Let's Do This....

Rush Sykes

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a lot of fun to watch. Also, after the draft is finished the leaders of the alliances should pick one ally and one rival. See which alliance ends up the best connected and which one has the biggest target on its back.

i will make sure you do this rush

I will do this. no problem, I just need to be certain who wants to be coaches since some people's replies were sort of vague in their participation. Hence, I am waiting to get more PMs (I only have 2 so far) from prospective coaches.

Fantasy CN, if done right this could be a little bit of fun in an otherwise ignorant and droll environment. I look forward to following this thread and how things go, if for nothing else just a break from the usual BS we wade thru on these forums...

CJ

Fantasy CN, if done right this could be a little bit of fun in an otherwise ignorant and droll environment. I look forward to following this thread and how things go, if for nothing else just a break from the usual BS we wade thru on these forums...

CJ

Agreed.  If I hadn't recently come back from being out of the game, I'd definitely be a part of the draft.  Unfortunately, my knowledge is a bit stuck in the past.

I'm up for either draft pick or coach (if you haven't filled coach slots yet).

I was just going to say draft, BUT after thinking about it, the coach would be far more challenging and fun because I only know so much about most people on CN and it might be fun for some of you to see what someone like me (educated but not a big time player in the larger politics) decides to do.  :popcorn:

Basically, the entirety of this project will depend on who's drafting, because people will automatically value people that they know/were hot shit when they started playing, so if we have people from different time periods it'll be all over the freaking place, whereas if we get all old people from similar circles it'll get interesting as the options wind down quickly.

Just a suggestion Rush:

Get a list of your "managers"

Go to http://www.random.org/lists/ and put them in and randomize for draft order.

As for the draft itself you could dedicate a thread but that could take awhile if a manager doesn't show.....Still the easiest option.....

Then when a manager selects a player have them declare what position they are having them fill in your roster build. ie Leader Minister, member etc.

SO Say I was a manager (don;t want to be) when it was my turn...I'd post:

Ruler Name-Leader

Now I'd have to fill the gov spots and member spots....

If not like this hopefully I gave you ideas.

CJ

Yeah, it's a fun idea.

Basically, the entirety of this project will depend on who's drafting, because people will automatically value people that they know/were hot shit when they started playing, so if we have people from different time periods it'll be all over the freaking place, whereas if we get all old people from similar circles it'll get interesting as the options wind down quickly.

The draftees should definitely be current players. Otherwise you're basically drafting dead weight and will lose your, uh, matches. (debates on whose team is winning)

Just a suggestion Rush:

Get a list of your "managers"

Go to http://www.random.org/lists/ and put them in and randomize for draft order.

As for the draft itself you could dedicate a thread but that could take awhile if a manager doesn't show.....Still the easiest option.....

Then when a manager selects a player have them declare what position they are having them fill in your roster build. ie Leader Minister, member etc.

SO Say I was a manager (don;t want to be) when it was my turn...I'd post:

Ruler Name-Leader

Now I'd have to fill the gov spots and member spots....

If not like this hopefully I gave you ideas.

I agree it'd be fun to watch the actual draft process, since once the draft is done, there will only be a few pages of commentary and then it'll take months to see how things are really going.