO could have stayed in PM and done even better.

With all due respect, VE fought on one of the toughest fronts of the war and since they didn't have any treaties that EQ had to tip toe around, they were overwhelmed since day 1.
Of all the alliances on the iC side, I would say VE can rightfully criticize anyone and telling them to stfu, just because they aren't willing to help iC spin things is a little sad.

You misunderstand, I'm not referring to this war, I'm referring to past wars when the VE-GOD treaty was still a thing. I also didn't tell them to shut up, however I would argue that mutual membership of a coalition in an ongoing war is good cause to show a united front in public, at least until the war is over.

So, giving it all for allies is no longer worthy of praise ??

Acting completely counter to coalition strategy isn't particularly praise-worthy, no. Edited by WorldConqueror

Refuse? No. No one stood up and said no I'm not doing that. When I ordered everyone under 100k to peace. All but 3-4 real members didn't make it...with 2 days notice. The 100k+ Guys I ordered to hit Legion and what GOD had at the time when we entered did great. When I ordered 80k-100k guys out we did come out sluggish but eventually within 3-4 days pretty much everyone but those 5 were out fighting and cycling and re-engaging like they should. So refuse orders? Absolutely not. 5 not coming out to fight out of 40 is pretty damn good for GATO. As for 60k+ we should have brought them out a long time ago but there was too long of a debate in what to do in coalition planning and in the end peace won out against my recommendations. So they never really had time to follow through with orders. Enough came out for a round that RnR and Legion are down to a ceiling of 60k. The rest of 60k+ and everyone else for that matter I sent a message to come out if you want but it's no longer needed. So after all is said and done....5 people did not follow orders to attack and 3-4 didn't follow orders to go to peace. You want to judge me and GATO on that...fine.

Your members didn't follow orders. Either they stod up and said no, they saw the request and chose to ignore it or were so inactive that they didn't see the request until days/weeks later. Either way your military performance in this war has been disinterested and flimsy, which is why I disgreed with people saying that you've been involved in a beatdown and had gone through a lot for your allies. You haven't. There may be a good reason for this and you may never have had the intention or responsibility to do so, but it doesn't change the fact that you guys getting credit for it is wrong.

Ever seen that Chris Rock skit where he goes on about how parents claim credit for looking after their kids, before reminding them that YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT DUMBASS!? Well congratulations GATO, you've committed minimal resources to war effort on the same side as your bloc in an unresponsive and ineffecient manner. That's the bare minimum expected of you and you managed to hit those targets, well done. If you're happy with that and the "we did what was asked of us, I don't see what more we could have done" approach is one that you're comfortable taking then fine, but don't be ashamed of it. Like I said if people are going to give you credit for what you've done then I reserve the right to disagree.

And I'm eternally grateful that GATO doesn't owe us anything, as that would be one debt that would never be repaid.

We'll you didn't get destroyed on our behalf so like I said we don't owe you anything. 

CnG's hands are just as bloodied as DH's, so I'm not sure about that. Regardless, you do bring forth a mentality I have expected all along. History has shown, I wouldn't expect anything from Umb/DH either, VE.

EDIT:

d3mon, on 25 Mar 2013 - 02:53, said:snapback.png

So, giving it all for allies is no longer worthy of praise ??

Acting completely counter to coalition strategy isn't particularly praise-worthy, no.

Ahahahaha, and there is a DH rep right on queue! I hope VE is reading between the lines.

Edited by Enamel32

I think he's referring to a previous war when VE fought on the other side to GOD but still tried to protect GOD by only 'allowing' certain alliances to hit them. Edited by Kowalski

So, giving it all for allies is no longer worthy of praise ?? And fighting for one round in a war that lasted 2 months is doing it right?? I guess all of GATO could have stayed in PM and done even better.

Of course it is. I never said anything about VE until they decided to come over here and whine about whatever it is they are crying about. Like I said we should have brought them out way earlier but I was trying to work within the coalition and we all simply argued details in circles about releasing lower tiers. It was the only part of the whole war I thought we all could have done better with especially after seeing how easily we handled RnR and Legion after the release had we done it 3 weeks ago we could have had most of our alliance fighting by now. Maybe that's what I get for being a team player.  

You misunderstand, I'm not referring to this war, I'm referring to past wars when the VE-GOD treaty was still a thing. I also didn't tell them to shut up, however I would argue that mutual membership of a coalition in an ongoing war is good cause to show a united front in public, at least until the war is over.Acting completely counter to coalition strategy isn't particularly praise-worthy, no.

I imagine it's hard to a VE member show unity while VE has lost -65.4% of their NS and just have 26 nations in peace mode, while GATO lost only -17.1% of their NS due their nations be hiding in peace mode for the whole war and still have more than 50% of their membership in peace mode.

I also didn't tell them to shut up, however I would argue that mutual membership of a coalition in an ongoing war is good cause to show a united front in public, at least until the war is over.Acting completely counter to coalition strategy isn't particularly praise-worthy, no.

A good point. A flippant answer would be that mutual membership of a coalition should also include fighting together and that there are other examples on display of acting in a manner that counters coalition strategy, but I wouldn't want to get involved in that.